Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 10:14 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 823 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Frank Torres
The AC was not working properly. I dropped it off on Monday and they still hadn’t finished with it. But my car wasn’t the only loss, my SA said they lost the entire inventory.
Frank,

Sorry about your loss .................

Terry
Old 09-03-2021, 10:53 AM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 285 Posts

The AC was not working properly. I dropped it off on Monday and they still hadn’t finished with it. But my car wasn’t the only loss, my SA said they lost the entire inventory.
I'm so sorry to hear about that Frank, my condolences to you and yours. Hopefully you can get an allocation and make something happen before you lose much driving season next year. I can't imagine how well they will do with trying to get new inventory with the market the way it is, both with sparse cars, increased prices and of course lack of chips to get much accomplished. Please keep us posted as you learn more, and move forward with the process.

My friend had a 992s that had spun a bearing at a total of 20 miles, that was at the end of July after picking it up from PPF and tinting, he still doesn't have an allocation setup for that...it isn't just the Cayman's that are having issues either getting chances to build them.
The following users liked this post:
Frank Torres (09-03-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 11:41 AM
thundabyr
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts

I feel sorry for you Frank, that really sucks. I hope Porsche will have something to offer to those affected...

That being said, my SB BGTS has arrived at the dealership! I am picking it up next week unless something major is off about it.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:01 PM
SwanSong
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi All - my carmine red CGTS4.0 is set to arrive in Emden today to wait for a ride over to California. Anyone on a similar schedule that happens to know which boat it might be loaded on, or when the ship is set to depart? My estimated timeline shows departure from Emden around 9/24 or so, but am hopeful it will be before that. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2021, 12:07 PM
DIS295
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 51 Posts

Condolences Frank. We wait so long to get these cars now, and to only have has her for 600 miles.\! Best of luck with insurance/repairs/replacement.

I live in a flood plain, and worst we ever had was about 1 ft in our carport. Enough to move the cars, but how far? Turns out we had 40" in the carport and over a foot where I originally had our cars parked. Looked out at 9PM and moved them further. Lucky I did! My guess is that the dealership never had any significant flooding before this. It was a recordbreaker.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:15 PM
LarryLevelGT4
Track Day

Received 44 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by flynlo
From my SA!!!!
WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!
Just adding that I just received a call from my SA, he confirmed the same as flynlo's... 2022 718s can be released from port hold. No specific ETA on when that will happen for sure, but sounds promising that it will be well before 10/1. Yay.

And, Frank, that is heartbreaking. I was worried for all of those that had cars sitting in Davisville RI when Henri and this storm came through.
The following 2 users liked this post by LarryLevelGT4:
flynlo (09-03-2021), slilley (09-04-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 01:09 PM
devarenacn
Advanced

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Just got back from my dealership, upon checking mine has been pushed back for about 4 weeks from the original scheduled date. Was Nov 26 delivery now has been pushed back to Dec 24th, guess Christmas present will be delayed for this guy lol
Old 09-03-2021, 03:19 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by SwanSong
Hi All - my carmine red CGTS4.0 is set to arrive in Emden today to wait for a ride over to California. Anyone on a similar schedule that happens to know which boat it might be loaded on, or when the ship is set to depart? My estimated timeline shows departure from Emden around 9/24 or so, but am hopeful it will be before that. Thanks!
(Updated)
Here's some things I have been using to get some information:

The Siem Confucius just loaded yesterday and sailed out this morning. I just verified with my SA that my car didn't make it to Emden in time for that (still shows as in-transit).

Oddly enough, the only official VW shipping schedule I can find shows nothing past that one. (See https://www.pwl.de/en/eportal/schedules--vgm and then select VW and your destination area).

There are two other vehicle carriers in port now and one of them is the Siem Cicero. (See https://www.vesselfinder.com/ports/DEEME001) My SA advises that ship is one he recognizes as one that brings cars to the port of Houston so I'm hoping it will make it to Emden on time for that.

Hopefully those links will help you find a shipping schedule - when/if they update it - and then provide a way to watch for your ship to sail.

Last edited by StormRune; 09-03-2021 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 03:22 PM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Originaly answered by P-Car Vancouver: It just confirmation that you have a Bona fide order. Step one:check

Originally Posted by Unstock
Beautiful!! Just under 4 months to go as long they don’t have anymore delays.
Clarification: If you are at V070 you have placed an order, but that is not the same as confirmation/acceptance for an order. V070 occurs when your details are entered by your dealer into the PCNA system -- which creates an "Order Demand". An Order Demand is a request. The all-important step is when and whether your dealer is granted an "allocation" permitting the dealer to activate a real order for a vehicle with specific options and a planned production date. Once a dealer receives an allocation for the type of vehicle you are hoping to buy, then the question is will the dealer choose to assign the allocation they have to you as opposed to any other person who may also have an order demand and/or deposit, or just be on a list the dealer has of interested parties. The allocation goes to the dealership, and they in turn decide whose order demand to satisfy with it.

Absent a specific allocation, V070 means both you and your dealer are expressing an interest in purchasing a car from PAG. Its the allocation that creates the opportunity for you both to get what you wish. If your dealer already informed you that they had an allocation that they assigned/awarded to you ---- then you are sitting pretty on the can't-wait-till-they-build-it train.

Otherwise, like me, you're in the station waiting for that allocation......

Old 09-03-2021, 03:32 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by slilley
This is wonderful news! I just hope it applies to all 50 states! I see you are from TX, which isn't a CARB state. I wonder if those of us in CARB states (CA, CT, DE, ME, MD, MA, NJ, NM, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT, WA and DC) will have a longer wait?

I'll be anxiously watching this thread to see if anyone reports the same news of the model year 2022 cars being ready for sale in the CARB states! Fingers crossed!

checked the CARB site and no mention of any porsches on there approved for 2022MY
https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/new-vehicle-a...y-trucks-and-0

for 2021's the 4.0L didin't get approved till 12/7!
https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/new-vehicle-a...y-trucks-and-0
slilley (09-04-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 04:41 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Redundant post to the one I updated above...

Last edited by StormRune; 09-03-2021 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:20 PM
Unstock
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Reedy
Signing out of the waiting room. Picked her up today. Loving the Miami Blue brake calipers to match the seat belts.

Miami blue graphic on the side or hood 👍. Congrats, enjoy, beautiful car dude
Old 09-03-2021, 05:36 PM
SwanSong
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
(Updated)
Here's some things I have been using to get some information:

The Siem Confucius just loaded yesterday and sailed out this morning. I just verified with my SA that my car didn't make it to Emden in time for that (still shows as in-transit).

Oddly enough, the only official VW shipping schedule I can find shows nothing past that one. (See https://www.pwl.de/en/eportal/schedules--vgm and then select VW and your destination area).

There are two other vehicle carriers in port now and one of them is the Siem Cicero. (See https://www.vesselfinder.com/ports/DEEME001) My SA advises that ship is one he recognizes as one that brings cars to the port of Houston so I'm hoping it will make it to Emden on time for that.

Hopefully those links will help you find a shipping schedule - when/if they update it - and then provide a way to watch for your ship to sail.

Thank you for this! I can't seem to find any vehicle tranport vessels expected, in, or departing that mention port of San Diego. Does anyone know by chance which ships head to the west coast?
Old 09-03-2021, 07:01 PM
Kamber
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RIP

This morning I received a call from my dealership (Englewood Porsche NJ) that all the vehicles in the lot and shop received severe flood damage. Unfortunately my two month old GT4 was in their shop. Back to the drawing board for me….
Damn, so sorry to hear that Frank. I was just in their temporary office the day before the flood to put a deposit down to get in line for a future Spyder allocation. Went over with my SA to their storage lot to try out some different seats in various 718's and 991.2's.... if everything in that lot got flooded... holy ****, RIPPPPPP.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:02 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by SwanSong
Thank you for this! I can't seem to find any vehicle tranport vessels expected, in, or departing that mention port of San Diego. Does anyone know by chance which ships head to the west coast?
Mine went to San Diego and was on the SFL Composer ship

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...