Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 10:51 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,608 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by JCZ5
Wow, I did not get this printout when Ickes in my build. When is your build slot?

This is the print out from the configurator, I just saved it as a PDF. My actual build sheet is from the dealer with the commission number on it.

My build slot in sometime in July, I forget the exact date but I think mid July.

Old 05-22-2021, 10:52 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,324 Likes on 2,179 Posts

Wow, I did not get this printout when Ickes in my build. When is your build slot?
You can download that type of file from the configurator. If you hit “save” that’s what you get.
The following users liked this post:
P-car-Vancouver (05-23-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 12:25 AM
GeminiMan
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRZ06
Mine is V200, with a estimated delivery date of Nov. 2nd
Wow great build! But you missed one item. the headlight washers in exterior color!
Old 05-23-2021, 12:51 AM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,608 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by GeminiMan
Wow great build! But you missed one item. the headlight washers in exterior color!
Thanks man.

I'm not too worried about that. I don't mind it in black, gives it a little contrast. My current car is very mono colored and I am definitely needing some contrast, as little as the washers are, its still something that gives a little contrast.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:00 AM
Pattymac
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

Stopped by my dealer this weekend to check my status and change a couple of options (after much research here).
I'm V200 now with a lock on June 11. Build in July. Delivery late August. I was advised that delivery may be delayed slightly since I've opted for a PEC Atlanta delivery (I live in Atlanta).
I just added LWBS to my build. I would appreciate any suggestions on the build before it locks.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN2CWGN9
jake18 (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 01:16 AM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Pattymac
Stopped by my dealer this weekend to check my status and change a couple of options (after much research here).
I'm V200 now with a lock on June 11. Build in July. Delivery late August. I was advised that delivery may be delayed slightly since I've opted for a PEC Atlanta delivery (I live in Atlanta).
I just added LWBS to my build. I would appreciate any suggestions on the build before it locks.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN2CWGN9
Wow you’re timeline is great, if not a bit optimistic. Basically a month or so between build to delivery. My dealer says the Porsche initial estimate is always a little off and usually takes 3 months from build to delivery to the east coast from his experience.

We shall see in reality and hope your timeline is the new timeline for east coast deliveries.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:13 AM
jake18
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by faizaan2000
I put money down last August. Got a message from my dealer early last week that they would have an allocation for me this week. Got an email today saying October 1 production, expected November delivery.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNNV77C0

Bucket seats, Python green, gold wheels, green stitching, green seatbelts.
Congrats on finally getting your car after more than a year of waiting. I looked at your build and noticed you didn’t select the 2-Zone Automatic Climate Control. Many people have said they regretted not getting this feature because it was a drag to keep adjusting the temperature manually. Do some search on this topic and see what you think.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:18 AM
jake18
Instructor

Originally Posted by devarenacn
Put the money down and got an allocation for Spyder this Monday, not V200 just yet, but fingers crossed, hopefully soon!

My build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNDBPSN0
Congrats on finally getting your car. I looked at your build and noticed you didn’t select the 2-Zone Automatic Climate Control. Many people have said they regretted not getting this feature because it was a drag to keep adjusting the temperature manually. Do some search on this topic and see what you think.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:21 AM
jake18
Instructor

Originally Posted by jyu0
Long time lurker here, but I think it is time to make this official. Towards the end of last year, I started to realize that the end was near for Porsche NA engined cars, so I started looking for something that I would keep for a long time. Since I keep a dedicated 981 Cayman S track car, I have always been more of a Porsche mid-engine platform guy and love the perfect balance. With that being said, I got on the list and put a deposit down for a GT4 at my local dealer on February 18th. Surprisingly, I was number one on the list and I got a call last week about an available allocation. I went there yesterday to finalize the spec for a Racing Yellow GT4 and the estimated arrival date will be 8/27. The expected V250 date is 6/25, and V260 will be 7/9. In the meantime, I am looking forward to passing time on this forum and also getting my '20 M2 Comp for sale. Here are the specs.

Congrats on finally getting your car. I looked at your build and noticed you didn’t select the 2-Zone Automatic Climate Control. Many people have said they regretted not getting this feature because it was a drag to keep adjusting the temperature manually. Do some search on this topic and see what you think.
Old 05-24-2021, 10:53 AM
Guaji
Racer

Received 271 Likes on 142 Posts

Wow you’re timeline is great, if not a bit optimistic. Basically a month or so between build to delivery. My dealer says the Porsche initial estimate is always a little off and usually takes 3 months from build to delivery to the east coast from his experience.

We shall see in reality and hope your timeline is the new timeline for east coast deliveries.
The timeline that I was told seems a bit optimistic too. My SA said a freeze date of June 2nd with an August 20th delivery. I am thinking more like a September delivery since my order includes PECLA delivery. The dealership is on the East coast.

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do...bcode=PN8D8QU3

Last edited by Guaji; 05-24-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-24-2021, 11:09 AM
smilin
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 142 Posts

i think i’ve figured out my two month push out…original delivery of july 30, and the PCA (US) raffle results are due july 31…so the porsche gods didn’t want me taking delivery the day before i won a new car!

since others with LEDs are mentioning normal delivery, i’m currently leaning toward burmester as the delay.
Porsche2014 (05-30-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 11:23 AM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by smilin
i think i’ve figured out my two month push out…original delivery of july 30, and the PCA (US) raffle results are due july 31…so the porsche gods didn’t want me taking delivery the day before i won a new car!

since others with LEDs are mentioning normal delivery, i’m currently leaning toward burmester as the delay.
My options aren't far off from yours - Burmester is the one item I debated internally for a long time before opting against.

For MY sake... I hope your delay is caused by the Burm...
smilin (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 03:03 PM
lnirenberg
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 68 Posts

My progression is I sold my 991 GT3 race car last summer and replaced it with a '14 911TTS with 3k miles, go figure. After some reversible modifications I got the car on track this year and with 4 track days in I can honestly attest that driving that car on my home track (lots of tight turns and heavy brake zones) it is akin to wrestling an alligator, especially compared to the GT3. After following a friend a few weeks ago in his new GT4 and watching him keep up with the big boy GT cars I decided to stop fighting the laws of physics and go mid-engine. The sales manager at the local Porsche dealer is a friend and I am now in V200 status with a mid-October delivery. I'll probably go through another 3 sets of cup 2s on the portly beast while I wait as I get on track at least once a week. Goal is to break in the engine before winter so next spring it'll be ready to hit 8000.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:52 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,217 Likes on 1,116 Posts

After 8 months, I am back in the waiting room for a '22 Boxster GTS. Here is my build, but not sure about the Burmester. The Bose in my '17 991.2 was awful but in the 992 it was decent. I wonder if they upgraded the Bose since 2017. I rarely turn the system on, but when I do, it should be good listening.

My build is scheduled for the fourth week of July. Here's to hoping it builds one week sooner to avoid the August shut-down.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKZJXR9
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan Nagy:
jake18 (05-24-2021), JSF101 (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 05:25 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
After 8 months, I am back in the waiting room for a '22 Boxster GTS. Here is my build, but not sure about the Burmester. The Bose in my '17 991.2 was awful but in the 992 it was decent. I wonder if they upgraded the Bose since 2017. I rarely turn the system on, but when I do, it should be good listening.

My build is scheduled for the fourth week of July. Here's to hoping it builds one week sooner to avoid the August shut-down.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKZJXR9
The '20 GT4 I rented on Turo this past weekend had Bose. It was still as awful as I remember the Bose sounding in the 9x1 cars (note I don't think the Bose sounds TERRIBLE when it's in the Macan or Cayenne... but the sporty cars, its really bad.)

I was on the fence with my Spyder build about the Burm. In the end, I left it off - and just ordered the car with the regular old Sound Package Plus. I'll be buying a speaker and amp kit from Musicar NW - they make a complete, drop-in setup for the SPP cars for something like $4,500 that'll sound better than the Burm. If you're at all handy (I am) it's DIY'able with some patience for removing the door panels to swap in the new speakers.
AMGsound (03-21-2023)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...