Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 06:43 PM
Bearrun21
Racer

Received 352 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonesteak33
Just reached the build freeze point on a 718 Boxster GTS 4.0L 6MT. And now join the waiting game...
Wow. You did it REALLY well. I saw several AvGreen cars in Indianapolis in September. Blown away by the amount of metallic in that paint.

IMO, perfect combination with the platinum wheels, brown roof, black aluminum trim, and crests in the headrests.

Enjoy, and I'll recheck the AvGreen thread in the future--and can't wait to see pictures once you have it.
Old 10-14-2022, 07:17 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,262 Likes on 707 Posts

Ok so for those who lost pictures in TYD. Reach out to your SA. I just emailed mine and he said they have some other people who are experiencing the same. He is going to reach out to Porsche and see if he can get our photos for us that way. So see if your SA can do the same!
Old 10-14-2022, 07:44 PM
patdonahue
Pro

Received 402 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay9722
There were never any pictures uploaded to my TYD yet the build process and shipping updates came and went with no issue. I’m out to sea on the Conductor so I’m going to assume the window to see my production pics has come and gone.
Same happened to me, zero photos. I called PCNA and spoke to s person in the digital dept. he forwarded my concern to the factory and c/c'ed me a copy of the request, no joy. My dealer tried to help also but could not find any photos either. Everyone on this side of the Atlantic I spoke to was very helpful and trying to track them down, but I guess they are in a digital dungeon at the factory. I find it strange that the car passed 3 possible camera station and never a snapshot. I do wonder if my car being finished on a Sunday had anything to do with it?
My BGTS is now on the boat and should be at the dealer 2 weeks from today, so I have given up hope of seeing any photos which was rather disappointing. It is done in Aventurine Green so I would have rather fancied a shot of it rolling out of the paint hall, I spec'd the color never having seen it in person other than the paint sample at the dealer, which I really liked, trusting that Porsche has got their act together with the color. It seems to be a rare color in my part of the country.

Last edited by patdonahue; 10-14-2022 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:24 PM
Jay9722
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by patdonahue
Same happened to me, zero photos. I called PCNA and spoke to s person in the digital dept. he forwarded my concern to the factory and c/c'ed me a copy of the request, no joy. My dealer tried to help also but could not find any photos either. Everyone on this side of the Atlantic I spoke to was very helpful and trying to track them down, but I guess they are in a digital dungeon at the factory. I find it strange that the car passed 3 possible camera station and never a snapshot. I do wonder if my car being finished on a Sunday had anything to do with it?
My BGTS is now on the boat and should be at the dealer 2 weeks from today, so I have given up hope of seeing any photos which was rather disappointing. It is done in Aventurine Green so I would have rather fancied a shot of it rolling out of the paint hall, I spec'd the color never having seen it in person other than the paint sample at the dealer, which I really liked, trusting that Porsche has got their act together with the color. It seems to be a rare color in my part of the country.
After reading some of the horror stories guys have had to endure with agonizing allocation issues, production pauses and shipping delays, etc. I shouldn’t be too upset at not having production pics. The process thus far has been pretty smooth. So I consider myself lucky!
Old 10-14-2022, 08:33 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by asahione
I have a 2022 GT4 with PDLS+ awaiting V300 Complete Production - CP8.0. My production photos show the headlights installed but waiting for the chip to be operable. This is what my SA is telling me. My delivery date got pushed back again to 11/25.

2022, not 2023?
Old 10-14-2022, 09:29 PM
asahione
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesrg
Where is your car right now in the process?
In my Porsche App, it is at 04 Start Production,
Old 10-14-2022, 09:30 PM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 92 Posts

In my Porsche App, it is at 04 Start Production,
ok thanks. I got super lucky and my 23 Spyder was shipped out with PDLS+ and was worried I might get delayed at port with an install of a chip or something.
Old 10-14-2022, 09:44 PM
asahione
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
When did your car finish and when did you get the finished production pics? Are your pics still available on the website? I only received the first 2 pictures but never received the final production picture and now there are no pictures available for some reason. I really wish I could get the final production pic. Curious if maybe its something my dealership could ask for?
Got a congratulatory email from Porsche around 9/1 that my GT4 has just completed the production process. Logged in a couple days afterwards and received 2 photos showing the front and side body. The following day I received the completed one. Photos are no longer showing up..
Old 10-14-2022, 09:45 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Just saw an update on TYD that I am on violet ace! So close!
The following users liked this post:
gregturek (10-14-2022)
Old 10-14-2022, 09:57 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Got a congratulatory email from Porsche around 9/1 that my GT4 has just completed the production process. Logged in a couple days afterwards and received 2 photos showing the front and side body. The following day I received the completed one. Photos are no longer showing up..
Yeah i got my email aroun 10/01 that production was complete but i only got the front and side but no completed picture.
Old 10-14-2022, 10:05 PM
gregturek
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
Just saw an update on TYD that I am on violet ace! So close!
I just received the same update, but it's a little odd:

The progress bar moved to "On Vessel" and the ship name Violet Ace was added, but the date hasn't changed and shows estimated.

Violet Ace arrived Emden yesterday and leaves tonight. So instead of being on vessel on 10/28 I should arrive in Baltimore on 10/29. A couple week improvement!!!

Violet Ace has recently left port:

Old 10-14-2022, 10:07 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by gregturek
I just received the same update, but it's a little odd:

The progress bar moved to "On Vessel" and the ship name Violet Ace was added, but the date hasn't changed and shows estimated.

Violet Ace arrived Emden yesterday and leaves tonight. So instead of being on vessel on 10/28 I should arrive in Baltimore on 10/29. A couple week improvement!!!

Violet Ace has recently left port:

I think the "date of milestone" is lagging behind the actual milestone being hit for both of us.

So I take it Violet Ace will make landfall in Baltimore on 10/29? I was trying to find that information! Hopefully I get my car within a week or two after that.
Old 10-14-2022, 10:28 PM
gregturek
Racer

Originally Posted by rusmani
I think the "date of milestone" is lagging behind the actual milestone being hit for both of us.

So I take it Violet Ace will make landfall in Baltimore on 10/29? I was trying to find that information! Hopefully I get my car within a week or two after that.
Looks like TYD is updating in real time. My On Vessel date just updated to 10/14.

The "Entry Port" milestone should show the destination port. Here is the latest shipping schedule for Volkswagen/Porsche. The dates are estimated arrival dates.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:41 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

No such luck for me =(
Old 10-14-2022, 10:48 PM
gregturek
Racer

Originally Posted by Xxyion
No such luck for me =(
That sux. Fingers crossed TYD is still updating. We were so close in production dates.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...