Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2023, 10:30 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,117 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by Montaver
Has anyone put it through their paces on track as well? I see the OEM OAP has heat shielding but this does not appear to.
I notice that JCR just stated that after testing their link pipes, all are heat shielded as standard. Seems heat shielding may be necessary after all.

From JCR: "A very important feature with both the Inconel Link Pipes (Race Catted) and Titanium Link Pipes (Non Silenced) that we offer is all parts include Inconel heatshielding as standard. After testing parts with and without heatshielding on track it was blatantly obvious that this step was absolutely necessary from a safety and performance stand point and hence we will not supply any of our link pipes without the necessary heat protection applied."
The following users liked this post:
Montaver (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 10:46 PM
Bill_76
Pro

Received 541 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
I notice that JCR just stated that after testing their link pipes, all are heat shielded as standard. Seems heat shielding may be necessary after all.

From JCR: "A very important feature with both the Inconel Link Pipes (Race Catted) and Titanium Link Pipes (Non Silenced) that we offer is all parts include Inconel heatshielding as standard. After testing parts with and without heatshielding on track it was blatantly obvious that this step was absolutely necessary from a safety and performance stand point and hence we will not supply any of our link pipes without the necessary heat protection applied."
So will JCR provide the heat shield to all the previous one sold?

I have Kline system since 1 year ago, when I had the full oem system or in a second phase, the oem over axle wit the opf plus an aftermarket back box, every time I park the car in the garage and put the roof up, the car almost butn my leg…..after install the Kline the difference is huge!!! I don’t feel any heat in my leg under same situations/westher. This fake opf is what collect the heat near suspension/tires. Maybe if you track it will be good to have the heat shield but the main reason to have it from factory should be the this ****ty fale opf honeycomb
Montaver (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 10:55 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,499 Likes on 2,253 Posts

I think the JCR was always heat shielded (could be wrong but that’s my memory). I think it would be possible to use header wrap on them in place (if you don’t have the sheiding), I think someone did that but I can’t remember the poster or exhaust brand.

Maybe Kline should sell an after sales wrap kit.

Last edited by UncleDude; 02-14-2023 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-14-2023, 10:56 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bill_76
So will JCR provide the heat shield to all the previous one sold?

I have Kline system since 1 year ago, when I had the full oem system or in a second phase, the oem over axle wit the opf plus an aftermarket back box, every time I park the car in the garage and put the roof up, the car almost butn my leg…..after install the Kline the difference is huge!!! I don’t feel any heat in my leg under same situations/westher. This fake opf is what collect the heat near suspension/tires. Maybe if you track it will be good to have the heat shield but the main reason to have it from factory should be the this ****ty fale opf honeycomb
Just stating what JCR now say. Did their pipes used to be non-shielded??

Akra always heat shielded, Kline recently started. 981's without OPFs were heat shielded too. Not trying to start a debate of this topic, as been thrashed out to death already. I just thought some new buyers may like to be informed
Old 02-14-2023, 11:51 PM
Bill_76
Pro

Received 541 Likes on 244 Posts

Just stating what JCR now say. Did their pipes used to be non-shielded??

Akra always heat shielded, Kline recently started. 981's without OPFs were heat shielded too. Not trying to start a debate of this topic, as been thrashed out to death already. I just thought some new buyers may like to be informed
Sure! I recall only Akra always had heat shield, maybe JCR too and I’m wrong, however if you track the car is better to have it. What I express is that this f*** fake opf is what generates so much heat, take it out and you will feel the difference just only standing near the rear fender/wheel after a ride. I had a 981 GT4 before and the first thing I noticed with the oem 718 spyder exhaust was the hot in my leg as soon as you are near rear wheel, after over axle update, cannot notice difference compared to my old 981 gt4.

Old 02-15-2023, 12:26 AM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bill_76
Sure! I recall only Akra always had heat shield, maybe JCR too and I’m wrong, however if you track the car is better to have it. What I express is that this f*** fake opf is what generates so much heat, take it out and you will feel the difference just only standing near the rear fender/wheel after a ride. I had a 981 GT4 before and the first thing I noticed with the oem 718 spyder exhaust was the hot in my leg as soon as you are near rear wheel, after over axle update, cannot notice difference compared to my old 981 gt4.
Is it a fake OPF? I thought its same filter as EU models, just not monitored.
Old 02-15-2023, 12:19 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,416 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Maybe Kline should sell an after sales wrap kit.
Kline offers after sales heat shield installation but its something that they need to install so you would need to ship the OAP and/or rear section to them. We can help if this is something you wish to do.

You can also https://www.jet-hot.com/ which would cost less than sending the parts back & forth to Kline.

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

UncleDude (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 04:08 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Heat shielding shown here on OAP's.

The following 2 users liked this post by RoadrunnerGTS:
SpyderSenseOC (02-15-2023), subwoofer (06-06-2024)
Old 02-15-2023, 04:12 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,349 Likes on 809 Posts

Heat shielding shown here on OAP's.

Damn. I don't know if I'd rather install them on the car or hang them on the wall.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:16 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,872 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremePower
Kline offers after sales heat shield installation but its something that they need to install so you would need to ship the OAP and/or rear section to them. We can help if this is something you wish to do.

You can also https://www.jet-hot.com/ which would cost less than sending the parts back & forth to Kline.
On my previous OAPs, Jet-Hot charged me $180 to walk them in.
SupremePower (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 05:44 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Is it a fake OPF? I thought its same filter as EU models, just not monitored.
The NA OEM GPF has the same ceramic structure without the active coating that burns off the particulates, and as you mentioned it is not monitored.
RoadrunnerGTS (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 07:11 PM
Montaver
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 249 Posts

I ordered with the heat shielding on the OAP's. Delays the gratification a bit due tio 2-4 weeks delivery but its worth it. There is no downside to having the shielding, only upside. Excess heat in that area will be bad for wheel bearings and dampers in particular.
Old 02-15-2023, 07:42 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Montaver
I ordered with the heat shielding on the OAP's. Delays the gratification a bit due tio 2-4 weeks delivery but its worth it. There is no downside to having the shielding, only upside. Excess heat in that area will be bad for wheel bearings and dampers in particular.
Thank you for your order!The only downside would be that the heat shielding does muffle the sound which is more apparent in the Inconel material.

The Kline OAP pipes run significantly cooler than the OE pipes w filter. The amount of heat your car gives off from the OE filter after hard driving is astonishing. Once the Kline OAP is installed the radiating heat is no where near what the OE filter was producing. I JUST ordered an infared heat gun. Next one that comes in we will do the test on the factory filter VS the OAP and let you guys know what we find!

Kline’s stance from the beginning was that you do not need the heat shield on this application. They added the heat shielding when they saw people on Rennlist comparing their product to their competitors who have heat shield. Now customers can decide if they want to add the heat shield or not. If there was a heat problem w any application Kline would not make the heat shield optional it would be automatically included.

If the heat shield gives you peace of mind then go for it.

We dont push the heat shield when we sell these and have had no issues reported and we have sold A LOT of these....

Thank you again for you order! Any and all questions welcome.

Old 02-15-2023, 07:59 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,635 Likes on 1,332 Posts

I’d get the jet hott and skip the shielding. That’s what I did. @SupremePower I assume you can have the oaps sent to jet hott directly.

Last edited by Adrift; 02-15-2023 at 08:00 PM.
SupremePower (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 08:03 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Adrift
I’d get the jet hott and skip the shielding. That’s what I did. @SupremePower I assume you can have the oaps sent to jet hott directly.
We definitely can.
Adrift (02-15-2023)

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust