Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2023, 04:49 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,416 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
Yes, it is just the right titanium color metal and enough metal to be nice contrast against black CF and diffuser. You also can't see the Kline logo really.

Looks great!! I hope you’re enjoying the exhaust

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 02-05-2023, 08:59 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 678 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
Have you ever mixed in a little E85?

Ill fill up with roughly 3 gallons of E85 in a full tank when ever I come across it at a station, and the mixture really adds a lot of additional punch to the car (F82). I wonder if this would have similar effects to the 718 4.0.
I didnt like the E85 as it smelled bad in the garage. So I bought some Boostane and 2 to 3OZ of that works great to go up a couple octanes for me from 91 to about 93 and the car runs better
Old 02-13-2023, 03:55 PM
Montaver
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 249 Posts

This seems to be the pick of the litter when it comes to exhausts, watched a lot of videos. I'm looking for a higher pitch tone with some snarl but not overly raspy. How have peoples experiences been when paired with Kline headers or any headers with HFC's? I'll probably add headers at some point.

Has anyone put it through their paces on track as well? I see the OEM OAP has heat shielding but this does not appear to.
Old 02-13-2023, 04:11 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by Montaver
This seems to be the pick of the litter when it comes to exhausts, watched a lot of videos. I'm looking for a higher pitch tone with some snarl but not overly raspy. How have peoples experiences been when paired with Kline headers or any headers with HFC's? I'll probably add headers at some point.

Has anyone put it through their paces on track as well? I see the OEM OAP has heat shielding but this does not appear to.
Kline offers heat shielding on either OAP or muffler. I got heatshield on OAP only.
Old 02-14-2023, 01:54 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,872 Likes on 908 Posts

I started with the inconel OAPs and rear muffler which is amazing on its own but still a bit tame in the higher RPMs. I then got the inconel catted headers. Now IMO, the car sounds perfect. Almost identical to the OAP and the muffler alone under regular driving and commuting. However, above 5k, it really wails. Snarl is a good description. I can't think of how I would improve it as it sounds perfect to me (maybe another 1000 RPM to really ring it out). I do have the Softronic tune to take advantage of the exhaust which has the benefit of actually keeping the valves open then you want them open. I have not done any track events yet or dynoed it but there is definitely more power with this setup and I find myself easily breaking traction on acceleration. However, with the mid-engine balance of this car, it is so easy to do a tail wag acceleration without losing control into a light pole. I'll save that for the Mustang and Hellcat owners.

Kline does not think heat shielding is necessary but they do offer it for owners who want peace of mind. I have JetHot coated my previous Soul OAPs (that I never installed) but never bothered with Kline as they said it was unnecessary.

Happy to take you for a ride if you are ever in the Raleigh area.

Last edited by MaddMike; 02-14-2023 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-14-2023, 02:45 PM
Montaver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MaddMike
I started with the inconel OAPs and rear muffler which is amazing on its own but still a bit tame in the higher RPMs. I then got the inconel catted headers. Now IMO, the car sounds perfect. Almost identical to the OAP and the muffler alone under regular driving and commuting. However, above 5k, it really wails. Snarl is a good description. I can't think of how I would improve it as it sounds perfect to me (maybe another 1000 RPM to really ring it out). I do have the Softronic tune to take advantage of the exhaust which has the benefit of actually keeping the valves open then you want them open. I have not done any track events yet or dynoed it but there is definitely more power with this setup and I find myself easily breaking traction on acceleration. However, with the mid-engine balance of this car, it is so easy to do a tail wag acceleration without losing control into a light pole. I'll save that for the Mustang and Hellcat owners.

Kline does not think heat shielding is necessary but they do offer it for owners who want peace of mind. I have JetHot coated my previous Soul OAPs (that I never installed) but never bothered with Kline as they said it was unnecessary.

Happy to take you for a ride if you are ever in the Raleigh area.
Great post, thank you! I had an Inconel exhaust on my E90 M3 which sounded awesome, but it cracked after some hard use. I'm leaning towards the SS version (its also a lot cheaper!). I'll probably just get a valve controller as I don't want to tune whilst under warranty.

Its night and day how quiet the stock exhaust on the 718 is compared to the stock 981. In terms of power delivery though the 4.0 is a clear level up. Cant wait to give it a proper voice!
The following 2 users liked this post by Montaver:
MaddMike (02-14-2023), UncleDude (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 03:15 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,499 Likes on 2,253 Posts

I have not heard the inconel in person, but I'm very satisfied with the stainless steel system. I did an all day trip yesterday with it, in a mix of urban and highway driving and it was awesome. A client of mine with two 911's loved the valves closed tone equally to open. So far I'm running the OEM valve logic / PSE but will probably install the controller when it is a bit warmer out.
Old 02-14-2023, 04:45 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Great post, thank you! I had an Inconel exhaust on my E90 M3 which sounded awesome, but it cracked after some hard use. I'm leaning towards the SS version (its also a lot cheaper!). I'll probably just get a valve controller as I don't want to tune whilst under warranty.

Its night and day how quiet the stock exhaust on the 718 is compared to the stock 981. In terms of power delivery though the 4.0 is a clear level up. Cant wait to give it a proper voice!
The Inconel is worth the upgrade if budget permits and has more GT sound in the higher RPMS under hard accelleration.
We sell 85% inconel vs 15% in Stainless. We have both in stock for you guys all the time too.
Cargraphic controllers in stock too.
Will shoot you a PM

Last edited by SupremePower; 02-14-2023 at 04:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mc3456 (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 05:03 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Received 448 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremePower
The Inconel is worth the upgrade if budget permits and has more GT sound in the higher RPMS under hard accelleration.
We sell 85% inconel vs 15% in Stainless. We have both in stock for you guys all the time too.
Will shoot you a PM
Installed my Inconel in Late-November before storing the car for the Winter. Only got to put 100 miles on it. However, with a very mild Winter so far, I've put about 300 miles on the car over the past 3-4 days and the exhaust sounds absolutely fantastic. My only concern now is that I might prematurely wear out my PDK from downshifting in manual mode so much just to hear that delightful blip. May have to think about the Sport Cats after tax day!

Last edited by mc3456; 02-14-2023 at 05:04 PM.
UncleDude (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 05:07 PM
Montaver
Rennlist Member

Will shoot you a PM
Thanks Eric, we are already exchanging emails! I lappreciate the sound of inconcel, but after my previous experience I have concerns regards its durability. How long is the warranty on Kline?
Old 02-14-2023, 06:02 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks Eric, we are already exchanging emails! I lappreciate the sound of inconcel, but after my previous experience I have concerns regards its durability. How long is the warranty on Kline?
I thought we might have been. For what its worth, we have sold A LOT of these systems w no issues to speak of....

I have saved this email I received from Rares @ KLINE since I never heard of such an amazing warranty (for original purchaser)Hi Eric,

For our exhaust systems you have 4 years warranty for stainless steel version and 99 years for Inconel > (valves and catalyst 4 years).

If you need more info, please let me know.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Rares

Sales - Kline Innovation"
Montaver (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 06:06 PM
NiteCrawlr
Racer

Received 281 Likes on 127 Posts

I thought we might have been. For what its worth, we have sold A LOT of these systems w no issues to speak of....

I have saved this email I received from Rares @ KLINE since I never heard of such an amazing warranty (for original purchaser)Hi Eric,

For our exhaust systems you have 4 years warranty for stainless steel version and 99 years for Inconel > (valves and catalyst 4 years).

If you need more info, please let me know.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Rares

Sales - Kline Innovation"
I can attest to the validity of this warranty and both Kline and SupremePower's level of service. I recently had a problem with one of my inconel headers which I bought like 2 years ago and Eric and Kline got me another one within a week after I sent one email. Thanks Eric
Old 02-14-2023, 06:10 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
I have not heard the inconel in person, but I'm very satisfied with the stainless steel system. I did an all day trip yesterday with it, in a mix of urban and highway driving and it was awesome. A client of mine with two 911's loved the valves closed tone equally to open. So far I'm running the OEM valve logic / PSE but will probably install the controller when it is a bit warmer out.
VC closed on the Kline actually sound really great too. I find myself using closed very often in urban driving. The idle and lower rev in closed especially sounds premium, smooth and exotic.
UncleDude (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 06:51 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NiteCrawlr
I can attest to the validity of this warranty and both Kline and SupremePower's level of service. I recently had a problem with one of my inconel headers which I bought like 2 years ago and Eric and Kline got me another one within a week after I sent one email. Thanks Eric
+1 Similar. Kline is "no questions asked", just replace. Amazing customer service and stand by their product.
Old 02-14-2023, 07:07 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,499 Likes on 2,253 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
VC closed on the Kline actually sound really great too. I find myself using closed very often in urban driving. The idle and lower rev in closed especially sounds premium, smooth and exotic.
Good description, that's how I feel. I don't want the car shouting all the time.

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust