Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 12:06 AM
ltfl09
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Anyone have the Kline exhaust or have heard it in person? Interested in how it sounds since it has Inconel. Someone posted a chart of mixing different exhaust companies for the GT4/Spyder and how it sounds - anyone have that?

https://flat6motorsports.com/collect...32942986395732
The following 2 users liked this post by ltfl09:
K-Nut (02-19-2021), Rfwii (04-06-2024)

Popular Reply

10-28-2022, 05:37 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,608 Likes on 914 Posts

Well, got the Kline Inconel installed.

Only driving to grab lunch so far , but holy sh*t, WOW, sounds so amazing!!!

just the perfect amount of volume, not obnoxious, but just enough.

High pitched, exotic, sophisticated sound. Valves always open is just perfect.

Big shout out to Eric @Supreme for the awesome pricing , it was great meeting you in person. Kim was awesome as well. 1st class shop with a beautiful garage bay and lobby.

Now the journey back home from So. Cal to N. Cal.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:25 AM
acey81
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Haven't heard it on the GT4, but generally, they sound amazing. I have a friend who has it for the GT3 and one for the Turbo S, and even the Turbo S sounds incredible.

But on another note. How come the different companies state so different performance gains? If you look at JCR, they claim that with their full system will see gains of 55 WHP. If you look at Cargraphic they state somewhere around 20-30 bhp with their full system and Kline claims "up to 20 hp" (Replacing the OPF with a specially designed silencer, removes the most restrictive component, without causing drone associated with OPF removal. Replacing the stock catalysts with 100 cell HJS motorsport catalysts, or decat pipes, and correcting the subsequent A/F ratios will yield up to 20 hp.).

I don't know what to think, to be honest.
The following users liked this post:
Andrewpiper (08-29-2022)
Old 11-16-2020, 11:41 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by acey81
Haven't heard it on the GT4, but generally, they sound amazing. I have a friend who has it for the GT3 and one for the Turbo S, and even the Turbo S sounds incredible.

But on another note. How come the different companies state so different performance gains? If you look at JCR, they claim that with their full system will see gains of 55 WHP. If you look at Cargraphic they state somewhere around 20-30 bhp with their full system and Kline claims "up to 20 hp" (Replacing the OPF with a specially designed silencer, removes the most restrictive component, without causing drone associated with OPF removal. Replacing the stock catalysts with 100 cell HJS motorsport catalysts, or decat pipes, and correcting the subsequent A/F ratios will yield up to 20 hp.).

I don't know what to think, to be honest.
You have to look at the design of each system......the OPF delete pipes from Cargraphics still have that large canister, the JCR system has catless headers and a race exhaust.....can't compared them directly.
But the consensus is that replacing the muffler section and the OPF pipes yields the most gains....Soul saw up to 30 whp peak with their race system which goes in hand with JCRs find.
After seeing some pics of the Klein system, I don't like the headers design (at least the ones with cats) as they have the collector separated too far from the entrance to the cats...would like to see their race/cat-less design.
The OPF Pipes I see on that website have some kind of canister/resonator...so another restriction probably to tune the sound and eliminate drone.
Also...from how it reads on the description the 20 hp gain is when you replace cats with the 100 cel ones or race headers over a regular sports (catted) setup with OEM or 200-cell cats....besides correcting the A/F ratios via a flash or COBB.
jebbe (02-09-2024)
Old 11-16-2020, 12:01 PM
acey81
Racer

Originally Posted by jmartpr
You have to look at the design of each system......the OPF delete pipes from Cargraphics still have that large canister, the JCR system has catless headers and a race exhaust.....can't compared them directly.
But the consensus is that replacing the muffler section and the OPF pipes yields the most gains....Soul saw up to 30 whp peak with their race system which goes in hand with JCRs find.
After seeing some pics of the Klein system, I don't like the headers design (at least the ones with cats) as they have the collector separated too far from the entrance to the cats...would like to see their race/cat-less design.
The OPF Pipes I see on that website have some kind of canister/resonator...so another restriction probably to tune the sound and eliminate drone.
Also...from how it reads on the description the 20 hp gain is when you replace cats with the 100 cel ones or race headers over a regular sports (catted) setup with OEM or 200-cell cats....besides correcting the A/F ratios via a flash or COBB.
That is true, but even with the catless headers Cargraphic claim +16 ps more compared to +33 WHP from JCR. And this is no criticism of JCR, from what I've seen the products seem to be of extremely high quality and maybe the different designs can yield different results. I'm no expert in these things, but it seems that all other systems mainly improve sound, while JCR seem to be pretty alone in being able to bring proper noticeable performance upgrade. A full system for the money Carhraphic want, with such negligible performance increase you might as well just replace the final silencer to get some more sound and be done. 10k for 20 bhp is not worth it for me.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:05 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

That is true, but even with the catless headers Cargraphic claim +16 ps more compared to +33 WHP from JCR. And this is no criticism of JCR, from what I've seen the products seem to be of extremely high quality and maybe the different designs can yield different results. I'm no expert in these things, but it seems that all other systems mainly improve sound, while JCR seem to be pretty alone in being able to bring proper noticeable performance upgrade. A full system for the money Carhraphic want, with such negligible performance increase you might as well just replace the final silencer to get some more sound and be done. 10k for 20 bhp is not worth it for me.

The Cargraphics 16 PS are just for the headers alone...nothing else. JCRs header quote is when used with the OPF deletes and Race muffler section.
Different mods have different results when alone or combined.
If you look at JCRs and Cargraphics design they are very similar....I would even say that the Cargraphics are a bit more equal length and any difference in gains between these two manufacturers will be negligible.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:11 PM
acey81
Racer

Originally Posted by jmartpr
The Cargraphics 16 PS are just for the headers alone...nothing else. JCRs header quote is when used with the OPF deletes and Race muffler section.
Different mods have different results when alone or combined.
If you look at JCRs and Cargraphics design they are very similar....I would even say that the Cargraphics are a bit more equal length and any difference in gains between these two manufacturers will be negligible.
Yeah, but if I'm reading the JCR figures correctly, they claim 30+ for the headers alone.
  • Key Features
  • 100% Inconel Construction
  • Direct Replacement for OEM Manifolds
  • -4.77kg (10.52lbs) Weight Reduction vs OEM
  • Improved Sound Quality
  • +33.42WHP & +29.77WTQ (38.43HP/34.23TQ) vs OEM Exhaust Manifolds
And with the entire system mounted:

Our most extreme free flowing system installed on the 718 GT4 / Spyder / GTS 4.0 will see gains up to +52.40WHP & +47.00WTQ (60.26HP/54.05TQ)

Old 11-16-2020, 12:29 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Yeah, but if I'm reading the JCR figures correctly, they claim 30+ for the headers alone.
  • Key Features
  • 100% Inconel Construction
  • Direct Replacement for OEM Manifolds
  • -4.77kg (10.52lbs) Weight Reduction vs OEM
  • Improved Sound Quality
  • +33.42WHP & +29.77WTQ (38.43HP/34.23TQ) vs OEM Exhaust Manifolds
And with the entire system mounted:

Our most extreme free flowing system installed on the 718 GT4 / Spyder / GTS 4.0 will see gains up to +52.40WHP & +47.00WTQ (60.26HP/54.05TQ)
This is from another of their thread:

Another interesting comparison below..

JCR TITANIUM SILENCED VALVED RACE PIPE & TITANIUM OPF DELETE - 380.26WHP/292.10WTQ (437.29HP/335.91TQ)
JCR TITANIUM SILENCED VALVED RACE PIPE / JCR TITANIUM OPF DELETE / JCR INCONEL RACE MANIFOLDS - 413.68WHP/321.87WTQ (475.28HP/370.15TQ)

DELTA - +33.42WHP & +29.77WTQ (38.43HP/34.23TQ)

It's 33 Hp when used with their OPF and rear muffler section...and to be honest, 33 hp from just a header swap in a N/A engine is extremely optimistic, specially without a Tune.
When you looks at their design, tube diameters, etc and compared them to Cargraphics their is no way one will make almost double from the other...unless Inconel magically adds 15 h at the wheels
Also, the number Cargraphics is giving could be an estimate as I have never seen a dyno from them.
But don't worry, give it some time and dynos will pop up in RL once people start modding their vehicles and testing on the dyno....same happened witht he 981 GT4.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:57 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

The pricing is pretty competitive but there doesn't seem to be any published audio so without knowing how it sounds I'd have to pass. Maybe the US supplier has installed some and have taken some videos?
Old 11-16-2020, 04:37 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Thanks for sharing Itfl09. The OPF-delete sounds interesting. It has a silencer to tune out droning No other vendor has that design, That's very promising. It could also explain why every setup, so far, seems to have some level of droning with GPF/OPD-delete + Slip-on exhaust. Now we need some audio clips!
Old 11-16-2020, 10:30 PM
808c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 461 Likes on 188 Posts

I had a Kline FBO Inconel exhaust system in my TTS and it did sound very nice and GT3-ish from 5k onwards. If anything, based on my experience, the Inconel will sound phenomenal on a N/A engine, similar to their 991 N/A Carrera. You can extrapolate this to the Spyder, I believe. It's the Inconel material that gives it a slightly higher pitch sound that's reminiscent of the GT3 sound.

I too am not sure about the HP claims from all these vendors, but going a bit off topic here; what's everyone's take on Dundon Motorsports exhaust system? Looks pretty good and their approach is quite different from the other vendors. Claimed a 30 hp increase without changing the mufflers, which I think is quite interesting as I believe the OEM mufflers with its flat bottom may aid in the air flow of the car, thus would be nice to keep that.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:50 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

That's not a bad price for an Inconel exhaust that retains the valves and the tips are included to boot! Cheaper than the Akrapovic, but the Akrapovic titanium link pipes are a better value than the Kline link pipes.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:19 AM
ltfl09
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 88 Posts

Anyone want to take a dive?? haha
Old 11-17-2020, 12:58 AM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Just looked up some footage in YouTube: loved every single sound clips! Even 911 Turbos sound good! However, most of the cars had other mods done as well. So, tricky to isolate just the exhaust variable. In the case of 982 with OPF/GPF-delete and slip-on configuration, difficult to know. But, having a silencer in OPF-delete is a game changer, in terms of drone-elimination. They emphasize little to no drone in cruising. I think Kline is fast becoming my new favorite!
Old 11-17-2020, 03:04 AM
ForeverCar
Burning Brakes

Received 454 Likes on 199 Posts

The Kline Innovation full system looks great!
SupremePower (04-20-2023)
Old 11-17-2020, 07:47 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 748 Likes on 440 Posts

I will be posting sound clips of the full inconel version with @K-Nut in Dec. Full video vs stock car March.
SupremePower (04-20-2023)

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust