Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 08:32 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,619 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Nut
I have Kline inconel full exhaust with 200 cell cats , and just exhaust and BMC filters improved 100-200 km/h almost a second . Much better response and overall much better performance.
The 300 cell cat probably makes the biggest difference though.
Old 01-12-2022, 08:53 PM
K-Nut
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 199 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by TRZ06
The 300 cell cat probably makes the biggest difference though.
Kline makes cat less, 100 and 200 cell
I believe stock is 800 cell
The following users liked this post:
dnimi123 (01-14-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 10:00 PM
NiteCrawlr
Racer

Received 280 Likes on 127 Posts

You feel any power increases, or just sound?
I have the 200 cell as well now (+ exhaust and oap all Kline inconel) for a few thousand miles and I am really starting to feel a difference. Noticeable improvement. Would be hard going back from a sound and power perspective. Highly recommended.
The following 2 users liked this post by NiteCrawlr:
dnimi123 (01-14-2022), K-Nut (01-12-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 04:37 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,760 Likes on 692 Posts

I already installed the previous Kline valve controller so I'll wait until I get the new package with some additional instructions before deciding if I DIY or get some help. Along those lines...

I'm going to install the Kline setup myself...making it a family affair actually. I'm very far from a pro mechanic but as I said, I managed to do the controller install easily enough. I've seen a few exhaust install videos and the Febspeed video seems to be the most detailed, talking about torque specs, etc.

If you are aware of any other great exhaust install videos where they talk specifics, more than just show you a video montage, I would appreciate any links you have. I've googled and found what I can and it seems pretty straight forward. Any other tips for the Kline setup specifically would be appreciated. Given how popular this exhaust is, I'm surprised there isn't a video out there already. Thanks!

Last edited by Jeff Jones; 01-13-2022 at 04:39 PM.
2XIPA (01-13-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 09:30 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,760 Likes on 692 Posts

Another question for anyone that has the Kline valve controller. How is it supposed to work?

I was expecting valves open all the time regardless of PSE button state when the Kline button is blue. Totally overriding PSE. If that is the case, mine isn’t working.

I was testing it out and my PSE button still opens the valves as expected. I can hear the valves open/close and I can hear the exhaust note change. The Kline button seems to do nothing at idle. It does not cause the valves to open or close when activated.

PSE off and the Kline button doesn’t seem to do anything to the valves or exhaust note. On or off is identical.

Perhaps PSE needs to be on AND the Kline button needs to be on for it to keep the valves open? I’m not sure I tested that state as well as I should have but I didn’t think I heard a big difference.

Any help to clarify how it should be working is appreciated. It could be user error on my side or I guess there is a chance mine just doesn’t work.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 01-13-2022, 10:28 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

If you fellas are interested, I have a brand new complete Kline exhaust for sale (less headers).

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1283623
flynlo (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 10:47 AM
ttcbj
Rennlist Member

Received 264 Likes on 120 Posts
Default Heat Shielding

So, based on the review below, I am very interested in buying a Kline exhaust. I would like exactly what he says he got -- not super loud, but more harmonic/mixed sound. I already have the valve controller as he recommends. However, I had looked into doing OAP's before, and I was pretty committed to one with heat shielding like the OEM part. For people who have purchased the Kline, what are you doing (or not) about heat shielding on the OAP part? Has anyone wrapped it in exhaust tape? I read at one point that is more effective than something like a JetHot coating.

Any thoughts/rationalizations appreciated. I'd really like to buy this exhaust, but I'm gun-shy due to the lack of heat shielding.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:53 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by ttcbj
So, based on the review below, I am very interested in buying a Kline exhaust. I would like exactly what he says he got -- not super loud, but more harmonic/mixed sound. I already have the valve controller as he recommends. However, I had looked into doing OAP's before, and I was pretty committed to one with heat shielding like the OEM part. For people who have purchased the Kline, what are you doing (or not) about heat shielding on the OAP part? Has anyone wrapped it in exhaust tape? I read at one point that is more effective than something like a JetHot coating.

Any thoughts/rationalizations appreciated. I'd really like to buy this exhaust, but I'm gun-shy due to the lack of heat shielding.
Kline does offer optional heat shield. We have not sold it with it yet as they say it runs cooler than the stock w filter in place but if you wanted you could add the shield. Please PM or email sales@supremepower.com and we can help you out.

Thank you!

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 01-14-2022, 01:11 PM
ttcbj
Rennlist Member

Received 264 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremePower
Kline does offer optional heat shield. We have not sold it with it yet as they say it runs cooler than the stock w filter in place but if you wanted you could add the shield. Please PM or email sales@supremepower.com and we can help you out.
Thanks, just emailed.
Old 01-14-2022, 03:31 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
Another question for anyone that has the Kline valve controller. How is it supposed to work?

I was expecting valves open all the time regardless of PSE button state when the Kline button is blue. Totally overriding PSE. If that is the case, mine isn’t working.

I was testing it out and my PSE button still opens the valves as expected. I can hear the valves open/close and I can hear the exhaust note change. The Kline button seems to do nothing at idle. It does not cause the valves to open or close when activated.

PSE off and the Kline button doesn’t seem to do anything to the valves or exhaust note. On or off is identical.

Perhaps PSE needs to be on AND the Kline button needs to be on for it to keep the valves open? I’m not sure I tested that state as well as I should have but I didn’t think I heard a big difference.

Any help to clarify how it should be working is appreciated. It could be user error on my side or I guess there is a chance mine just doesn’t work.

Thanks,
Jeff
I thought it was just me. But unfortunately I'm experiencing the same problem. I also tried to see if there was a difference going up a hill to load the motor a little but no change. I bought some grub screws that I hope to try later this weekend to see if there's a difference.
Old 01-14-2022, 03:46 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by ttcbj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnab...IGErt&index=14

Kit has stainless steel and OEM manifolds/headers. That is the route I went and I am 100% satisfied. It is perfect as it relates to sound quality and quantity. I will be honest as many others have said. I am not sure there is a need for a valve controller other than plugging the vacuum lines and leaving the valves open all the time. It is perfectly civilized during "normal" driving. And it still does provide some satisfaction even in those instances with a little growl and some burbles. But in no way loud. Once you hit the throttle, it is loud and sounds amazing. The beauty of it is that there is absolutely zero drone. Kline hit a home run with this system giving you what you want without drone. Most other combinations have drone...some of them a LOT. Luckily Kline decided to attack this as an entire system and not just piece by piece. I think that is where the advantage goes to Kline. I am under the impression that JCR has excellent sound with just the muffler section alone but also most complaints are that it is not loud enough. Anyway, I think I have posted on this and many other threads the same thing I am posting now. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing(except maybe the VC). My tune might change about the VC if on a long trip....it is ever so slightly louder at highway speeds and any reduction in noise in these things is a plus on longer trips. These cars are inherently noisy(I am Spyder).
Old 01-14-2022, 03:58 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,361 Likes on 2,200 Posts

Originally Posted by flynlo
Kit has stainless steel and OEM manifolds/headers. That is the route I went and I am 100% satisfied. It is perfect as it relates to sound quality and quantity. I will be honest as many others have said. I am not sure there is a need for a valve controller other than plugging the vacuum lines and leaving the valves open all the time. It is perfectly civilized during "normal" driving. And it still does provide some satisfaction even in those instances with a little growl and some burbles. But in no way loud. Once you hit the throttle, it is loud and sounds amazing. The beauty of it is that there is absolutely zero drone. Kline hit a home run with this system giving you what you want without drone. Most other combinations have drone...some of them a LOT. Luckily Kline decided to attack this as an entire system and not just piece by piece. I think that is where the advantage goes to Kline. I am under the impression that JCR has excellent sound with just the muffler section alone but also most complaints are that it is not loud enough. Anyway, I think I have posted on this and many other threads the same thing I am posting now. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing(except maybe the VC). My tune might change about the VC if on a long trip....it is ever so slightly louder at highway speeds and any reduction in noise in these things is a plus on longer trips. These cars are inherently noisy(I am Spyder).
The problem with drone is that we all hear it differently, Kit reports it in his follow up video (spyder).
Old 01-14-2022, 04:16 PM
brades
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I've been running the Kline Inconel exhaust w/o headers for about a week now on my CGTS4.0. For me, I still hear a bit of drone, about the same as stock but it doesn't seem to be as boomy. I haven't done the SS delete and I don't plan on doing it. It's not obnoxiously loud with the valves open cruising around town. I haven't really been able to get in the higher rpm range yet due to engine break-in but this new exhaust has caused me to go a bit past 4k rpm a few times... and it's friggin glorious. Downshifts sound so much better now as well... very exotic sounding. I'm very happy with it.

Last edited by brades; 01-14-2022 at 04:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by brades:
Spyder Bite (01-14-2022), UncleDude (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 04:24 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 672 Posts

If you get the full system with headers the drone is entirely gone... but its louder.... Driving with the valves closed is much better below the 4k level when they open. Open 100% of the time with the 200 cell headers is just loud!
Old 01-14-2022, 04:26 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 672 Posts

You feel any power increases, or just sound?
Sound and power! I have opted for the kline inconel with 200cel cats and a ECU tune. The car is super fast now and sounds beautiful. Probably at about 460hp and about 100pounds weight savings with exhaust and AG battery
SupremePower (01-14-2022)

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust