Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 06:13 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Received 501 Likes on 164 Posts

I ended up going with the SS rear section only as I wanted it to be relatively quiet. Ordered from By Design. Sam was a pleasure to work with. @SamboTT@ByDesign
Old 11-29-2021, 06:18 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickxAC
I ended up going with the SS rear section only as I wanted it to be relatively quiet. Ordered from By Design. Sam was a pleasure to work with. @SamboTT@ByDesign
I don't mean to get picky. But with Kline you have to do rear section AND OAPs....as their OAPs are proprietary to the rear section.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:23 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 815 Posts

Better ring Sambo up ... going to need the OAP w it since they are not modular to work w the OE OAP....perhaps Cargraphic Xpipe rear section or an Akrapovic rear section would suit what you are after a little better.

Recently posted from a customer the Kline system complete in its beauty:

Originally Posted by flynlo
I don't mean to get picky. But with Kline you have to do rear section AND OAPs....as their OAPs are proprietary to the rear section.
Was JUST going to say the same! Would have been awful to wait and then find out it wont work

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Last edited by SupremePower; 11-29-2021 at 06:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SlickxAC (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 06:30 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SupremePower
Better ring Sambo up ... going to need the OAP w it since they are not modular to work w the OE OAP....perhaps Cargraphic Xpipe rear section or an Akrapovic rear section would suit what you are after a little better.

Recently posted from a customer the Kline system complete in its beauty:

Was JUST going to say the same! Would have been awful to wait and then find out it wont work
thanks for the info! I will contact him.
SupremePower (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 09:26 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 672 Posts

thanks for the info! I will contact him.
Kinda surprised Sam would order this for a GT4 customer at all. I contacted him earlier in the year and said he only likes to work on Turbos and higher end Pcars. I found that to be a bit off putting, plus his pricing was almost at retail....
Old 11-29-2021, 09:27 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Kline will fix this on their own as they should know not to just sell the rear by itself...
Old 11-29-2021, 09:36 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dnimi123
Kinda surprised Sam would order this for a GT4 customer at all. I contacted him earlier in the year and said he only likes to work on Turbos and higher end Pcars. I found that to be a bit off putting, plus his pricing was almost at retail....
That is weird. When I talked to Sam, he did not give me any attitude or anything. The pricing was good and he was recommended to me by another PCar owner who bought his Kline for his spyder. I have already talked to Sam and he is already on the situation.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:14 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

That is weird. When I talked to Sam, he did not give me any attitude or anything. The pricing was good and he was recommended to me by another PCar owner who bought his Kline for his spyder. I have already talked to Sam and he is already on the situation.
Maybe he was under pressure from Covid at the time. Fairly certain his pricing is high with long wait times. In any event you should be very happy with Kline especially in inconel as the sound is amazing! Enjoy!
Old 11-30-2021, 11:32 AM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 958 Likes on 584 Posts

Hi guys, hey Slick!

Thank you for the kind words. It’s been a pleasure working with you and I do apologize for the oversight regarding the OAP pipes. We’ve done several of these but never without them so I wasn’t aware about the requirement and the price list didn’t reflect it. Spoke with the guys early this morning and we will get you taken care of I sent you an email

David, I do apologize if you got the wrong impression after speaking with me but that’s not at all how I feel. I don’t know if you misunderstood. We are in fact Kline’s largest dealer by far worldwide and are great friends with them. We love and support the product for any model. Yes, we do have a niche and specialize in the turbo cars but I would never use a term like “higher end”. In fact the GT4 is quite an amazing vehicle you guys are enjoying and I love it! One thing we don’t get mixed up in this aggressive price matching. We pride ourselves on our customer service which is expressed on here often and have been proud to grow along side Kline for years. We’ve been carrying this product since it got off the ground. The Kline team have passion for what they do and stand behind their guys no other. If I can ever make up for the misunderstanding I would be happy to. No excuse for a client or fellow Porsche enthusiast feeling that way, so again my apologies. I’ll try to find our conversations and clarify it for myself as well

it has been pretty busy that’s for sure! All models!
This was yesterday.

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 11-30-2021 at 11:36 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by SamboTT@ByDesign:
dnimi123 (11-30-2021), flynlo (11-30-2021), SlickxAC (11-30-2021), Spyder Bite (11-30-2021), SupremePower (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 01:16 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

^^^^^ Do it people! I got my OAP/Rear in inconel for 6 months now with headers in bound - very excited! There is no better exhaust for the GT4 than Kline and no better place to buy than thru Eric @SupremePower
flynlo (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 02:04 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 120 Posts

Sam has sold me a ton of incredible parts, and that's all fine and well, but the service after the sale has been absolutely incredible. I have no doubt Eric and Supreme is excellent as well, but if there was any issue with Sam's delivery I have absolutely no doubt that it will be solved quickly.
Sam is one of the few in the industry that is absolutely invested in your satisfaction after the sale. My friends in the Turbo modification market have crazy high expectations and it is really hard to find anyone with a bad experience. Most of us are running stages he designed and tunes he built in our 800+ hp cars.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:08 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by Visceral
Sam has sold me a ton of incredible parts, and that's all fine and well, but the service after the sale has been absolutely incredible. I have no doubt Eric and Supreme is excellent as well, but if there was any issue with Sam's delivery I have absolutely no doubt that it will be solved quickly. Sam is one of the few in the industry that is absolutely invested in your satisfaction after the sale. My friends in the Turbo modification market have crazy high expectations and it is really hard to find anyone with a bad experience. Most of us are running stages he designed and tunes he built in our 800+ hp cars.
Sam is for sure without a doubt one of the "good guys" in this interesting aftermarket industry. Love his big power turbo builds and dyno vids on his IG he posts quite frequently.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:22 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremePower
Love his big power turbo builds and dyno vids on his IG he posts quite frequently.
I drove one to work today (in traffic... the ACC is great!)
Old 11-30-2021, 02:30 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Yep, I already talked to Sam. He has already taken care of the situation.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:32 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 958 Likes on 584 Posts

Hey Eric! Hope all is well buddy I’ll send you a message it’s been a while since we chatted.

Guys, there’s always a lot of options out there and sometimes a different fit for different people Eric is definitely one of the good guys he mentioned. I would condone anyone going to him for anything on their car!

Cheers everyone, lines are always open if anybody needs anything!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
flynlo (11-30-2021)

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust