Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2024 | 03:44 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
Let's release it on OnlyFans 😂.
LOL. Best comment ahahahhhh. Cant wait

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 02-27-2024 | 06:26 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thescout13
let us know how you like it
SS Headers installed, paired with the rest of the KLINE system in Inconel.

There wasn’t a single shop technician in the back service bays, or a SA sitting at their desk when they pulled my car into the enclosed service area to hear her fire up. Each claiming it was the best sounding GT4 they have heard to date - I feel like I just took delivery of a 718 GT4 982.2

Let me just say, this is a must have addition to the base OAP+Rear setup. Its sounds rowdy, clean, no rasp, all in a good way; watch a video of a GT3 with an aftermarket rear section and that just about sums it up. Revs pickup quicker in the low end, creating a crisper tone down low (yes, it got even better!). I cant speak for the entire rev range as it started to rain the minute I left the dealership, which sucks, bc I really wanted to ring her out, and test out my new alignment.

Big thanks for the 3rd time in 12 months to Eric & Kim @SupremePower
Lastly, another shoutout to John G. @Soul Performance who took time with me last week at a PCA event to go over the header install in detail. I paid a visit to his shop the next day to scoop some needed hardware, which made me more comfortable knowing the install would go smoothly.
The following users liked this post:
MrFunk (02-28-2024)
Old 02-27-2024 | 06:30 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BoxKing

There wasn’t a single shop technician in the back service bays, or a SA sitting at their desk when they pulled my car into the enclosed service area to hear her fire up. Each claiming it was the best sounding GT4 they have heard to date - I feel like I just took delivery of a 718 GT4 982.2

Let me just say, this is a must have addition to the base OAP+Rear setup. Its sounds rowdy, clean, no rasp, all in a good way; watch a video of a GT3 with an aftermarket rear section and that just about sums it up. Revs pickup quicker in the low end, creating a crisper tone down low (yes, it got even better!). I cant speak for the entire rev range as it started to rain the minute I left the dealership, which sucks, bc I really wanted to ring her out, and test out my new alignment.

Lastly, another shoutout to John G. @Soul Performance who took time with me last week at a PCA event to go over the header install in detail. I paid a visit to his shop the next day to scoop some needed hardware, which made me more comfortable knowing the install would go smoothly.
Wasted no time in the install!!! Nice man. So glad you are enjoying it so far but you 10000% need to put it through the high RPM you are going to be stoked!!

Its definitely the right next move for guys who have the OAP + Rear. Appreciate the kind words and your biz brother!

Please let us know if you need anything at all in the future and hope to hear some vids!! WOOT!
BoxKing (02-27-2024)
Old 02-28-2024 | 08:53 AM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jebbe
Bought the kline SS (no headers) system from Le Petit Garage and just installed in a 718 Spyder. It replaced OAP's w/ open valves and it sounds wonderful. Much more exotic than just the OAP's and less obnoxious at lower RPM's where the OAP's could sound boomy, especially with the valves open. Alex at Le Petit Garage was great to deal with and offered the best prices I could find. All in all a great addition to the car.

Thank you for the kind words, you were a pleasure to interact with and I’m glad you’re enjoying your Exhaust!

Contact me for the best pricing on Quality Parts
- alex@lepetitgarage.us

LePetitGarage.us // @_lepetitgarage on Instagram
Old 02-28-2024 | 10:12 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Some pics of a recent arrival of the Kline GT4 RS inconel OAP + Rear Valvetronic system showing off the shielding workmanship

The following 7 users liked this post by SupremePower:
BlueSpotAutowrks (02-29-2024), fasteddie99 (02-29-2024), josephr25 (02-28-2024), NRAzar (02-28-2024), RoadrunnerGTS (02-28-2024), ScottRich (02-28-2024), silverscooby27 (02-29-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-28-2024 | 01:42 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

I already have an exhaust and I want that LOL.
SupremePower (02-28-2024)
Old 03-03-2024 | 01:02 AM
Menez1812
Rennlist Member

Just received and installed my Kline inconel exhaust on my 718 Spyder the other day. Big thanks to Eric at SupremePower for helping me out.

Sounds absolutely amazing! Finally sounds like a 6 cyl from the outside, smoother tone, higher pitched, and louder with the valves open. I was worried about more drone, as my ears were sensitive to even the stock exhaust with the Soul valve controller forced open. But the Kline actually has even less of this than stock. I think there is something with the resonance of the stock exhaust that is unpleasant with the valves open at cruising highway speeds (and I've already disabled the sound symposer too). With the Kline, I can actually hear my music when cruising, and then it wakes up when I decide to downshift and pass someone. With the valves closed, the Kline is very composed, good for early morning driving when I'm trying not to wake the neighbors.

Everyone at the shop who installed it said they couldn't get over how good the Kline sounds. Even brought it back to my Porsche dealer after install and they agree that all of their GT4/Spyder customers should get the Kline haha!

Loving this setup and would fully recommend reaching out to Eric if you are interested.
The following 9 users liked this post by Menez1812:
BoxKing (03-03-2024), fasteddie99 (03-03-2024), Jeff Jones (03-03-2024), JPMD (03-03-2024), LooseNut (03-03-2024), MrFunk (03-03-2024), SupremePower (03-03-2024), TRSCobra (03-03-2024), UncleDude (03-03-2024) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-03-2024 | 12:51 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Menez1812
Just received and installed my Kline inconel exhaust on my 718 Spyder the other day. Big thanks to Eric at SupremePower for helping me out.

Sounds absolutely amazing! Finally sounds like a 6 cyl from the outside, smoother tone, higher pitched, and louder with the valves open. I was worried about more drone, as my ears were sensitive to even the stock exhaust with the Soul valve controller forced open. But the Kline actually has even less of this than stock. I think there is something with the resonance of the stock exhaust that is unpleasant with the valves open at cruising highway speeds (and I've already disabled the sound symposer too). With the Kline, I can actually hear my music when cruising, and then it wakes up when I decide to downshift and pass someone. With the valves closed, the Kline is very composed, good for early morning driving when I'm trying not to wake the neighbors.

Everyone at the shop who installed it said they couldn't get over how good the Kline sounds. Even brought it back to my Porsche dealer after install and they agree that all of their GT4/Spyder customers should get the Kline haha!

Loving this setup and would fully recommend reaching out to Eric if you are interested.
Thank you for the kind words, very much appreciated. It never gets old reading the reactions and you guys getting excited!! Happy Motoring this Sunday!!
Old 03-13-2024 | 03:20 PM
LooseNut
Rennlist Member

Default Kline Inconel Exhaust for sale -used

Kline inconel exhaust for sale at link below. This is a great exhaust in excellent condition.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1402331

I liked this one so much that I bought another Kline system except made from stainless steel, for a change.

macrs (03-13-2024)
Old 03-13-2024 | 04:11 PM
macrs
Intermediate

May I ask why you're switching from Inconel to SS?
Old 03-13-2024 | 04:20 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Originally Posted by BoxKing

did you get catted or catless headers?

Old 03-13-2024 | 06:28 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyder Bite
did you get catted or catless headers?

SS 200 Cell. No shot did I want to go down the PA State Emissions road again when it comes to tuning a car (Possible Warranty issues) to remove cell codes, and or swapping back and forth between OEM/Race Headers each year. I wanted a little more out of my Inconel system, and the 200 Cell headers did just that.

Cold start is quieter, normal cruising tone/pitch is roughly the same, WOT is roughly 10-15% louder (not obnoxious), IMO its an overall cleaner sounding system. The car also has more low end power response, which to me makes getting through the long gears of the 6MT more tolerable, bc you get up to 8K quicker.

Its rare to run into another 718 owner (or 911) that has any exhaust mods around my way, not even OAPs, and even rarer to find someone with header back setups. I had a couple conversations with other owners of Kline systems with headers, along with another extensive convo with Eric @SupremePower and all I heard was positive feedback, and the kind that made my choice to go this route an easy one. It was the 10-15% increase in overall tone, even less drone (standard system does have a little), cleaner pitch all around, and a slight boost in HP - all without needing a tune.

I have a few rolling highway videos that I can upload to my IG if need be. Only reason why I haven’t is due to the poor quality (crappy old iPhone form the other car), as it doesn’t do the sound any justice. It’s truly something you need to hear in person - or wait a little longer bc I have an itch to get some quality footage.

Last edited by BoxKing; 03-14-2024 at 02:49 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by BoxKing:
604GT4 (03-14-2024), Menez1812 (03-14-2024), revcon (03-14-2024), Spyder Bite (03-14-2024), SupremePower (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024 | 11:25 AM
LooseNut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by macrs
May I ask why you're switching from Inconel to SS?
Macrs,
The Inconel system did not have heat shielding on the OAPs. There hasn't been any problems because of that but I started looking into ways to add heat shields.
I could have sent mine back to Kline and they would add the shielding. This would have included multiple trips to a shop, extra labor and shipping cost. I decided to buy a stainless steel system with OAP heat shields, requiring only one removal and install at the shop. Although the Inconel sounds incredible I was curious if the SS will be different and this gave me the chance to find out. SS is heavier than Inconel but still lighter than OEM. I haven't been able to drive my car with the SS system yet but I hope to soon.

The following 3 users liked this post by LooseNut:
lowbee (03-14-2024), macrs (03-14-2024), pinion (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024 | 12:27 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

^^ You may become the expert in the difference between the SS and Inconel system! There's been a ton of questions about the difference in sound...
LooseNut (03-14-2024)
Old 03-17-2024 | 04:25 PM
coldfire
Rennlist Member

Maybe I missed this, but does anyone have experience yet with Kline's GT4 RS system? Seems like they sell one now
https://www.kline-innovation.com/exh...che-718-gt4rs/

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust