Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 09:55 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by dnimi123
Hi Eric. DO you have the inconel headers in stock? That might make for a tempting pre xmas spontaneous purchase
I might be able to get you a set for the holidays! Shoot me a msg David. Ill see what we can do to expedite for you

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

The following users liked this post:
dnimi123 (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 10:15 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Illusive991
I weighed it during the installation: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkSyO-FaBv/
Whoa exactly what I've been looking for, thx!
My shipment came in late in the day and I installed w/o weighing them.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:20 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 214 Posts

Oh special thanks to Eric for making it happen for me. Also a big shout out to Kim at SupremePower. I couldn't be happier - thx guys. So stoked for my inconel VC to arrive - hopefully soon.
dnimi123 (11-03-2021)
Old 11-07-2021, 01:35 PM
snrubel
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 19 Posts

To those of you who have the Kline OAP and rear section, please comment on any additional drone vs stock. And your detailed impressions in all modes is also appreciated!

And have any of you heard the difference in Iconel vs SS to comment on whether there is any material difference in sound?

@SupremePower - do you have the SS in stock?
Old 11-07-2021, 02:02 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by snrubel
To those of you who have the Kline OAP and rear section, please comment on any additional drone vs stock. And your detailed impressions in all modes is also appreciated!

And have any of you heard the difference in Iconel vs SS to comment on whether there is any material difference in sound?

Inconel in stock
Stainless about 7-9 weeks out right now

Please shoot an email over to sales@supremepower.com and we can get you set up 🙌🏽

Old 11-08-2021, 09:29 AM
rzspyder
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 59 Posts

I have the Inconel version. After installation I could hear a minor drone around 2K rpm. But now after a couple hundred miles on the system it’s pretty much gone with or without valves open. Or maybe I got used to it? But I can even keep the valves open all the time and drive around town and I don’t hear any drone.

I have heard the SS version too. The Inconel version is higher pitched.
Old 11-08-2021, 04:13 PM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 1,114 Likes on 430 Posts

Less drone than stock. ZERO drone at 2K RPM for me in a Cayman GTS 4.0 (Inconel). No noticeable drone anywhere else, a little bit of extra bass in the tone at 3K up to 3800, but nothing I would call drone. This is with Valves Closed, or Valves Open. Unfortunately it was a little too loud and intense for me above 5100 RPM for a bad left ear issue I have. So I didn't keep it, despite it being the very best Exhaust + OAP solution I have heard at eliminating that dreaded lower RPM drone.

My friend installed it on his GT4, and it sounds even better than on my CGTS 4.0! Just went for a spin in it yesterday. It was killer! Also pretty much drone free in his car.

(And Eric at Supreme Power is awesome to work with!)
Old 11-08-2021, 04:28 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 672 Posts

still some drone but less than stock. Sound at regular driving is about as loud... but the tone and quality is much better all along the curve! Get it you wont regret it!
Old 11-09-2021, 08:27 PM
snrubel
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 19 Posts

Does anyone know what is going on inside the Kline muffler when the valves are closed? Is it baffled, cross-piped, perforated, etc?

And regardless of the answer to the above question, does the Kline sound noticeably better than stock both inside and outside when the valves are CLOSED?
Old 11-18-2021, 01:03 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by IL_Pete
Less drone than stock. ZERO drone at 2K RPM for me in a Cayman GTS 4.0 (Inconel). No noticeable drone anywhere else, a little bit of extra bass in the tone at 3K up to 3800, but nothing I would call drone. This is with Valves Closed, or Valves Open. Unfortunately it was a little too loud and intense for me above 5100 RPM for a bad left ear issue I have. So I didn't keep it, despite it being the very best Exhaust + OAP solution I have heard at eliminating that dreaded lower RPM drone.

My friend installed it on his GT4, and it sounds even better than on my CGTS 4.0! Just went for a spin in it yesterday. It was killer! Also pretty much drone free in his car.

(And Eric at Supreme Power is awesome to work with!)
Glad you are enjoying it!!

​​​​​​​Thank you for the kind words!! 🙏🏻
Old 11-24-2021, 07:20 AM
stmblaster
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello everyone,

My car is going to be delivered at the end of March/start of April (unless of course some other delays are going to show up). I am interested in the full Kline exhaust made of inconel (manifolds+oap+silencer). I have a few concerns that maybe you could help me with:

- I would like something similar/slightly louder compared to stock, with the valves closed (I want to be able to listen to music while stationary / low speed situations 30-50 mph and maybe highway cruising at 80mph).
- I want to be able to drive around town at night without disturbing everyone but also enjoy a nice song on the backroads when I open the valves;
- No drone is very important, with the valves closed, but from what I read here and what I spoke with Kline over the phone, there is no drone with valves closed;

- What I am sonically used to is a BMW M3 E93 V8 with M Performance Exhaust (no valves, both cats on) which I consider to sound natural and am searching for the same natural sound out of the 718 Spyder. Low end of RPM (<4000) is quite silent (except for cold start) and can blend into traffic but once you get to higher revs it is a beautiful song. I also drove a 992 Targa 4S for a few weeks (with PSE) and found it to be unsatisfactory;
- What I found to be extremely pleasing to me sonically was the 458 Italia Spider and I generally do not prefer the AMG sound (too brutal?). Turbo engines usually don't sing to me.

- I am from the EU and I need to remap the ECU for the OPF delete. Is this safe to do and can it be reversed for warranty? I am not interested in any other ECU remap feature (like power/torque or whatever).

- If you recommend any other exhaust that would fit better I am all ears even though Kline is the easiest for me to have installed from a convenience pov.

Last edited by stmblaster; 11-24-2021 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:19 PM
jcmer22
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by stmblaster
Hello everyone,

My car is going to be delivered at the end of March/start of April (unless of course some other delays are going to show up). I am interested in the full Kline exhaust made of inconel (manifolds+oap+silencer). I have a few concerns that maybe you could help me with:

- I would like something similar/slightly louder compared to stock, with the valves closed (I want to be able to listen to music while stationary / low speed situations 30-50 mph and maybe highway cruising at 80mph).
- I want to be able to drive around town at night without disturbing everyone but also enjoy a nice song on the backroads when I open the valves;
- No drone is very important, with the valves closed, but from what I read here and what I spoke with Kline over the phone, there is no drone with valves closed;

- What I am sonically used to is a BMW M3 E93 V8 with M Performance Exhaust (no valves, both cats on) which I consider to sound natural and am searching for the same natural sound out of the 718 Spyder. Low end of RPM (<4000) is quite silent (except for cold start) and can blend into traffic but once you get to higher revs it is a beautiful song. I also drove a 992 Targa 4S for a few weeks (with PSE) and found it to be unsatisfactory;
- What I found to be extremely pleasing to me sonically was the 458 Italia Spider and I generally do not prefer the AMG sound (too brutal?). Turbo engines usually don't sing to me.

- I am from the EU and I need to remap the ECU for the OPF delete. Is this safe to do and can it be reversed for warranty? I am not interested in any other ECU remap feature (like power/torque or whatever).

- If you recommend any other exhaust that would fit better I am all ears even though Kline is the easiest for me to have installed from a convenience pov.
I have the Kline OAP and rear section with factory headers. This system is not very loud IMO. Sounds fantastic and honestly there’s almost zero drone with the valves open. I think I’m quite picky and it’s great. I find on the highway with windows up and valves closed that there is drone. If I open the valves it’s louder but no resonance.

I ordered Fabspeed headers because I want it a little louder and hopefully I can maximize the potential HP gains. You won’t regret it.
dnimi123 (11-28-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 05:34 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hit us up for Black Friday info!!

PM or drop us an email: sales@supremepower.com

We also JUST received word that Dec 1 2021 there is a price increase on all KLINE products.

Last edited by SupremePower; 11-26-2021 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-26-2021, 12:00 AM
incursion
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Does anyone in Houston have this exhaust and/or headers? I'd really appreciate it if I could hear it this weekend before pulling the trigger.
Old 11-26-2021, 01:48 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 672 Posts

Drone is still there and whoever says its not is fooling themselves.... There isnt any system for the GT4 that will eliminate the drone.... its a design flaw with the dual exhaust, OAP and cabin size...

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust