Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021 | 01:16 PM
afisherunc
Instructor

Quick clip my friend took of the Kline Inconel system (OAP + rear) on the GT4, to redline.

View this post on Instagram
The following users liked this post:
josephr25 (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021 | 04:14 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by afisherunc
Quick clip my friend took of the Kline Inconel system (OAP + rear) on the GT4, to redline.

Video

That does sound bad ***. In addition to the Kline, I just LOVE listening to the PDK banging out shifts. I am SO a PDK guy.
The following 2 users liked this post by TRZ06:
jcmer22 (10-14-2021), kitwetzler (10-16-2021)
Old 10-14-2021 | 06:25 PM
afisherunc
Instructor

Originally Posted by TRZ06
That does sound bad ***. In addition to the Kline, I just LOVE listening to the PDK banging out shifts. I am SO a PDK guy.
I definitely agree. The feeling you get from shifting a PDK may not be as "connected" to the car as a manual, but the feels you get from the PDK shifts are definitely special in their own right.
The following 3 users liked this post by afisherunc:
flynlo (10-21-2021), jcmer22 (10-14-2021), kitwetzler (10-16-2021)
Old 10-16-2021 | 02:16 PM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Hi guys!

I just had a new Kline Inconel system installed on my Cayman GTS 4.0 this past Wednesday. See my review here at this link below, buried in at the end of a comparison thread that started out comparing Soul OAPs plus a Valve Controller with the stock exhaust to the JCR Exhaust with and without OPF delete, with also the Sound Symposer delete done at the time of the JCR install. And then towards the end of the thread I move on to the Kline Inconel review and comparison.

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...ispreloading=1

Thanks @kitwetzler for your great YouTube reviews, that was a key contributor to me deciding to give the Kline System a try. Thanks for all the great reviews and links to videos from everyone here on this thread as well. Lastly thanks to Eric at @SupremePower , for having the system in stock to allow for a quick impulse buy, and for the great customer service to rush the satin black coating for the exhaust tips to get in in time for my install. They look terrific!

This is a really great exhaust upgrade, and I am totally amazed that for me there is zero drone around 2,000 rpm, even with the valves open with the valve controller. ZERO! (It may help that I have the SS Delete.) Also great tones all around, along with very stealthily operation with valves closed.

Hats off to the Kline team, well done!
The following 2 users liked this post by IL_Pete:
electron mike (10-16-2021), kitwetzler (10-16-2021)
Old 10-20-2021 | 05:40 PM
sonystyle02
Advanced

My had my full Kline SS system installed (rear+OAPs+headers). No fly by videos yet but will upload some soon.

I originally had the OAPs + rear installed and while the tone was great and smooth sounding, it was a bit quiet for my personal tastes (though my valves we still under stock operation). Now with the headers + vacuum lines disconnected... man... this girl screams. Idle and low RPMs is still relatively quiet but higher RPM ranges/WOT will definitely wake you up and everyone around you. I do feel the tone changed a bit and there's a bit of rawness in the sound now (expected with the headers / catless). Granted, everyone's volume tolerance differs and my experience is the 15mi drive home so I'll have to report any updates once I get more miles on her.

View this post on Instagram

Jeff Jones (10-20-2021)
Old 10-21-2021 | 02:04 PM
krotondo
Advanced

Originally Posted by afisherunc
Went for a quick drive last week and took a phone video from my dash. Nothing special but the more Kline content the better, right?

My car is not broken in yet, but I am close, so I got to about 7k RPM when using the on ramp. Otherwise, what you hear is generally between 3.5-5.5k RPM. Windows are down until I go under the bridge.

https://youtu.be/0xaabsqDFuE
Great video & great representation of the sound - Hoping you make more inside & outside!
Old 10-22-2021 | 05:11 PM
NiteCrawlr
Racer

WOW

I just got my car back with 200 cel headers installed. I didn’t think there would be much of a difference but I am amazed. I no longer have any second thoughts. Car sounds more pronounced but also deeper and fuller at low RPMs. The RPMs sound about 500-1000 revs higher as compared to just the oap + rear (so 4,000 now starts to sounds like how 5,000 sounded with just oap + rear). The high pitch howl is still there and even more pronounced when it kicks in. I wasn’t able to get up to redline unfortunately due to so much traffic. Cruising around the city is more enjoyable as the tone is better down low. Still not too loud or overbearing even with valves open which I like for the best quality of sound.

If anyone is ordering the oap + rear now and is on the fence about headers I would say just get them with the rest of the exhaust. It will save you 2 trips to get them installed and the extra labor for installation. I really think this is how Kline meant for the system to be and to sound.

Performance gains again are incrementaly increased and noticeable just like with the rear/oap, but not exponentially increased. The sound, however, is now otherworldly.

Thanks again to Eric at SupremePower for a great price and quick turnaround. Took less than half of the lead time expected.

964C4 (04-20-2022)
Old 10-23-2021 | 01:40 AM
Cazten
Advanced

Originally Posted by NiteCrawlr
WOW

I just got my car back with 200 cel headers installed. I didn’t think there would be much of a difference but I am amazed. I no longer have any second thoughts. Car sounds more pronounced but also deeper and fuller at low RPMs. The RPMs sound about 500-1000 revs higher as compared to just the oap + rear (so 4,000 now starts to sounds like how 5,000 sounded with just oap + rear). The high pitch howl is still there and even more pronounced when it kicks in. I wasn’t able to get up to redline unfortunately due to so much traffic. Cruising around the city is more enjoyable as the tone is better down low. Still not too loud or overbearing even with valves open which I like for the best quality of sound.

If anyone is ordering the oap + rear now and is on the fence about headers I would say just get them with the rest of the exhaust. It will save you 2 trips to get them installed and the extra labor for installation. I really think this is how Kline meant for the system to be and to sound.

Performance gains again are incrementaly increased and noticeable just like with the rear/oap, but not exponentially increased. The sound, however, is now otherworldly.

Thanks again to Eric at SupremePower for a great price and quick turnaround. Took less than half of the lead time expected.
Is it significantly louder? Im on the fence with headers for this reason.
Old 10-23-2021 | 01:49 AM
Cazten
Advanced

Just had Kline Inconel OAP + valved exhaust and Inconel button controller installed today. IT'S EPIC! This is always subjective but it's certainly not too loud on the road with valves open. It's noticeable and a dramatic chance over stock.... But stock was a joke. The volume is less obnoxious than 90% of the aftermarket mustangs on the road but sounds unmistakably special. No thoughts on done as I drive top down 100% of the time and it cannot be discerned in open air conditions I think.

Better tone, higher pitch, and you can really hear the mechanicals of the engine through the exhaust now. It sounds more raw and racey at the same time. Probably the single best upgrade you can do for this car.... I'll consider headers in the future for performance but I think the volume is pretty much perfect and I'd be worried about anything dramatically louder which could tip it into obnoxious territory (for me).

IRM (10-23-2021)
Old 10-23-2021 | 02:11 AM
NiteCrawlr
Racer

Originally Posted by Cazten
Is it significantly louder? Im on the fence with headers for this reason.
A little louder maybe but not significantly louder. Maybe 15% louder from 1000-4000 rpm. 5000 and up it is hard to tell because that is loud with the exhaust/oap and loud is just loud. I can tell you the sound is never overbearing and is now always pleasant through all rev ranges.

My main issue with the Kline exhaust/oap before adding headers was the sound at low revs especially aroound ~ 1800 - 3000 which is where you are during cruising or slow street driving. I just didn’t like the tone/pitch for some reason with the windows closed (windows down was better) in the cabin at those rev ranges. I definitely like a higher pitch in general, but I just didn’t find it very pleasant. I actually prefered stock at lower rev ranges even though stock was near silent. Closing the valves didn’t really help because I still heard some deep bassy remnant of where the exhaust sound was with the valves open. Mid and upper rev ranges I always thought were epic.

With the headers the sound is deeper and fuller, more pronounced, more masculine and more of a growl at lower revs and a bit louder as well. It also builds more progressively into the same scream at mid and high revs. There is still little to no drone with windows up and no drone at all with windows down. I have a GTS with valves open and have not deleted the sound symposer (and I don’t think I am going to either).

All in all I am very pleasantly surprised by the change of sound character with the headers especially at lower revs. I am starting to notice the performance improvement more now as well and that is also an added benefit. I would highly recommend and I think it completes the system.

Last edited by NiteCrawlr; 10-23-2021 at 02:36 AM.
Old 10-23-2021 | 02:31 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

@SupremePower are the kline inconel 200 cell headers in stock, by chance? If not whats the turn around from Transylvania?

Last edited by dnimi123; 10-23-2021 at 02:32 AM.
Old 10-23-2021 | 11:10 AM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

For those they have done the Kline exhaust with or without headers have you felt the need to do the symposer delete?

Old 10-23-2021 | 01:37 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPMD
For those they have done the Kline exhaust with or without headers have you felt the need to do the symposer delete?
Bottom line is yes. Getting rid of that extra crappy sound really helps quiet the cabin down and makes the inside better quality sound. I think if it like this. If you delete the SS (and throw in some dynamat on the engine cover and metal under the carpet and behind the seats) you reduce the sound volume inside by 5 to 10% (which is quite noticeable) and get better mechanical and exhaust sounds. Then if you want to add the 200 headers this will bring back in 10 to 15% volume but at much higher quality. So deleting the SS leaves open the door to headers (at an only 5 to 10% loudness 'penalty') and even without headers gets you a better experience (I dont have the headers... yet!). IMO

Last edited by dnimi123; 10-23-2021 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-24-2021 | 12:15 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JPMD
Just installed my cat back inconel yesterday. No problems with drone. I will likely disconnect the symposer when I install my Kline VC. Just to get rid of any unnatural enhancements.

I really like how the car sounds before the valves open too. You get to hear so much more of the motor. Also neighbor friendly.
Big Belly 711 (12-25-2022)
Old 10-24-2021 | 05:05 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dnimi123
Bottom line is yes. Getting rid of that extra crappy sound really helps quiet the cabin down and makes the inside better quality sound. I think if it like this. If you delete the SS (and throw in some dynamat on the engine cover and metal under the carpet and behind the seats) you reduce the sound volume inside by 5 to 10% (which is quite noticeable) and get better mechanical and exhaust sounds. Then if you want to add the 200 headers this will bring back in 10 to 15% volume but at much higher quality. So deleting the SS leaves open the door to headers (at an only 5 to 10% loudness 'penalty') and even without headers gets you a better experience (I dont have the headers... yet!). IMO
Originally Posted by 2XIPA
Just installed my cat back inconel yesterday. No problems with drone. I will likely disconnect the symposer when I install my Kline VC. Just to get rid of any unnatural enhancements.

I really like how the car sounds before the valves open too. You get to hear so much more of the motor. Also neighbor friendly.
Ty
Seems like Kline is an excellent choice for the 718

dnimi123 (10-24-2021)

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust