Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2024, 04:37 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by coldfire
Maybe I missed this, but does anyone have experience yet with Kline's GT4 RS system? Seems like they sell one now
https://www.kline-innovation.com/exh...che-718-gt4rs/
we have sold some systems and all the customers were ecstatic 🤩

Check out this link

View this post on Instagram

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

The following 4 users liked this post by SupremePower:
BoxKing (03-17-2024), coldfire (03-17-2024), dnimi123 (03-18-2024), UncleDude (03-18-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 06:40 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,361 Likes on 2,200 Posts

I was changing my wheels today. Here’s what the area around the OAP looks like, after 7500 KM with no heat shielding. Mix of driving, and a bit of track time. The exhaust has been on two cars now and has about 18,000 km’s on it.

The following 2 users liked this post by UncleDude:
LooseNut (03-17-2024), SupremePower (03-18-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 06:46 PM
Baptiste1987
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
SS 200 Cell. No shot did I want to go down the PA State Emissions road again when it comes to tuning a car (Possible Warranty issues) to remove cell codes, and or swapping back and forth between OEM/Race Headers each year. I wanted a little more out of my Inconel system, and the 200 Cell headers did just that.

Cold start is quieter, normal cruising tone/pitch is roughly the same, WOT is roughly 10-15% louder (not obnoxious), IMO its an overall cleaner sounding system. The car also has more low end power response, which to me makes getting through the long gears of the 6MT more tolerable, bc you get up to 8K quicker.

Its rare to run into another 718 owner (or 911) that has any exhaust mods around my way, not even OAPs, and even rarer to find someone with header back setups. I had a couple conversations with other owners of Kline systems with headers, along with another extensive convo with Eric @SupremePower and all I heard was positive feedback, and the kind that made my choice to go this route an easy one. It was the 10-15% increase in overall tone, even less drone (standard system does have a little), cleaner pitch all around, and a slight boost in HP - all without needing a tune.

I have a few rolling highway videos that I can upload to my IG if need be. Only reason why I haven’t is due to the poor quality (crappy old iPhone form the other car), as it doesn’t do the sound any justice. It’s truly something you need to hear in person - or wait a little longer bc I have an itch to get some quality footage.

​​​​​​​Cold start is quieter headers versus non-headers?

I currently also have the inconel OAP/rear installed and contemplating about headers.

I see you matched SS headers with inconel OAP/rear. May I ask why you didn't go for inconel to match the rest of the setup?
Was wondering about compatibility and potential advantages about inconel headers (sound, weight etc)

Thank you for your feedback!

Last edited by Baptiste1987; 03-17-2024 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-18-2024, 01:02 AM
Bill_76
Pro

Received 497 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremePower
we have sold some systems and all the customers were ecstatic 🤩

Check out this link

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvlkI...I2YzEzYmMxYg==
Would you please provide some video only cat-back system in stainless and inconel for the GT4 RS/Spyder RS?Thks

Last edited by Bill_76; 03-18-2024 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-18-2024, 10:43 AM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by Baptiste1987
Cold start is quieter headers versus non-headers?

I currently also have the inconel OAP/rear installed and contemplating about headers.

I see you matched SS headers with inconel OAP/rear. May I ask why you didn't go for inconel to match the rest of the setup?
Was wondering about compatibility and potential advantages about inconel headers (sound, weight etc)

Thank you for your feedback!
I start my car in a 12’x20’, rear to the back wall, and cold start is quieter (PSE always open). This was an unexpected, yet welcomed surprise. Blip the throttle to the soft limiter, and you will hear the difference in a good way!

To make a long story short; I originally wanted the Kline SS, but due to a small inventory miscalculation, and the timeline for replenishment, I decided to go with Inconel with next day air delivery (I’m impatient once I have my mind set on something). I’m happy I spent the extra bucks bc now I dont have the “woulda, shoulda, coulda” syndrome of wondering if I should have gone Inconel - is it superior/better… I don’t truly know, or care at this point, but it is lighter. I spoke with a few ppl, including Eric @SupremePower about the differences between SS/Inconel for headers, and the consensus was that the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze when it came to spending more on Inconel Headers. I was also going back and forth between other options like Cargraphics/Soul/Fabspeed - since I was planing on going SS, as it only made sense to look at other viable options. Aside from wanting to mate my system with the same brand, Kline’s offering on headers were ~$1000 less than their competition - truly a no brainer.

Either in SS or Inconel… let me be the one to push you off that ledge, buy with confidence! The upgrade is truly civil until you dont want it to be, and even then, you’re not alerting others miles away that you’re coming around the mountain. Being “too loud” was a concern of mine, and something that bothered me during my 3 month wait… Eric was kind enough to be my therapist, while settling my nerves over the course of this timeframe.

The above IG video of the GT4RS with Kline sounds nearly identical so my current setup, even cold start, no lies!! ​​​​​​​.
The following 2 users liked this post by BoxKing:
CDACH (03-18-2024), dnimi123 (03-18-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 02:18 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 672 Posts

Concur. the kline headers are a must - the whole system works and sounds better with all 3. Drone is reduced.. lower RPM produces a bit more sound.. higher RPM about the same. And then you can get a tune and add some oumph that you can feel and get the HP up to about 460??? (about a 10% bump) with 93 octane and BMC Filters.
The following 2 users liked this post by dnimi123:
BoxKing (03-18-2024), SupremePower (03-18-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 04:27 PM
Baptiste1987
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by BoxKing
I start my car in a 12’x20’, rear to the back wall, and cold start is quieter (PSE always open). This was an unexpected, yet welcomed surprise. Blip the throttle to the soft limiter, and you will hear the difference in a good way!

To make a long story short; I originally wanted the Kline SS, but due to a small inventory miscalculation, and the timeline for replenishment, I decided to go with Inconel with next day air delivery (I’m impatient once I have my mind set on something). I’m happy I spent the extra bucks bc now I dont have the “woulda, shoulda, coulda” syndrome of wondering if I should have gone Inconel - is it superior/better… I don’t truly know, or care at this point, but it is lighter. I spoke with a few ppl, including Eric @SupremePower about the differences between SS/Inconel for headers, and the consensus was that the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze when it came to spending more on Inconel Headers. I was also going back and forth between other options like Cargraphics/Soul/Fabspeed - since I was planing on going SS, as it only made sense to look at other viable options. Aside from wanting to mate my system with the same brand, Kline’s offering on headers were ~$1000 less than their competition - truly a no brainer.

Either in SS or Inconel… let me be the one to push you off that ledge, buy with confidence! The upgrade is truly civil until you dont want it to be, and even then, you’re not alerting others miles away that you’re coming around the mountain. Being “too loud” was a concern of mine, and something that bothered me during my 3 month wait… Eric was kind enough to be my therapist, while settling my nerves over the course of this timeframe.

The above IG video of the GT4RS with Kline sounds nearly identical so my current setup, even cold start, no lies!! .
Thx man, really appreciate the info!

And yeah you kind of tipped me over ;-)
Just hope my cold start won't get quieter though because I like mine loud!

Cheers
Old 03-18-2024, 04:50 PM
Baptiste1987
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by dnimi123
Concur. the kline headers are a must - the whole system works and sounds better with all 3. Drone is reduced.. lower RPM produces a bit more sound.. higher RPM about the same. And then you can get a tune and add some oumph that you can feel and get the HP up to about 460??? (about a 10% bump) with 93 octane and BMC Filters.

Thanks for your reply.

Already have a tune because my dealer told me they have no other choice when installing the Kline OAP/backbox.
This surprised me because people on these forums say the contrary, but I didn't mind as I would've probably asked him to do it anyways.

Higher RPM about the same volume? I thought I read in another post of yours (from a while ago) that it gets pretty loud (and even bonkers ) in the highest RPM
Guess I'm confusing you with some other guy.

Old 03-18-2024, 06:01 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 826 Likes on 441 Posts

Thanks for your reply.

Already have a tune because my dealer told me they have no other choice when installing the Kline OAP/backbox.
This surprised me because people on these forums say the contrary, but I didn't mind as I would've probably asked him to do it anyways.

Higher RPM about the same volume? I thought I read in another post of yours (from a while ago) that it gets pretty loud (and even bonkers ) in the highest RPM
Where are you located? An exhaust does not require an ECU tune. Perhaps you needed coding to get rid of the CEL from removing the OPF filter & sensor (EU car?)
Old 03-18-2024, 06:04 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 460 Posts

Thx man, really appreciate the info!

And yeah you kind of tipped me over ;-)
Just hope my cold start won't get quieter though because I like mine loud!

Cheers
I wouldnt go as far saying it’s muted, just not “louder”, at least not IMO. Listen to the IG video of the cold start of the GT4RS above, it’s very similar.
When I want a little more pop at start up.. I apply 5-10% throttle when I switch on the ignition - this turns heads every time!

With regards to the overall increase in tone/pitch, I feel like it’s approximately 10% across the RPM range. You’d have to go catless headers if you wanted an extreme change.

Cheers back atcha
Old 03-18-2024, 08:44 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 826 Likes on 441 Posts

I need to stop checking in on this thread. Each time it costs me 10k!
The following 6 users liked this post by MrFunk:
2XIPA (03-18-2024), BoxKing (03-18-2024), fasteddie99 (03-19-2024), LooseNut (03-19-2024), SupremePower (03-18-2024), UncleDude (03-18-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-18-2024, 11:40 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 672 Posts

Thanks for your reply.

I might have but generally I had stuck to this - The headers add volume n the lower rev ranges and not much to my ears in the high rev ranges. This is why I got the headers after putting in the OAP/Rear was I was fairly satisfied with the high rev sound and volume but felt the car needed more in the low range. It worked out that way fortunately because its loud enough at the top. An unexpected side benefit was for sure that when the whole system was put together DRONE WENT WAY DOWN and almost eliminated. I wasnt expecting this from adding the headers... but am grateful it worked out this way... Anybody on the fence as I was for a few months should have no concerns about getting the kline 200cel headers as they were the icing on top.
The following users liked this post:
SupremePower (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 03:34 PM
theEnd
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 72 Posts

For anyone who has a a Kline exhaust and a valve controller, how often do you use the valve controller? My installer thinks I won’t need one.

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
Yes. Two 718 Spyders, both with Cargraphic valve controller. I have SS, my friend has Inconel. I like mine better, he likes his better but they are so close and both sound amazing. Honestly, I'm not sure I could tell them apart with better than 50/50 accuracy.

Jeff
jimdillard (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 03:41 PM
TRSCobra
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by theEnd
For anyone who has a a Kline exhaust and a valve controller, how often do you use the valve controller? My installer thinks I won’t need one.
I ran the collar mod on mine but it was a bit loud me on certain mornings. Installed the Cargraphic controller a few months ago and thus far I've left it open. I do like having the ability to go back to stock PSE when I do longer trips with the wife though.
jimdillard (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 03:56 PM
jimdillard
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by theEnd
I've got the Kline Inconel exhaust system installed on my Spyder with the Cargraphic exhaust valve controller. I tried out the Cargraphic controller once or twice after it was first installed about 18 months ago and have left it in the "OPEN" (LOUD) position since. I wouldn't consider silencing my Kline system in any way. It's music to my ears. My wife isn't a "car person," however she even LOVES the sound.

The following 2 users liked this post by jimdillard:
SupremePower (03-26-2024), tigerhonaker (03-27-2024)

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust