Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 08:48 PM
TRSCobra
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by slm9555
I'm close to pulling the trigger on Kline, but just want to finish doing my DD with this sizable purchase. Has anyone got Kline (SS or Inconel) OAPS & Box - and felt that the change was not significant enough or not worth the $5-8k ? Just want to make sure I will not have buyers remorse. From everything I have read the Kline is the way to go so I should be very happy with it.
I've gone through this entire thread over the last few days, and seems to be a pretty unanimous sentiment that the Kline is worth it. A few have wondered if they should have saved some money and went stainless but I haven't seen anyone regret the purchase. In fact there's a thread on here where people list their favorite mods and the Kline exhaust got brought up multiple times.

So I have an inconel on order from @SupremePower

Last edited by TRSCobra; 11-14-2023 at 12:31 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by TRSCobra:
BoxKing (11-14-2023), dnimi123 (11-13-2023), LooseNut (11-14-2023), SupremePower (11-13-2023), UncleDude (11-13-2023)
Old 11-13-2023, 09:15 PM
jimdillard
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by TRSCobra
I've gone through this entire thread over the last few days, and seems to be a pretty unanimous sentiment that the Kline is worth it. A few have wondered if they should have saved some money and went stainless but I haven't seen anyone regret the purchase. In fact there's a thread on here where people list their favorite mods and the Kline exhaust got brought up multiple times.

So have an inconel on order from @SupremePower
I've got the Kline inconel system, OAP's and Back Box, installed on my 718 Spyder. I started with the SOUL Ceramic Coated Resonated OAP's ONLY, which I LOVED...and moved on to Kline. I get a huge smile on my face every time I drive my car. ZERO drone...just a truly refined, beautiful system.

I've had the Cargraphic Exhaust Valve Controller installed since DAY #1...which I leave OPEN in the "LOUD mode" 100% of the time. It just doesn't get any better...

Last edited by jimdillard; 11-13-2023 at 09:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (11-13-2023)
Old 11-13-2023, 09:20 PM
WarriorGT
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm close to pulling the trigger on Kline, but just want to finish doing my DD with this sizable purchase. Has anyone got Kline (SS or Inconel) OAPS & Box - and felt that the change was not significant enough or not worth the $5-8k ? Just want to make sure I will not have buyers remorse. From everything I have read the Kline is the way to go so I should be very happy with it.
The SS Kline I ordered a few weeks ago from @SupremePower will be at my house later this week. Mine took a little longer to arrive because I had Kline install heat shielding on the OAPs. While I can’t speak to the differences between stock and the Kline, I am pretty sure it’s going to make the car sound more “special”. This along with the JCR valved exhaust were the only two exhausts I could find that had that higher pitched Porsche flat 6 sound and were captured somewhat decent in YouTube videos. All the others I heard including OEM with aftermarket OAPs just didn’t sound as good as the Kline to my ears. I had the same reservations as yourself so hopefully, the change over will be worth it. Will report back once I get it installed and get a few drives under my belt. And will post some pics when it gets here before installation so you all can see what it looks like right out of the box with heat shielding installed.
UncleDude (11-13-2023)
Old 11-13-2023, 09:21 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 671 Posts

Full Kline in inconel for the win! Probably want a tune and then collar mod to leave a little room in the exhaust path when closed. Drone is 100% completely gone!
jimdillard (11-13-2023)
Old 11-13-2023, 11:23 PM
LoodorneGT4
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

I did go Inconel…weight saving is huge. Like you could carry the full setup in one hand and I also see its retain value and better investment down the road.
The following 2 users liked this post by LoodorneGT4:
dnimi123 (11-14-2023), jimdillard (11-13-2023)
Old 11-13-2023, 11:31 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,360 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Originally Posted by LoodorneGT4
I did go Inconel…weight saving is huge. Like you could carry the full setup in one hand and I also see its retain value and better investment down the road.
I disagree, the stainless steel system I have allows me to lay the power down better because of that added 4 pounds over inconel, right over the back axle baby!

The following 5 users liked this post by UncleDude:
Anu2g (11-14-2023), flynlo (11-14-2023), LoodorneGT4 (11-13-2023), LooseNut (11-14-2023), MrFunk (11-14-2023)
Old 11-14-2023, 12:30 AM
RoadrunnerGTS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,076 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
I disagree, the stainless steel system I have allows me to lay the power down better because of that added 4 pounds over inconel, right over the back axle baby!

better get corner balanced after going inconel too
The following 2 users liked this post by RoadrunnerGTS:
LooseNut (11-14-2023), UncleDude (11-14-2023)
Old 11-14-2023, 11:00 AM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 825 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
better get corner balanced after going inconel too
Nah - just never run more than 1/2 tank of fuel and you're balanced out!
Old 11-14-2023, 01:51 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts

I took the plunge. :x SS on order.
The following 2 users liked this post by GoodRevrnd:
dnimi123 (11-14-2023), UncleDude (11-14-2023)
Old 11-14-2023, 01:54 PM
dk3what
AutoX

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Will be picking up CPO Spyder this weekend - exciting after searching for a while. Have been following this thread with interest due to the unanimous opinion of current GT4/Spyder owners that the stock exhaust could be better.

Anyone in GTA/London area in Ontario with the Kline system that I could listen to prior to committing to the purchase?

People who did buy the Kline system and are located in Ontario, Canada - who did you buy the exhaust from and who did you have put it on. I know a few bought from SupremePower and had great experiences, just don't know if most shops who do exhaust work would be willing to work with an exhaust not sourced from them.

Never modified any of my cars previously, but feel like I may with this car given the stock exhaust sound. The sound is one of the main reasons I wanted to buy this car/platform as my weekend occasional track car.
jimdillard (11-14-2023)
Old 11-14-2023, 02:05 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 825 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by dk3what
Will be picking up CPO Spyder this weekend - exciting after searching for a while. Have been following this thread with interest due to the unanimous opinion of current GT4/Spyder owners that the stock exhaust could be better.

Anyone in GTA/London area in Ontario with the Kline system that I could listen to prior to committing to the purchase?

People who did buy the Kline system and are located in Ontario, Canada - who did you buy the exhaust from and who did you have put it on. I know a few bought from SupremePower and had great experiences, just don't know if most shops who do exhaust work would be willing to work with an exhaust not sourced from them.

Never modified any of my cars previously, but feel like I may with this car given the stock exhaust sound. The sound is one of the main reasons I wanted to buy this car/platform as my weekend occasional track car.
I could not imagine a shop (or even dealership) who would not bolt on an exhaust for you that you are providing... It's such a simple and low risk service...
Old 11-14-2023, 02:12 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 815 Posts

Have not heard 1 time the change was not significant. Everyone loves their car all over again. Smiles for miles. If you are ready to order would be happy to assist. sales@supremepower.com

Originally Posted by Bill_76
****ty sound vs great sound, the Oem is the worst GT car sound ever released by Porsche. Kline fix it, if you then regret to spend this amount of $$$ in Kline, better go to the doc, maybe some hearing problem lol 😜
LOL. Hearing problem.

Originally Posted by TRSCobra
So I have an inconel on order from @SupremePower
Thank you!

Originally Posted by jimdillard
I've got the Kline inconel system, OAP's and Back Box, installed on my 718 Spyder. I started with the SOUL Ceramic Coated Resonated OAP's ONLY, which I LOVED...and moved on to Kline. I get a huge smile on my face every time I drive my car. ZERO drone...just a truly refined, beautiful system.

I've had the Cargraphic Exhaust Valve Controller installed since DAY #1...which I leave OPEN in the "LOUD mode" 100% of the time. It just doesn't get any better...
Nice Jim! Glad you are enjoying it!

Originally Posted by WarriorGT
The SS Kline I ordered a few weeks ago from @SupremePower will be at my house later this week. Mine took a little longer to arrive because I had Kline install heat shielding on the OAPs. While I can’t speak to the differences between stock and the Kline, I am pretty sure it’s going to make the car sound more “special”. This along with the JCR valved exhaust were the only two exhausts I could find that had that higher pitched Porsche flat 6 sound and were captured somewhat decent in YouTube videos. All the others I heard including OEM with aftermarket OAPs just didn’t sound as good as the Kline to my ears. I had the same reservations as yourself so hopefully, the change over will be worth it. Will report back once I get it installed and get a few drives under my belt. And will post some pics when it gets here before installation so you all can see what it looks like right out of the box with heat shielding installed.
Thank you for your order. Looking fwd to your feedback!

Originally Posted by dnimi123
Full Kline in inconel for the win! Probably want a tune and then collar mod to leave a little room in the exhaust path when closed. Drone is 100% completely gone!
We know where you stand! Hit me back about the 992!

Originally Posted by LoodorneGT4
100%....little more out of the gate but you recoupe that little more when you sell and get to enjoy it fully along the way

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd
I took the plunge. :x SS on order.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by dk3what
Installation is very easy and straight forward. Any competent shop or exhaust shop can perform the job. Dont let them strong arm you! If you need any assistance please feel free to reach out sales@supremepower.com

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Last edited by SupremePower; 11-14-2023 at 02:13 PM.
dnimi123 (11-14-2023)
Old 11-14-2023, 06:04 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 728 Likes on 266 Posts

The sound is an absolute game changer for this platform. I’m extremely picky with exhausts (went through 12 iterations on my old M3, as an example) and this one is one of the very rare occasions where it lived up to the hype and did not disappoint in any aspect of drone or impact to cruising enjoyment.

@dk3what not sure how mechanically inclined you are, but it’s a very straight forward install. Any competent shop that deals with European sports cars should be able to knock this out with ease.

dnimi123 (11-14-2023)
Old 11-14-2023, 08:16 PM
slm9555
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 6IXSPD
The sound is an absolute game changer for this platform. I’m extremely picky with exhausts (went through 12 iterations on my old M3, as an example) and this one is one of the very rare occasions where it lived up to the hype and did not disappoint in any aspect of drone or impact to cruising enjoyment.

@dk3what not sure how mechanically inclined you are, but it’s a very straight forward install. Any competent shop that deals with European sports cars should be able to knock this out with ease.
did you go inconel or ss?
Old 11-14-2023, 09:47 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 728 Likes on 266 Posts

did you go inconel or ss?
Inconel

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust