Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 06:11 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Designing the two pieces together (Kline) is why it is the perfect system for this platform, for those who want an overall great exhaust (i.e. not just loud etc.)
Couldnt agree more man

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 06:13 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JKen_0115
Hey Fellows, thanks for all your sharing and real world experience on this Kline system. I just placed an order on Inconel version tonight before BF sale gone. Eric from Supreme is so easy to deal with and super responsive for all my requests in past few days.

I guess I will keep watching the video before it arrives. Appreciate your great help! BTW, this is going to replace my current Akra OAP and OEM rear section. I will keep the OEM header with Kline Inconel together.

Thanks again Eric @SupremePower for all the help and suggestions.
Thank you! You’re gonna love the set up. Can’t wait to hear your feedback.
Old 11-30-2023, 06:15 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremePower
anyone who wants to buy the valve separately we would be happy to supply them with the kit just add extra cost for no reason. But if you ever need to order again, just let us know and we can sell you brand new valves with the exhaust. Sorry for the trouble just trying to save everybody a few bucks.

in case you didn’t notice, this is the Kline thread, the number one selling exhaust for this platform maybe you should go start another thread for BC fab.
This is a forum for discussion no? Or do you own this thread? I was responding to members and explaining my choices. I didn't realize that this was solely for your commercial enterprise in which case the moderators can delete my posts.

Last edited by subwoofer; 11-30-2023 at 06:17 PM.
tigerhonaker (12-01-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 06:15 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by macrs
After researching this myself, I'm looking at OAP pipes with a resonator myself, possibly using Kline or Soul's Resonated pipe.
if you were looking for just the OAP, we have several options including our own. Please message us and we can talk about it. I will say almost every customer who did OAP only wound up coming back and doing the Kline in the end.

Feel free to shoot us an email ::: Sales@supremepower.com and we would be happy to discuss and set you up w what suits YOU the best
Old 11-30-2023, 07:28 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 794 Likes on 459 Posts

@AnandN there is a reason why there is so little forum support for BC FABS, and why there’s little to no following; its bc it doesn’t do what ppl are saying it does, other than peoples subjective opinions on the sound; which for me, a DEEP Tone on a Porsche…

-AKRA is not even in the same ballpark when it comes to the back box, unless you want to pay 8K+ for a back box that sounds ever so slightly more refined than stock. AKRA doesn’t offer an XPIPE design = FAIL.
-JCR would not be in the same category as BC FABS either from your comments, as this system offers a loud Hi-Pitched tone, with some drone just like BC FABS will.
How were both of these exhaust examples ppl made claim to, a part of your decision making, when they’re both opposites of what you would want?
You should have gone with either SOUL or FABSPEED, as both of these offer strong similarities to what you’re looking for… even if you feel you might be back to buy a KLINE, buying one of these two options to test things out, could have been done for ~$2000 +/- used. Either way, I hope the BC FABS hits home for you, and if not…. We will all welcome you back in a DEEP BARITONE PITCHED collaboration “WE TOLD YAH SO!!!!”
6IXSPD (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 07:53 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
@AnandN there is a reason why there is so little forum support for BC FABS, and why there’s little to no following; its bc it doesn’t do what ppl are saying it does, other than peoples subjective opinions on the sound; which for me, a DEEP Tone on a Porsche…

-AKRA is not even in the same ballpark when it comes to the back box, unless you want to pay 8K+ for a back box that sounds ever so slightly more refined than stock. AKRA doesn’t offer an XPIPE design = FAIL.
-JCR would not be in the same category as BC FABS either from your comments, as this system offers a loud Hi-Pitched tone, with some drone just like BC FABS will.
How were both of these exhaust examples ppl made claim to, a part of your decision making, when they’re both opposites of what you would want?
You should have gone with either SOUL or FABSPEED, as both of these offer strong similarities to what you’re looking for… even if you feel you might be back to buy a KLINE, buying one of these two options to test things out, could have been done for ~$2000 +/- used. Either way, I hope the BC FABS hits home for you, and if not…. We will all welcome you back in a DEEP BARITONE PITCHED collaboration “WE TOLD YAH SO!!!!”
After reading your incoherent post, I regret trying to engage in any meaningful discussion on this thread. I hereby submit my resignation. And if I were to order a Kline exhaust, it would be from another vendor. Plenty of them.
Old 11-30-2023, 09:16 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AnandN
After reading your incoherent post, I regret trying to engage in any meaningful discussion on this thread. I hereby submit my resignation. And if I were to order a Kline exhaust, it would be from another vendor. Plenty of them.
It’s incoherent to you because you lack the reading comprehension to make an educated decision on your own. Please review your own posts, see how your decision makes no logical sense. Your decision would make sense if you were one of the OG Pioneers buying a new exhaust system when the 718 4.0’s were first released, but man, the test runs have already been done for you.
BTW, form what I gathered during my 2-3 month exhausting search, was that BC FABS is a Knockoff Version of JCR, also landing in the higher pitched category = NOT WHAT YOURE LOOKING FOR (SMH), hence my name drop of SOUL/FABSPEED, which are both deeper in tone (I’ve heard them in person).

The 3 major hitters for the 718 are as follows (not in order):
Kline
SOUL V2 - still pending official reviews.
JCR

You do you, I’m not hating on your decision bc the system looks nice, and hopefully it performs to your liking.
The following 3 users liked this post by BoxKing:
6IXSPD (12-03-2023), dnimi123 (12-01-2023), lovetoturn (12-04-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 11:44 PM
JKen_0115
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremePower
if you were looking for just the OAP, we have several options including our own. Please message us and we can talk about it. I will say almost every customer who did OAP only wound up coming back and doing the Kline in the end.

Feel free to shoot us an email ::: Sales@supremepower.com and we would be happy to discuss and set you up w what suits YOU the best
Can’t agree with that enough. I did Akra OAP a few months ago. I just placed an order for Kline Inconel last week. Changing OAP gives a better sound but it doesn’t change the tone and experience. I remember BoxKing told me it but I just couldn’t wait at that time. lol!

Good luck, you may enjoy with only OAP change!!
BoxKing (12-03-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 01:53 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 672 Posts

As everyone knows Im super happy with Kline as well as my experience and support of Eric @SupremePower . I do think even though this is a Kline thread, we all benefit from thoughts on other systems. Ive heard the JCR and in fact think its tone is better and slightly higher pitched than the Kline even in inconel. I have not heard BCFabs other than online and know that IL Pete (I think) put this on his Spyder and was very happy. I have heard most others like Soul (not V2) and Akra and Fabspeed and I am not really a fan. Kline does such a great job at balancing the tone, pitch, volume and drone reduction that its really hard to beat. Sorry if anyone in this thread got turned off on Kline or Supreme Power as both are very good as far as parts and supplier go in my experience...

Last edited by dnimi123; 12-01-2023 at 05:04 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by dnimi123:
BoxKing (12-03-2023), CDACH (12-01-2023), CurryPuff (12-01-2023), JKen_0115 (12-01-2023), TRSCobra (12-01-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 11:02 AM
justince
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
It’s incoherent to you because you lack the reading comprehension to make an educated decision on your own. Please review your own posts, see how your decision makes no logical sense. Your decision would make sense if you were one of the OG Pioneers buying a new exhaust system when the 718 4.0’s were first released, but man, the test runs have already been done for you.
BTW, form what I gathered during my 2-3 month exhausting search, was that BC FABS is a Knockoff Version of JCR, also landing in the higher pitched category = NOT WHAT YOURE LOOKING FOR (SMH), hence my name drop of SOUL/FABSPEED, which are both deeper in tone (I’ve heard them in person).

The 3 major hitters for the 718 are as follows (not in order):
Kline
SOUL V2 - still pending official reviews.
JCR

You do you, I’m not hating on your decision bc the system looks nice, and hopefully it performs to your liking.
Cargraphic solution is also quite nice (from videos i've listened to)
Old 12-03-2023, 01:42 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by justince
Cargraphic solution is also quite nice (from videos i've listened to)
Agree.

I forgot to add this one to the list because it’s still one of the least commonly bought systems, at least talked about.
Oddly, I narrowed my final choices to JCR, and Cargraphics to pair with my first mod of AKRA OAPs. I called Eric with Supreme requesting pricing and availability on these two, both had 6-8+ week lead times… then Eric chimed in and said “I can have a KLINE INCONEL at your doorstep tomorrow!” Kline was always in the mix, but played 2nd fiddle to the other options mentioned due to the fact that I had OAPs installed on the car already. My impatience got the best of me, so I pulled the trigger on KLINE, and I couldn’t be happier with how this system sort of fell into my lap.
dnimi123 (12-03-2023)
Old 12-03-2023, 04:39 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,360 Likes on 2,199 Posts

The cargraphic, soul and JCR rear sections all create resonance in the drone zone. Email cargrphic and they’ll confirm it, and I’ve ridden in a Soul (owned it) and JCR equipped car (2). It all depends on your preference. Generally speaking, I think any x-pipe is going to sound pretty good, but can you put up with the other stuff?
tigerhonaker (12-04-2023)
Old 12-03-2023, 08:35 PM
Agcsr25
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

I have driven Gt4's with cargraphic, kline and JCR and feel cargraphic has the most resonance but definitely has a nice high pitch. JCR indeed has some resonance and increase in pitch and volume. Kline has the least overall increase in volume and resonance. BC Fabs is not a knockoff of JCR and uses a flow design unique to them. I do not get resonance with my BC Fab at cruise with or without the valves open. I do get a boominess with valves open from idle to 1200 rpm. This does not exist with valves closed and for this reason drive around town with the pse off. It is definitely high pitched especially above 4000rpm and has a significant increase in volume.
The following 2 users liked this post by Agcsr25:
subwoofer (12-08-2023), UncleDude (12-03-2023)
Old 12-03-2023, 11:06 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

I think the vast majority of people that complain about drone or boominess have PDK and are too lazy too shift out of it9for lack of a better way to say it). People with 6MT it is just natural to drive around any of that. I am 6MT. And I can cause drone if I want to. But obviously choose not to. Some people just sit in PDK auto mode and take it.

Last edited by flynlo; 12-04-2023 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-04-2023, 10:29 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 823 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by flynlo
I think the vast majority of people that complain about drone or boominess have PDK and are too lazy too shift out of it9for lack of a better way to say it).
People with 6MT it is just natural to drive around any of that.
I am 6MT.
And I can cause drone if I want to.
But obviously choose not to.
Some people just sit in PDK auto mode and take it.
flynlo,

I'm not going to get into the age-old debate on Manual vs PDK !!!

I think it's next to impossible to state what members do and drive with the PDK when you own the Manual 6-Speed.

Personally, I have over 8,000 miles and 2-Years running the SOUL V1 (Version 1) exhaust with their ceramic coated (Performance) OAP, sound-symposer delete, cargraphics valve controller.
As I have posted Many-many times driving with my PDK if you drive in full-automatic your going to get an over-abundance of Drone, Booming, Resonance.

However if you simply go to the Manual-Mode and use either the Shift-Paddles or the shifter it's Super-Easy to get around the annoying 2,100 rpm to 2,900 rpm ANNOYANCE.
It does take some practice but once one learns how, it's super easy and becomes 2nd nature.

I just had SOUL Performance (John Gaydos) ship me their Latest/Newest V2 (Version 2) exhaust a few weeks ago.
I am now doing extensive testing of the recently installed SOUL V2 exhaust.

Terry
BoxKing (12-04-2023)

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust