Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2023 | 12:28 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
Question to those who installed DIY. Mine is slightly off alignment horizontally by 1/2". Kline said because wasn't tightened left/right in a progressive manner, swapping sides as it was tightened down. My car is going in tomorrow for gearbox removal and i have a chance to rectify the alignment. I have new gaskets provided by Kline too, as they said the current ones would be no good now that alignment is off and best to use fresh gaskets. Any other tip to get aligned correctly would be appreciated??
Hmm, I have not had that problem. I think I would use the cross bar flap with the 2 torx bolts to center it when everything is loose, you might have to wrench up the hangers to get it so you can align it, but if you can slide the flap on the cross bar and get the bolts started / snug, that might allow you to then tighten everything. The hangers might be a bit racked but that probably doesn’t matter. Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
RoadrunnerGTS (07-23-2023)
Old 07-24-2023 | 01:41 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

For those who purchased the Kline headers, did you option with or without heat shielding?
Old 07-24-2023 | 05:05 PM
dmboone25
Pro

Originally Posted by BoxKing
For those who purchased the Kline headers, did you option with or without heat shielding?
I have been wondering about this myself - do the stock headers have any heat shielding? I don't think so, but not sure.
Old 07-24-2023 | 07:20 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

All the sets we sold were without shielding thus far.

Originally Posted by dmboone25
I have been wondering about this myself - do the stock headers have any heat shielding? I don't think so, but not sure.
Some shielding on stock manifold

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

dmboone25 (07-25-2023)
Old 07-24-2023 | 10:47 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Are you guys still working on a proper comparison vid between the two options?
Old 07-25-2023 | 12:04 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MrFunk
Are you guys still working on a proper comparison vid between the two options?
I am not answering for Eric, but I think it would be hard to capture the difference in a video. Probably something you need to hear in person, but I’d love to see someone try to document it.
Old 07-25-2023 | 08:30 AM
ForwardUntoDawn
AutoX

For those that have heard both.......which of the two between inconel and SS is smoother and less shouty/pressed-farty?
Old 07-25-2023 | 08:42 AM
stmblaster
Track Day

​​​​​​​I opted for heat shielding everywhere, but I gotta be honest, it was just plain fear and not much thinking.
Old 07-25-2023 | 11:18 AM
dmboone25
Pro

Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn
For those that have heard both.......which of the two between inconel and SS is smoother and less shouty/pressed-farty?
I have the OAPs and rear section in inconel, and there's 0 farty-ness to my ears.
Old 07-25-2023 | 12:46 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn
Neither version is shorty or farty sounding. The only difference between Inconel and Stainless is price, weight, and pitch. The Inconel just sounds a bit more like exotic.
BoxKing (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023 | 12:58 PM
Big Belly 711
Instructor

Originally Posted by mc3456
Neither version is shorty or farty sounding. The only difference between Inconel and Stainless is price, weight, and pitch. The Inconel just sounds a bit more like exotic.
Disclaimer, I don't (yet) have the Kline system but will one day!
This is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth, but for the most part, I think the owners that go with Inconel swear they can hear a difference between Inconel and SS and those owners with SS can't hear any tangible difference.
It's of course individual, but I (personally) don't think there is enough of a difference to justify the much higher price of the Inconel...now if weight savings is part of the goal, then it's back into the conversation for me, but I'm not a professional race car driver looking to shave a few pounds off my 3100 pound vehicle. (For weight savings I'd start with ME as the greatest potential for dropping some pounds) LOL
Old 07-25-2023 | 01:14 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Inconel vs Stainless

Its an argument that will go on forever. It must be heard in real life since we dont know how else to show you guys as Iphone video recording is terrible.

In real life, the Inconel and Stainless sound quite different. And in real life I do mean driving under load through the RPM ranges up in the high ranges not revving in a library parking lot w a cup of coffee in hand

The inconel has a higher pitch GT sound than the Stainless steel. --Dont own a GT4/Spyder/GTS but have installed A LOT of these

The price difference is +$2695 for the Inconel...is it worth it? To us YES it is for sound and weight.

We try to have both materials in stock. Bottom line is no matter what material you choose you will be VERY happy w your 4.0!! Best mod on this platform is the KLINE!

The following 2 users liked this post by SupremePower:
MaddMike (07-26-2023), UncleDude (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023 | 01:18 PM
momo360
Racer

Originally Posted by SupremePower
Inconel vs Stainless

Its an argument that will go on forever. It must be heard in real life since we dont know how else to show you guys as Iphone video recording is terrible.

In real life, the Inconel and Stainless sound quite different. And in real life I do mean driving under load through the RPM ranges up in the high ranges not revving in a library parking lot w a cup of coffee in hand

The inconel has a higher pitch GT sound than the Stainless steel. --Dont own a GT4/Spyder/GTS but have installed A LOT of these

The price difference is +$2695 for the Inconel...is it worth it? To us YES it is for sound and weight.

We try to have both materials in stock. Bottom line is no matter what material you choose you will be VERY happy w your 4.0!! Best mod on this platform is the KLINE!
Do you guys ever have sales on SS? For certain holidays, etc..?
Old 07-25-2023 | 01:19 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by momo360
Do you guys ever have sales on SS? For certain holidays, etc..?
Please email sales@supremepower.com...........ALWAYS have a sale going for my RL familia on these! #NoHolidayNeeded
Old 07-25-2023 | 02:24 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SupremePower
Inconel vs Stainless

Yep...

The problem is that all the vids of these exhausts are exactly that - iphone garage revving - pretty useless recordings.... microphones taped to the rear bumper do not provide an accurate representation of the sound...
A quality recording with quality equipment - high end production short 1 min vid of both systems going down the same road (from outside the car), low throttle, mid throttle, full throttle, maybe up a hill with load... etc.. I'm sure it would provide SOME contrast. If you say the sound is worth an extra 2.7k then it's got to be able to be captured with proper quality sound recording equipment... Not sure how much revenue you guys are capturing with these systems to justify the cost of making a proper vid/recording though... maybe the cost/benefit just isn't there...

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust