Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 12:21 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,403 Likes on 823 Posts

Originally Posted by flynlo
I will echo what I have previously. There seems to be a trend of Inconel(cars/owners) not being as loud as the SS. I wish we could get a quantifiable measurement.
Inconel is a little louder than SS but more importantly has a dfferent sound under heavy throttle in mid to red line rpm range.

Inconel owners are wanting the best and more & more & more is all. They tend to go for the headers afterwards more often than the stainless guys as they are on the quest for the best sound and performance.

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

The following users liked this post:
dnimi123 (06-30-2023)
Old 06-29-2023, 12:24 PM
PAJ
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
I have a few other things to do on the car before swapping the exhausts, so you'll have yours on first! I would read the Cheap Exhaust Mods thread and see if you can find a position on that system that aligns with your goals, then cross reference the photos above.
OK, thanks for the heads-up!

I have read the thread and will make my best guess. I can't wait to hear the Spyder with the new set-up!
Old 06-29-2023, 11:37 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by PAJ
I would appreciate an update with your findings once you are up and running again. I have collars arriving tomorrow for a Kline system to be installed on Wednesday. My plan is to install collars before the exhaust goes on and I would love to hear your feedback on placement. I am hoping I can get collar positioning right the first time while the exhaust is much easier to access!
Install the Kline and run around town for a bit with it fully closed, then plug the vacuum lines to keep them fully open to get a feel for what you like better - adjust if need be. I run mine full open, never even gave the flaps an option to close even once as I installed the collars during my install. Not gonna lie, Uncle has made a strong case for his love for the valves in the closed position, which raises my curiosity to at least try it out to see how the other half is living.
Old 06-29-2023, 11:40 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,085 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
Install the Kline and run around town for a bit with it fully closed, then plug the vacuum lines to keep them fully open to get a feel for what you like better - adjust if need be. I run mine full open, never even gave the flaps an option to close even once as I installed the collars during my install. Not gonna lie, Uncle has made a strong case for his love for the valves in the closed position, which raises my curiosity to at least try it out to see how the other half is living.
Definitely worth flaps closed as an switchable option. Closed is a nice alternative at times and still sounds great. I run a tune that overrides button to be either open or closed, same as a VC would.
Old 06-30-2023, 05:23 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
Definitely worth flaps closed as an switchable option. Closed is a nice alternative at times and still sounds great. I run a tune that overrides button to be either open or closed, same as a VC would.
I’ll be adding the Inconel Headers before years end, coupled with a tune. At this time, I will remove the collars to have the same control as you.
Old 06-30-2023, 05:28 PM
dmboone25
Racer

Received 323 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by flynlo
I will echo what I have previously. There seems to be a trend of Inconel(cars/owners) not being as loud as the SS. I wish we could get a quantifiable measurement.
I would love to hear SS in person, to at least see if I can detect any difference. The volume on my system (along with the lack of additional "theatre") is my biggest complaint.

I don't think I would care as much if I had spent SS money...but since I spent inconel + heat shielding money, I was definitely expecting more.
flynlo (06-30-2023)
Old 06-30-2023, 06:03 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,085 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by dmboone25
I would love to hear SS in person, to at least see if I can detect any difference. The volume on my system (along with the lack of additional "theatre") is my biggest complaint.

I don't think I would care as much if I had spent SS money...but since I spent inconel + heat shielding money, I was definitely expecting more.
Isnt it rather Boxter owners find it quieter than Cayman owners?

With a VC, no way I'd want my SS louder. It is also louder outside than in the cabin.

Last edited by RoadrunnerGTS; 06-30-2023 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-30-2023, 07:43 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

With a VC, no way I'd want my SS louder. It is also louder outside than in the cabin.
Not I. I am a Spyder guy and it is plenty loud enough for me….SS.
Old 06-30-2023, 07:43 PM
dmboone25
Racer

I can't say with the 718. I would expect the open top option to be louder in any event.

I had both a 981 CS and BGTS prior to my 718 Spyder (both with PSE), and there's no doubt that the BGTS was the louder of the two, at least to my ears.
Old 06-30-2023, 07:45 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremePower
Inconel is a little louder than SS but more importantly has a dfferent sound under heavy throttle in mid to red line rpm range.

Inconel owners are wanting the best and more & more & more is all. They tend to go for the headers afterwards more often than the stainless guys as they are on the quest for the best sound and performance.
I will yield to your expertise until there is quantifiable evidence. But I do have my theories….🤪🤪🤪
GoodRevrnd (06-30-2023)
Old 06-30-2023, 09:18 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,433 Likes on 2,226 Posts

Why don’t you remove the shielding from the rear section? Seems like you’re pretty unhappy, since you’ve repeated this complaint multiple times (not criticizing just think you should do something about it).
SupremePower (06-30-2023)
Old 06-30-2023, 09:54 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,113 Likes on 673 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremePower

YEP! And we get it with the full Kline inconel!
SupremePower (07-01-2023)
Old 06-30-2023, 10:25 PM
dmboone25
Racer

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Why don’t you remove the shielding from the rear section? Seems like you’re pretty unhappy, since you’ve repeated this complaint multiple times (not criticizing just think you should do something about it).
It’s not a complaint. Just trying to be honest, such that others considering this system has more feedback than “it sounds great”.
Old 07-01-2023, 09:56 AM
Montaver
Rennlist Member

Received 513 Likes on 249 Posts

It’s not a complaint. Just trying to be honest, such that others considering this system has more feedback than “it sounds great”.
With the valves open its basically a straight through system, it's as loud as you can get without changing headers. The heat shielding will have minimal impact on volume.
Old 07-01-2023, 12:21 PM
Josh_357
Racer

Received 353 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Montaver
With the valves open its basically a straight through system, it's as loud as you can get without changing headers. The heat shielding will have minimal impact on volume.
True that it’s a straight open path, but the resonator and muffler path still quiet it when valves full open. I had Soul comp OAPs and their Valved rear, which valves open was much louder than the Kline open. Kline has better tone still.

This system is likely the loudest without drone.

Last edited by Josh_357; 07-01-2023 at 01:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust