Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 03:17 AM
mnl
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Sounds like small differences, congrats on a worthy future track purchase!

Make sure we get some pictures of the new toy in the Chalk thread!
i know right? thank you! i was lucky to find one with a spec so close to what my top spec would be [also had a secondary option with way less options as a "minimal spec" to see how much i'd save if i didn't choose all the things]

yes! will definitely post photos there once i take delivery, not sure when that will be though since it'll get full PPF wrap and then needs to be shipped to me. its all the way on the other side of the country so i suspect it'll be a few more weeks of waiting
Old 04-11-2021, 11:55 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 828 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by UncleDude
I continue to find your use of quotes fascinating Terry.

Randy
Randy-Randy-Randy,

Just a different style I suppose.

LOL,
Terry
The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (04-11-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 03:50 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Just got a text from my dealer, MY21 Spyder went in to the bodyshop today, V260 earlier than expected.
I know it can still have delays, but moving it up a week is a good thing for now. Port and dealer inventory are still set with the same dates. Jun 4th delivery as it was when i got it.
Anyone else seeing movement or early V260?
Jeff Jones (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 04:02 PM
Big Belly 711
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by SBARacing
Just got a text from my dealer, MY21 Spyder went in to the bodyshop today, V260 earlier than expected.
I know it can still have delays, but moving it up a week is a good thing for now. Port and dealer inventory are still set with the same dates. Jun 4th delivery as it was when i got it.
first, congrats! second, don't get too excited about an early exit of production....I just posted this on another thread (below).....bottom line, my CGTS also went into production a little early, but is now showing exiting production over 30 days later than originally expected....I just learned this today as I was asking my SA to confirm if we were out of production (because we were originally scheduled to be out on April 9th).

Well CRAP...while I consider myself really fortunate to not be impacted directly by the stop sale, I'm wondering if that is impacting production schedules? I had a CGTS expected to enter production on April 2 and exit production April 9th. It actually entered production a little early (March 27) but is now showing exiting production on April 30, more than 30 days after entering production. It was also originally due into the dealer June 4th but is now showing June 25th...almost 4 weeks later. Anyone else seeing changes in dates?
Old 04-12-2021, 04:04 PM
987SCoupe
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 115 Posts

That's good to hear things are moving along. Before this SHTF with the connecting rod issue, I'd say they were running about three weeks ahead of the published plan dates. At least based on my order and timeline.

Last edited by 987SCoupe; 04-12-2021 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:52 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Belly 711
first, congrats! second, don't get too excited about an early exit of production....I just posted this on another thread (below).....bottom line, my CGTS also went into production a little early, but is now showing exiting production over 30 days later than originally expected....I just learned this today as I was asking my SA to confirm if we were out of production (because we were originally scheduled to be out on April 9th).

Well CRAP...while I consider myself really fortunate to not be impacted directly by the stop sale, I'm wondering if that is impacting production schedules? I had a CGTS expected to enter production on April 2 and exit production April 9th. It actually entered production a little early (March 27) but is now showing exiting production on April 30, more than 30 days after entering production. It was also originally due into the dealer June 4th but is now showing June 25th...almost 4 weeks later. Anyone else seeing changes in dates?
My BGTS is a May/June production. Original entry in body shop was 05/28 now 06/04. And vehicle completion was 06/04 now 06/11. So about a week later. It’s still a long way off so a lot can change yet.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:23 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

I wonder what is effecting these. I wouldn't put a car in to production if that spec has missing parts, it would jam the line.
Ideally, you would enter when all parts are available for your spec. But maybe the Porsche is not as efficient? I want to believe they would be.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:09 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

I wonder what is effecting these. I wouldn't put a car in to production if that spec has missing parts, it would jam the line.
Ideally, you would enter when all parts are available for your spec. But maybe the Porsche is not as efficient? I want to believe they would be.
It’s the Stop Sale due to the con rod recall on some 4.0 engines produced Jan to March, causing the delay. You can look on that forum for the details.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:23 PM
johnmidd
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My car went V250 April 9 a few days early
V260 expected 4/23/2021
My SA said Porsche was "starting to experience some strain as far as the semi-conductor chips go"
Old 04-12-2021, 07:36 PM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
It’s the Stop Sale due to the con rod recall on some 4.0 engines produced Jan to March, causing the delay. You can look on that forum for the details.
I have been reading about this, but i would still think that they would align parts inventory with build and spec before letting them in. If i had an assembly line that has the ability to work on 100 cars in the line, would i want to let 50 cars that i know will get stuck get in there?
Wouldn't you want to focus on the spec and cars that you can progress in the meantime?
Old 04-12-2021, 08:32 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

I have been reading about this, but i would still think that they would align parts inventory with build and spec before letting them in. If i had an assembly line that has the ability to work on 100 cars in the line, would i want to let 50 cars that i know will get stuck get in there?
Wouldn't you want to focus on the spec and cars that you can progress in the meantime?
It should not affect the regular Boxster/ Cayman line. Only the 4.0 engined cars could be delayed, and only until they have filled the back log of about 1000 affected engines world wide (190 engines in US and 95 in Canada). That is if they replace all the affected engines. Some might be repaired instead, to the great anxiety of almost all the people with undelivered cars in the VIN range of the affected
cars. Porsche AG and PCNA have only confirmed so far that the already delivered affected units will be replaced, the rest are waiting to hear. Hopefully soon!

Last edited by P-car-Vancouver; 04-13-2021 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:06 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
It should not affect the regular Boxster/ Cayman line. Only the mostly the 4.0 engined cars could be delayed, and only until they have filled the back log of about 1000 affected engines world wide (190 engines in US and 95 in Canada). That is if they replace all the affected engines. Some might be repaired instead, to the great anxiety of almost all the people with undelivered cars in the VIN range of the affected
cars. Porsche AG and PCNA have only confirmed so far that the already delivered affected units will be replaced, the rest are waiting to hear. Hopefully soon!
The 4.0L line will not be impacted, surge will occur elsewhere to deal with the conrods.

Things get real difficult when you stop; as evidenced by last year’s shut down.

Typical August recess will help the logistics train.

Lots of optimistic thoughts on here...last year 992s sat in port for up to 5-6 months awaiting CARB. Think the longer ones received +service extensions.

P-car-Vancouver (04-12-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 01:44 PM
wanderingshi
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

What's the wait for a 4.0 allocation like right now? I paid a 2.5k down to my dealer and things seem to be moving pretty slowly
bpeacock (04-16-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 02:00 PM
Bahnbrenner
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderingshi
What's the wait for a 4.0 allocation like right now? I paid a 2.5k down to my dealer and things seem to be moving pretty slowly
How long has the dealer had your deposit? Have you purchased cars from them in the past? Are they a high volume dealer? All of these factors (and more) contribute to how long you might wait - Let alone the stop sale and chip shortage issues that have been discussed ad nauseam.

Welcome to the world of Porsche GT cars in the age of covid. Buckle up and wait.
Old 04-16-2021, 02:03 PM
cpxchewy
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderingshi
Seems like nobody has gotten an allocation since late Feb/Early March. Add that to new MY, Stop Sale, Chip Shortage, it's probably going to be a slow trickle of allocations. You should ask your dealer what place in line you're in.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker