Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 02:52 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Never heard of V210, I thought that V250 was fixed build?

What is your build date, V260?
I just heard back from the SA. He said the changes I made worked out with no delay.
Phew! That was close. Not sure when delivery will be I just asked what he thought.
Its a early build. One of the first allocations they had. Originally I was told April/May.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:29 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 568 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by 911F1
I just heard back from the SA. He said the changes I made worked out with no delay.
Phew! That was close. Not sure when delivery will be I just asked what he thought.
Its a early build. One of the first allocations they had. Originally I was told April/May.
Out of curiosity, what was your last minute changes?
Old 02-05-2020, 04:00 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
Out of curiosity, what was your last minute changes?
Changed the leather steering wheel to Alcantara because the alcantara has the matching contrast stitching
I added the Dual zone climate control. Added the PDLS + headlights although I don't like the washer nipple.
The nipple will be color matched. I figure my eyes aren't what they use to be so the added LED brightness
will help.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:13 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Changed the leather steering wheel to Alcantara because the alcantara has the matching contrast stitching
I added the Dual zone climate control. Added the PDLS + headlights although I don't like the washer nipple.
The nipple will be color matched. I figure my eyes aren't what they use to be so the added LED brightness
will help.
Yep, interesting that leather on the wheel removes contrast stitching, PDLS+ LEDs will be nice, dual zone a must!

What colour is the car, or do you have build code?
Old 02-05-2020, 04:49 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 311 Posts

I went with leather. I spoke to a few guys with Alcantara when I specced my GTS. The Alcantara becomes matted and loses its softness. It is disappointing about the stitching but it’s a cost/benefit analysis for me. Others may see it differently and for them the Alcantara is the way to go. It is beautiful when it is new and I suppose you can buy a replacement. I am just partial to leather. Go to 6 min of this review where he talks about Alcantara steering wheel.

Old 02-05-2020, 05:02 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by ISPYA718
I went with leather. I spoke to a few guys with Alcantara when I specced my GTS. The Alcantara becomes matted and loses its softness. It is disappointing about the stitching but it’s a cost/benefit analysis for me. Others may see it differently and for them the Alcantara is the way to go. It is beautiful when it is new and I suppose you can buy a replacement. I am just partial to leather. Go to 6 min of this review where he talks about Alcantara steering wheel.

https://youtu.be/qaOaXDFHy-s
Haven't seen the video. But you can bring back Alcantara and it's something that should be maintained especially if you have grimey oily fingers and hands. Look up Ammo NYC Alcantara, he has good tips for maintaining and cleaning it.

Leather gets grimy too and should be maintained especially if you have one of the higher quality leathers. My 997 has natural red leather on the wheel and it took on a shine and dirt in the leather pores from not cleaning over 7 years of casual use. Had the whole interior detailed last year, wow. It's all come back so nicely.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:05 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ISPYA718

https://youtu.be/qaOaXDFHy-s
Did I hear 'hand cheese' !?

I had an Alcantara wheel on my last car, after 4 years it looked and felt like it did new, but it will be a mess if you don't take care of it and refrain from eating cheese burgers while driving!

I used Sonax cleaner when it was needed, always gave it a gentle brushing with a vacuum when cleaning the car.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:10 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Did I hear 'hand cheese' !?
I used to think those guys were ok, not sure about their style but they brought some interesting "normal" content. However in their Spyder video, the main guy said something to the effect of the Spyder having the GT3 engine....which it does not....so lost some lustre with that comment for me.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:15 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SToronto
I used to think those guys were ok, not sure about their style but they brought some interesting "normal" content. However in their Spyder video, the main guy said something to the effect of the Spyder having the GT3 engine....which it does not....so lost some lustre with that comment for me.
I recall that comment as well, they are a little bit Laurel and Hardy for me...
Old 02-05-2020, 05:19 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 276 Posts

I promise you that my Alcantara on the wheel on my .1GTS still looks fresh after 18K miles. I clean it monthly with Sonax Alcantara cleaner....
Old 02-05-2020, 05:20 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Yep, interesting that leather on the wheel removes contrast stitching, PDLS+ LEDs will be nice, dual zone a must!

What colour is the car, or do you have build code?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL612FE2
The following users liked this post:
CDACH (02-06-2020)
Old 02-05-2020, 05:21 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

will help.
The added benefit of the LED is they swivel when you turn the wheel and have auto high beams so they will adjust to not blind oncoming traffic. useful on country roads or anywhere there are lots of creatures at night, specifically deer.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:26 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

I recall that comment as well, they are a little bit Laurel and Hardy for me...
Don't know Laurel and Hardy...but I think I know what you mean.

Sometimes I am just looking for a good old car review without the entertainment and show. They sort of did that with some classic car reviews too.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:28 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blackholescion
The added benefit of the LED is they swivel when you turn the wheel and have auto high beams so they will adjust to not blind oncoming traffic. useful on country roads or anywhere there are lots of creatures at night, specifically deer.
LED is not required for the directional aspect of the headlights, that is simple PDLS, the "+" is the high beam assistant as you mentioned, I had this system on my GTS and it was amazing!
The following users liked this post:
blackholescion (02-06-2020)
Old 02-05-2020, 05:32 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SToronto
Don't know Laurel and Hardy...but I think I know what you mean.

Sometimes I am just looking for a good old car review without the entertainment and show. They sort of did that with some classic car reviews too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujxwDKeKSyo

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker