Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2022 | 10:05 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Adrift
I've used this handle since PPBB back in the late 90's. It had a whole other double entendre meaning at the time. I guess it doesn't fit as much these days. Besides, if I changed handles, reprobates like ExMB would have a harder time hassling me.

Extra credit to whomever can identify what PPBB means first: ???

As for the car, I THINK it is painted by now...? Three days of production...
Either pee pee butt butt or Porsche Pete’s Boxster Forum
Old 03-27-2022 | 10:19 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rasputin.
Either pee pee butt butt or Porsche Pete’s Boxster Forum
So close! Change Forum to Board. You have old school cred...or you Google'd it. lol I was sad to see PPBB is no more.
Old 03-27-2022 | 10:20 PM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

I've used this handle since PPBB back in the late 90's. It had a whole other double entendre meaning at the time. I guess it doesn't fit as much these days. Besides, if I changed handles, reprobates like ExMB would have a harder time hassling me.

Extra credit to whomever can identify what PPBB means first: ???

As for the car, I THINK it is painted by now...? Three days of production...
Porsche Pete's Boxster Board - I was Paulie Walnuts there, but couldn't get that at the 986 Forum so I switched to PauE.
Old 03-27-2022 | 10:22 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

So close! Change Forum to Board. You have old school cred...or you Google'd it. lol I was sad to see PPBB is no more.
LOL why did I write forum? I had the letters right there.
Old 03-27-2022 | 10:25 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PaulE
Porsche Pete's Boxster Board - I was Paulie Walnuts there, but couldn't get that at the 986 Forum so I switched to PauE.
You ever read Sun-Tuh-Zoo or Prince Matchabelli?
Old 03-27-2022 | 11:06 PM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rasputin.
You ever read Sun-Tuh-Zoo or Prince Matchabelli?
heh heh, no, I had a boss who used to call me that since my name is Paul and last name begins with E! I've watched some of the Sopranos, it's on our list of things to stream from start to finish.
Old 03-27-2022 | 11:11 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PaulE
heh heh, no, I had a boss who used to call me that since my name is Paul and last name begins with E! I've watched some of the Sopranos, it's on our list of things to stream from start to finish.
My god man you have to watch it! I’m surprised you understood the reference without having seen it.
Old 03-27-2022 | 11:12 PM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Sopranos is must watch TV.....Maybee one of the best series ever IMHO!!!!
The following users liked this post:
Rasputin. (03-27-2022)
Old 03-27-2022 | 11:17 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by *991*
Sopranos is must watch TV.....Maybee one of the best series ever IMHO!!!!
You are not lying about that. Sopranos, The Wire & DARK are probably my three favorite shows. The Americans is about as good as it gets for cable TV as well.
Old 03-27-2022 | 11:45 PM
ausgang
Racer

Originally Posted by raymort
This number of vehicles lost is about 1.5 days of production. This isn’t a major cause to delays for others.
You missed my point. It wasn't the number of vehicles lost. It was the priority. PAG made it clear that replacing the lost vehicles from Felicity Ace would take precedence over build spots for others. Thus, if we knew those replacements are not expected to be done until XX/XX date, then others would know soon after that would follow their builds given whatever can be managed in light of supply chain/war disruptions.
Old 03-28-2022 | 02:46 AM
Panther Driver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cooler2442
If anyone's curious here's some data I gathered since I'm currently in the market for a Spyder:

Used 718 Spyders: Dealers purchasing them at MSRP-10k depending on the spec(10k+ would be PTS/PCCB's/extremely low miles/etc. The 140k MSRP Miami Blue 6mt with buckets/PCCB's/low miles/etc in San Diego was purchased for 145k by the dealer from the owner. Few other owners told me what offers they have received relative to MSRP which is MSRP-10k). Those Spyders asking 20k+ above MSRP are now sitting for months at a time with no bites, even some at 15k above MSRP are sitting for months if they don't have a desirable spec(they have sofa's/steel brakes/low msrp/etc).

New Allocations: A few configurable allocations with a June build/Sept delivery exist at 20k over MSRP. Dealers offering Spyders at MSRP have huge lists and SoCal dealers who are asking 15k above MSRP have a "tiny" list that you can get put at the top for about 15k over when an allocation comes in.
Would you mind PMing me the dealers you talked to in SoCal? Those numbers sound significantly better than the 25-30k ADM I've been quoted by several dealers I've talked to.
Old 03-28-2022 | 04:21 AM
usc
AutoX

Question MSRP GTS - Premier Porsche Dealership?

I'm looking to buy a new GTS and I have found a few dealerships with upcoming allocations but they are asking for a ADM of 20k. Personally that is a little steep for me and I don't know if I can justify it. I read on here that Porsche Premier Dealerships are not allowed to charge ADM. Are there any of these dealerships in California? Is it possible to get a GTS in California with no ADM? I am willing to wait a year, as long as there is no ADM. Any recommended dealerships?
Old 03-28-2022 | 04:26 AM
usc
AutoX

Originally Posted by Panther Driver
Would you mind PMing me the dealers you talked to in SoCal? Those numbers sound significantly better than the 25-30k ADM I've been quoted by several dealers I've talked to.
I've been quoted @ 20k for a GTS in SoCal. Not much better but better haha. PM if interested
Old 03-28-2022 | 07:50 AM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usc
I'm looking to buy a new GTS and I have found a few dealerships with upcoming allocations but they are asking for a ADM of 20k. Personally that is a little steep for me and I don't know if I can justify it. I read on here that Porsche Premier Dealerships are not allowed to charge ADM. Are there any of these dealerships in California? Is it possible to get a GTS in California with no ADM? I am willing to wait a year, as long as there is no ADM. Any recommended dealerships?
I’m having the same problem getting a Birkin Bag.

Old 03-28-2022 | 08:38 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
I’m having the same problem getting a Birkin Bag.

Buy jewellery, houseware….and build up your profile. Are you picky with what you want? If you are, waiting to be offered a specific bag from the store can take a very long time. I have done this journey with my wife. I have heard people lining up outside the Paris store to get a bag. Not sure if Birkin is possible with this method. I also think buying other bags doesn’t count too much towards getting a Birkin either. Unless maybe if you spring for exotic leather.

Or you have to suck it up and pay extra to a re-seller.

The reality is you have to pay to play.

Some info here if you are not already aware of this site. A purse equivalent of RL.

https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/hermes.17/

No different than buying a Macan to try to get a sport car allocation. Or pay ADM.

GL with the hunt.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker