Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 05:13 PM
RoadRacer62
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by smegman;[url=tel:17354777
17354777[/url]]I would guess there is some sort of slow down with the stop sale issue... my dealer did get an allocation for me in march, but I am trying to do PTS and we couldn't do it then, so we're waiting for 2022 MY allocations to come out to attempt to do that, he said probably may or june for them (which does make sense with 3 month build times)... not sure how people are getting 2022 allocations yet
I have a May build coming and I wonder how the stop sale will affect production since some 2021 MY models will need replacement engines to deal with the con-rod issue.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:22 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,865 Likes on 2,182 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadRacer62
I have a May build coming and I wonder how the stop sale will affect production since some 2021 MY models will need replacement engines to deal with the con-rod issue.
Doubtful the line would shut for recall...that would just increase the current ****storm.

Doesn’t mean won’t slow down for external factors like C19 or chip shortage.

Stay in touch with you SA and make sure he transmits any PVSMS V code updates. V260/300 slips to the right from the community would indicate problems.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:30 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,656 Likes on 940 Posts

Originally Posted by Bahnbrenner
It sounds like dealers have been handing out MY22 allocations over the past couple of weeks, which has me wondering....If I haven't gotten a call by now, how thin are my chances for ever getting a car?

I say "ever" because I've also been told that dealers typically receive GT car allocation for a particular model year all at once. I've also been told that they are given allocation quarterly, so I'm a little confused.

Net-Net: I understand that there are production issues and historically high demand, but I'm honestly nearing the point of abandoning my plans. I've aspired/worked towards GT car ownership since I was a kid, and I've patiently waited for long enough. There are a lot of ways one can spend $130K on a car, and lots of cars to choose from. This would be my first Porsche, and at 31 years old, one of many to come.

That is just the perception on the forum with people mis-using terms and making their guesses and calling it fact.

The facts are that an Order Demand is NOT the same thing as an actual allocation with a commission# and build date. As someone else mentioned, what we are seeing are "Order Demand" orders, which are improperly being worded on the forums as an "allocation".

My dealer has said, as has been stated by others and their dealers, that 2022 allocations in the USA have not been released yet. My dealer is a high volume dealer in CA, so they know the game well. CA & FL probably account for 80% of the US market by state.

Last edited by TRZ06; 04-09-2021 at 05:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
nobbyv (04-11-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 05:39 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,762 Likes on 692 Posts

I've heard the same from all local dealers and my SA that is selling me my Spyder. No official allocations that they are aware of yet. They have also been told to expect scarcity and shortages, some of it coming from the chip shortage hitting Porsche. I hope 2022 allocations are plentiful...hell, I may even need to find one due to conrodgate, but it looks like a lean start to the model year is possible.
987SCoupe (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 07:22 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,495 Likes on 833 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JamesBaxter
I got a call from my SA yesterday, but missed it. He left me a voicemail, I returned his call, no answer, left him a voicemail. No call back. Assuming it was for an allocation and he was calling down the list and I missed out...
James,

Just a "Suggestion" make sure your SA has your "Personal" cellphone # ...............

Terry
Old 04-09-2021, 07:30 PM
FourFourTwo
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by TRZ06
That is just the perception on the forum with people mis-using terms and making their guesses and calling it fact.

The facts are that an Order Demand is NOT the same thing as an actual allocation with a commission# and build date. As someone else mentioned, what we are seeing are "Order Demand" orders, which are improperly being worded on the forums as an "allocation".

My dealer has said, as has been stated by others and their dealers, that 2022 allocations in the USA have not been released yet. My dealer is a high volume dealer in CA, so they know the game well. CA & FL probably account for 80% of the US market by state.
I can't speak for MY22 GT4's, but there are US Spyder allocations that have been released. As I've shared before, I have a commission number/V200 date. My V260 (body shop) is planned for 7/23/2021.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:34 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FourFourTwo
I can't speak for MY22 GT4's, but there are US Spyder allocations that have been released. As I've shared before, I have a commission number/V200 date. My V260 (body shop) is planned for 7/23/2021.

Yeah, I have no clue about the Spyder, as I am getting a GT4 and that is all I follow. Are there 2022 Spyder allocations, maybe, but I really don't follow Spyder developments.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:33 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,498 Likes on 2,253 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
James,

Just a "Suggestion" make sure your SA has your "Personal" cellphone # ...............

Terry
I continue to find your use of quotes fascinating Terry.

Randy
Old 04-09-2021, 11:39 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
James,

Terry
Better than that... Just tell you SA if it becomes available, you will take it.
and check in on the regular basis... which shows how interested you really are.

A lot of people put their name on the list and just go dark... the dealer then has to reconfirm if you are still interested.
If you do the above, they already know you want it.

Just my 2 cents.
The following 2 users liked this post by n4v4nod:
tigerhonaker (04-11-2021), Zhao (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 11:42 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

I haven't seen someone post a MY22 GT4 allocation number. There were a couple who said they got one, but when questioned didn't post back with a confirmation, so I'd say they're just being promised an allocation that the dealer knows they're getting but hasn't gotten yet.

My understanding is dealers know if they're getting an allocation or not for the first stage of MY22, but it's all locked and they can't touch them yet.

I don't know Porsche but I know the dealership game from having been in it, and still in touch with it. Right now supply everywhere is lacking. shutdowns, chips, etc, dealers aren't getting the normal supply they want for pretty much anything. Then you have a bunch of people sitting on piles of money because they aren't blowing it on vacations or concerts or gambling or whatever, so all htat's really left is cars, and people with money are buying cars like crazy so demand is way up. lower than normal supply + higher than normal demand = sellers market right now. I sold my Lariat 2 years ago for 6g less than a coworker just bought a XLT that is only a year newer.... and I made money off selling my lariat so it's not like I sold it for cheap cheap. I just talked to the ford dealership we deal with and they are having a crazy time getting anything decent for inventory and when they do it instantly sells. DOdge is the same, one dealer here normally has about 300 rams in inventory, and I think they said right now they have 25.

I'm also next on the list for a GT4, but I also will be very surprised if I get the next allocation. I figure some high roller will bump me by walking in and going just tell me how many options I need to check off to get the next allocation. If I do actually get the next allocation I will be very happy with my dealer, and I know that will definitely translate into a Cayenne or something else boring when I replace my current DD.

My thoughts are this won't last forever... I figure by winter we'll probably see people going nuts with trips after 2 years of no travel, and the car market will be back to normal or even over supplied, so I'm not too worried about an allocation anymore. I also figure we might finally start seeing some negative effects from covid 19 as far as foreclosures and bankruptcies, and that should affect car demand significantly. It also seems like MY23 is a strong possibility with the RS not even being out yet, and the GTS4.0 barely being produced.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:46 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Better than that... Just tell you SA if it becomes available, you will take it.
and check in on the regular basis... which shows how interested you really are.

A lot of people put their name on the list and just go dark... the dealer then has to reconfirm if you are still interested.
If you do the above, they already know you want it.

Just my 2 cents.
That might be a good idea, I'm pretty sure my dealer knows that about me. Keep them up to date with your latest build too. I told my dealer they have a build from me that I would be 100% fine with if it locked today and I was stuck with it.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:09 AM
mnl
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 27 Posts

so a little update on my situation, i found a brand new GT4 [dealer spec] with a spec that's as close to what i would've done if i had got an allocation as i could ever hope for. mostly a few extras i would've skipped and missing really just two i would've liked [chalk seat belts & black calipers] but no deal breakers.
called my local dealer to check in on my status on the waitlist and they said they were expecting several allocations over the last month or two and have got none at all, they even stopped taking deposits for more interested people thinking they likely won't be able to fill the requests. so between this brand new car being so close to what i wanted, and me getting nervous about potentially never getting an allocation if i just kept waiting i decided to go for it and buy the one i found. it did end up being a bit higher than i was planning but i figured if i'm going for it buying a GT4, may as well go all out 😂 just got done with the more complicated stuff around getting approved for the loan [ended up being much more complicated than i expected, my credit history is only credit cards, this is my first loan] and now will be doing the paperwork on monday. very excited!!
tigerhonaker (04-11-2021)
Old 04-11-2021, 01:18 AM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mnl
so a little update on my situation, i found a brand new GT4 [dealer spec] with a spec that's as close to what i would've done if i had got an allocation as i could ever hope for. mostly a few extras i would've skipped and missing really just two i would've liked [chalk seat belts & black calipers] but no deal breakers.
called my local dealer to check in on my status on the waitlist and they said they were expecting several allocations over the last month or two and have got none at all, they even stopped taking deposits for more interested people thinking they likely won't be able to fill the requests. so between this brand new car being so close to what i wanted, and me getting nervous about potentially never getting an allocation if i just kept waiting i decided to go for it and buy the one i found. it did end up being a bit higher than i was planning but i figured if i'm going for it buying a GT4, may as well go all out 😂 just got done with the more complicated stuff around getting approved for the loan [ended up being much more complicated than i expected, my credit history is only credit cards, this is my first loan] and now will be doing the paperwork on monday. very excited!!

CONGRATS!!!

What are the specs?
Old 04-11-2021, 01:34 AM
mnl
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TRZ06
CONGRATS!!!

What are the specs?
thank you!!

it's pretty close to top spec, the main stuff is: chalk, PDLS+, black wheels, ceramic breaks, satin logo, buckets seats, carbon trim, yellow marker on the steering wheel, carplay, bose, light design package, 2 zone AC, luggage net and smoking package, dimming and folding mirrors, aluminum fuel cap, and lots of leather with silver stitching [not quite everything like the steering column, but most of it]

stuff i would've skipped:
white dial chrono package: its okay but not sure ill give it use, still not sure if ill ever track it [does sound fun tho! so maybe]
fire extinguisher: might just take it out myself if its too much of a bother for the passenger
PC navigation: don't think i need it since ill be using carplay
black door handles: prefer body color but they actually look pretty good too
illuminated carbon door sills: i love everything carbon so i actually love this one, but its pricy, i think i probably would've saved the $1.2k if i was speccing it myself
Old 04-11-2021, 02:26 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by mnl
thank you!!

it's pretty close to top spec, the main stuff is: chalk, PDLS+, black wheels, ceramic breaks, satin logo, buckets seats, carbon trim, yellow marker on the steering wheel, carplay, bose, light design package, 2 zone AC, luggage net and smoking package, dimming and folding mirrors, aluminum fuel cap, and lots of leather with silver stitching [not quite everything like the steering column, but most of it]

stuff i would've skipped:
white dial chrono package: its okay but not sure ill give it use, still not sure if ill ever track it [does sound fun tho! so maybe]
fire extinguisher: might just take it out myself if its too much of a bother for the passenger
PC navigation: don't think i need it since ill be using carplay
black door handles: prefer body color but they actually look pretty good too
illuminated carbon door sills: i love everything carbon so i actually love this one, but its pricy, i think i probably would've saved the $1.2k if i was speccing it myself
Sounds like small differences, congrats on a worthy future track purchase!

Make sure we get some pictures of the new toy in the Chalk thread!

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker