Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 12:12 PM
scottpez13
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Probably because the VA has a CXX at zero.

That’s a lot of beans for a non PTS example.
what is CXX?
Old 03-18-2021, 12:24 PM
Matthew Cuomo
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by scottpez13
what is CXX?
It is the Porsche Exclusive Option code.
Feel free to DM me if you want a more detailed explanation.
Matt
Old 03-18-2021, 12:28 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by mjw930
You guys are a trip. There's not a damn thing wrong with that spec. In fact, there's not a damn thing wrong with a zero spec GT4. You rag on someone for picking NAV when there are literally thousands of posts on here about deviated stitching and paint to sample. LOL

What's even more amusing is 5 years down the road that $140K spec car with PTS, PCCB, Carbon Buckets, contrast stitching, etc. etc. will sell for about $5K more than this $106K build.
This, all day and twice on Sunday.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:38 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 845 Likes on 442 Posts

You guys are a trip. There's not a damn thing wrong with that spec. In fact, there's not a damn thing wrong with a zero spec GT4. You rag on someone for picking NAV when there are literally thousands of posts on here about deviated stitching and paint to sample. LOL

What's even more amusing is 5 years down the road that $140K spec car with PTS, PCCB, Carbon Buckets, contrast stitching, etc. etc. will sell for about $5K more than this $106K build.
I haven't seen any 981 spyder/gt4 with pts/pccb etc selling for 5k over a poverty spec one(which probably is going for 75k-80k today?)
Old 03-18-2021, 09:17 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,805 Likes on 986 Posts

haha I'm sure the guy who speced that would rag on it too because he likely didn't pick it up , and if he did then he doesn't care about what we think because he's busy driving it. Everyone ragged on that python green red roof classic interior build too.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:03 PM
997usa
Burning Brakes

Received 532 Likes on 271 Posts

Looking for a GTS 4.0 allocation. If someone knows of one, where I can spec, please advise via dm.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:59 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Zhao
haha I'm sure the guy who speced that would rag on it too because he likely didn't pick it up , and if he did then he doesn't care about what we think because he's busy driving it. Everyone ragged on that python green red roof classic interior build too.
Not sure why you’re concluding that’s not a dealer car. Some dealers do spec low option cars for inventory.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:03 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Not sure why you’re concluding that’s not a dealer car. Some dealers do spec low option cars for inventory.
+1. A low spec (therefore low price) car is much easier to sell than a highly spec'd car and the last thing a dealer wants is a car that sits on the floor for weeks or even months.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:20 AM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,805 Likes on 986 Posts

My conclusion was they'd have to be drowning in GT allocations to spec it like that. Around here if its a 718 or a 911 and a dealer spec, it's bloated. The most strippy strip stripper GT4 I've seen at a dealer in Canada in the last 12 months was still 7g in options and was actually a covid abandonment. My understanding is you do not get brownie points with Porsche for selling GT cars as strippers.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:15 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Yeah I don’t think you understand reality. Many dealers spec low option GT cars from time to time to catch that segment of the buyer pool. It’s not that uncommon.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:19 AM
mnl
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm looking to get a GT4, got on the waitlist at my local dealer and last I checked I was 6th or 7th in line. what's the overall feeling for how long they'll keep building these cars? I honestly don't mind the wait, but the dealer said they couldn't really guarantee a car since Porsche may or may not stop making them before I get my spot… would you say i'm okay to keep waiting, or should i just go and try to find something used that's close to the spec i want?
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 01:41 AM
Reedy
Burning Brakes

Received 1,081 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by mnl
I'm looking to get a GT4, got on the waitlist at my local dealer and last I checked I was 6th or 7th in line. what's the overall feeling for how long they'll keep building these cars? I honestly don't mind the wait, but the dealer said they couldn't really guarantee a car since Porsche may or may not stop making them before I get my spot… would you say i'm okay to keep waiting, or should i just go and try to find something used that's close to the spec i want?
I’d stay in line and then grab anything suitable that pops up in the meantime. The supply situation in the US sounds like a complete mess.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:03 AM
ms4523
3rd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reedy
I’d stay in line and then grab anything suitable that pops up in the meantime. The supply situation in the US sounds like a complete mess.
I would completely agree. I hopped on a waitlist for a BGTS back in January and am still waiting. I imagine that the GT4 wait would be even longer. I wound up getting a “close to” spec car last week in the meantime. And while I had to pay to have it delivered from an out of state dealership, I am really glad I did it. Nothing beats “seat time” while waiting to spec mine out. I wasn’t sure what 2022 will bring relating to the combo I wanted (4.0L with a manual trans), so I wanted to make sure I got one now, regardless of what other options I got in addition.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:09 AM
edub
Pro

Received 347 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by mnl
Put your name and deposit in with as many dealers as you can find that has a short list. Thats basically the name of the game. Or find a broker who can aggregate allocations and find you something (basically doing the same thing I suggested)

Old 03-29-2021, 08:07 AM
718JetGuy
AutoX

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I fully agree with all the other comments, stay on your lists that you put your name on and then look at whats available on the dealership floors. I had my name on 5 lists. I was fortunate in timing to have gotten a Spyder allocation through dumb luck when someone dropped out and no one else was on the list. I just happened to drop an email inquiry with a SA that I met earlier in January. He told me as of that day their Spyder allocation became available and if I wanted it would be mine. I gave him a deposit immediately over the phone and the rest is history. Crazy. Expecting a late summer delivery. I will have to pay for out of state shipping but at least I will get one with the options that I am interested in. I feel very lucky. I would hang in their , the GT4 is a great car, something will come your way.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker