Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 07:31 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by Illusive991
Actually the first line states its at Zuffenhausen which would be consistent with the 911 and Boxster/Spyder construction in the photos: "The online “My Porsche” platform is now becoming even more attractive: the new “Behind the Scenes” function gives customers an exclusive insight into production at the sports car manufacturer in Zuffenhausen."

Of course you could also read that first line as to reference Porsche as the sports car manufacturer in Zuffenhausen and not the factory itself.

I'm in for service tomorrow, so hoping for a positive update on my build and will ask them if this is something that's available right now for the GT4. Would be really cool to see pictures of my build throughout the process!
Isn't your build complete already? Or do you think they will have build photo's going back a few weeks?
Old 05-20-2020, 07:34 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Isn't your build complete already? Or do you think they will have build photo's going back a few weeks?
TBH I have no idea where my build sits today...been sitting on my hands trying not to bug my SA for an update for two weeks haha. Last update was the week they restarted production which yielded no real change. I'd much rather have the car finished and on the way to or at Emden than the photos at this point. But still, would be neat to have something like those sample pics in the press release for the home office wall!

I'm cautiously optimistic but also not holding my breath that there will be any new actual dates on my build sheet. I wonder if as part of the COVID precautions, they took the time to install these cameras on the line with no activity; if that's the case, they would probably have photos of vehicles once the factory started up again!
Old 05-20-2020, 07:37 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

These quotes from the Newsroom article seem to indicate otherwise:

Originally Posted by SToronto
It didn't say Zuffenhausen for production photos. Just an employee based in Zuffenhausen was quoted. Few lines is just states 718 sports cars.

I emailed my dealer to find out how I can get these. My build is not in the My Porsche portal.
05/19/2020The online “My Porsche” platform is now becoming even more attractive: the new “Behind the Scenes” function gives customers an exclusive insight into production at the sports car manufacturer in Zuffenhausen.

Originally Posted by SToronto
The build app is US only. The production photos are available in Canada, email dealer said Porsche Newsroom through DM.
The application will be available first for new car customers from USA, Germany, Great Britain, Canada, Switzerland as well as Spain.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:54 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,178 Likes on 773 Posts

Actually the first line states its at Zuffenhausen which would be consistent with the 911 and Boxster/Spyder construction in the photos: "The online “My Porsche” platform is now becoming even more attractive: the new “Behind the Scenes” function gives customers an exclusive insight into production at the sports car manufacturer in Zuffenhausen."

Of course you could also read that first line as to reference Porsche as the sports car manufacturer in Zuffenhausen and not the factory itself.

I'm in for service tomorrow, so hoping for a positive update on my build and will ask them if this is something that's available right now for the GT4. Would be really cool to see pictures of my build throughout the process!
That's the way I took it, Zuffenhausen is basically HQ. They also reference 718 sports cars, so wherever they are made. Zuffenhausen only makes Spyders, right?

Let's see what info you get. I haven't heard back yet.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:55 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

These quotes from the Newsroom article seem to indicate otherwise:05/19/2020The online “My Porsche” platform is now becoming even more attractive: the new “Behind the Scenes” function gives customers an exclusive insight into production at the sports car manufacturer in Zuffenhausen.The application will be available first for new car customers from USA, Germany, Great Britain, Canada, Switzerland as well as Spain.
Sorry I was referencing Track Your Dream app, this shows your build timeline. US has this now, nowhere else. Save us all from contacting the sales rep. I thought that's what you were talking about.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:03 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

TBH I have no idea where my build sits today...been sitting on my hands trying not to bug my SA for an update for two weeks haha. Last update was the week they restarted production which yielded no real change. I'd much rather have the car finished and on the way to or at Emden than the photos at this point. But still, would be neat to have something like those sample pics in the press release for the home office wall!

I'm cautiously optimistic but also not holding my breath that there will be any new actual dates on my build sheet. I wonder if as part of the COVID precautions, they took the time to install these cameras on the line with no activity; if that's the case, they would probably have photos of vehicles once the factory started up again!
Updates, something we all wish were easier to obtain!

Regarding some production pictures, that would be cool, below is what I tried to do...

Unfortunately I was told that this option is not currently available (I asked ), see this link for more details, this post and one five below it have some great examples. https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post15554058

Old 05-20-2020, 09:01 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

I had come close to pulling the trigger on that book for the GT3. $1790 Euros, other than payment your car needs to have certain dollar amount of CXX. Came close because I couldn't do ED. But in the end couldn't justify the cost.

Doing research on the quality, some folks ended up with not so great books lacking photos. But most seemed pleased.

Probably not available now because it's an outside contractor.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:41 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

GT4 is now V270 and exited production as of yesterday (May 20th). Updated my expected date for V300 to tomorrow, the 22nd, assume entry to Emden will be updated once it hits V300 (still on May 29th). Everything else remains the same except for leaving Emden on June 12th. Speaking with the guys here at PCC, sounds like production is up and running at a good pace and cars are getting completed in a timely manner, however the big bottleneck seems to be shipping out of Emden as we've been tracking on here. No indication from Porsche Canada when the first boat to Halifax will be scheduled. If it's true that it'll be in a weeks time, there's a chance I'll be on it as well!
The following users liked this post:
rcherry (05-23-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 02:53 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

GT4 is now V270 and exited production as of yesterday (May 20th). Updated my expected date for V300 to tomorrow, the 22nd, assume entry to Emden will be updated once it hits V300 (still on May 29th). Everything else remains the same except for leaving Emden on June 12th. Speaking with the guys here at PCC, sounds like production is up and running at a good pace and cars are getting completed in a timely manner, however the big bottleneck seems to be shipping out of Emden as we've been tracking on here. No indication from Porsche Canada when the first boat to Halifax will be scheduled. If it's true that it'll be in a weeks time, there's a chance I'll be on it as well!
Cool, that's good news about completion!

Check out the "Emden Next Stop..." thread for the latest rumours!

Last edited by Westcoast; 05-21-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:11 PM
toshibaraki
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ilusive, Come visit WC and myself in Victoria, BC with your GT4 when the COVID19 travel ban(?) is lifted! We have the best scenic drives here.

Last edited by toshibaraki; 05-21-2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: forgot name
Old 05-21-2020, 03:13 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toshibaraki
Come visit WC and myself in Victoria, BC with your GT4 when the COVID19 travel ban(?) is lifted! We have the best scenic drives here.
@toshibaraki So what's the latest status on your car?
Old 05-21-2020, 03:16 PM
toshibaraki
Track Day

@toshibaraki So what's the latest status on your car?
July 10th delivery date. You?
Old 05-21-2020, 03:21 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

July 10th delivery date. You?
No recent update from the team only a V270 (completion) date of March 12th.

I have fingers crossed that it is in Emden waiting for a boat right now...
Old 05-21-2020, 03:30 PM
toshibaraki
Track Day

No recent update from the team only a V270 (completion) date of March 12th.

I have fingers crossed that it is in Emden waiting for a boat right now...
Hmmm..... I was at V313 last time I checked.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:49 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

April 3rd v331. Maybe our cars will be on the same boat?
Hmmm..... I was at V313 last time I checked.
Assuming you mean V331 here? (Entry Port Emden)

Our V331 'was' the same before, but yours a GT4 and mine a Spyder... When did you check?, my last update was a week ago.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker