Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 04:11 PM
*LongFella81
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by smegman
well it says 69 cars so... doesn't seem that big an issue
Possibly, but this was only for the LA Region. Not sure if the other regions received the same/similar notification.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:04 PM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

Received 754 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by smegman
well it says 69 cars so... doesn't seem that big an issue
Nice.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:09 PM
FourFourTwo
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhao
I thought it was confirmed from sources at multiple dealers saying they are getting MY22 allocations but they aren't being unlocked until MY22 is on the config on mar 29 or something.
Correct... and 2022 Spyder builds supposed to begin in July.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:08 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Well there you go, I guess it 'official' then...
Old 03-10-2021, 04:53 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

I just got to thank Rob OWEN at Riverside Porsche for securing me an Allocation. There weren't any allocations left but he said he would submit an "order demand" to Germany then less than two months later he confirmed an allocation for me. I gave him a 2lb box of see's chocolates for his efforts. Whether it was a cancellation or not I have no Idea, but it wouldn't happen with out Rob Owen going the extra mile for me. Thank you Rob and Riverside Porsche.
The following 3 users liked this post by jeanrabelais:
bpeacock (03-10-2021), michaeldorian (06-16-2021), tigerhonaker (03-11-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 06:21 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
I just got to thank Rob OWEN at Riverside Porsche for securing me an Allocation. There weren't any allocations left but he said he would submit an "order demand" to Germany then less than two months later he confirmed an allocation for me. I gave him a 2lb box of see's chocolates for his efforts. Whether it was a cancellation or not I have no Idea, but it wouldn't happen with out Rob Owen going the extra mile for me. Thank you Rob and Riverside Porsche.
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, and it's great that you like your salesperson...but my understanding is that this is the process for EVERYONE. Porsche doesn't know a particular dealer has someone interested in an allocation for a specific model until there is an order demand entered. That still doesn't mean it will become an allocation (though obviously in your case it did). I'm sure he appreciates the chocolates though!
Old 03-10-2021, 07:22 PM
VT Skier
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 20 Posts

My dealer put in an order demand for me over two months ago, but they got skunked, again, last week. I don't know what effect the order had, if any. All they could say was "we're confident we'll get an allocation at some point this year", which is what they had said for two months, but reading everything here I got nervous that I wouldn't get a BGTS 4.0 at all.

So I took some advice from a very helpful member (thanks again Alex!), contacted two dealers and got very lucky.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:42 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 238 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Wife's build is locked.

The following 5 users liked this post by BA73:
bpeacock (03-11-2021), IrrationalCPA (03-11-2021), IrwinMFletcher (03-10-2021), Paiceyfan (03-10-2021), westcoastj (03-18-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 11:44 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by nobbyv
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, and it's great that you like your salesperson...but my understanding is that this is the process for EVERYONE. Porsche doesn't know a particular dealer has someone interested in an allocation for a specific model until there is an order demand entered. That still doesn't mean it will become an allocation (though obviously in your case it did). I'm sure he appreciates the chocolates though!
I had a couple dealerships helping me out and Mr. Owen Came through for me and I just want to thank him here is all. Didn't mean anything other than to thank him for getting it done for me. No parade here. Just props to an SA at Riverside Porsche.
The following 2 users liked this post by jeanrabelais:
BA73 (03-10-2021), IrrationalCPA (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 01:53 AM
Reedy
Burning Brakes

Received 1,096 Likes on 481 Posts

I feel you you American folk. I put a deposit down 3 weeks ago for my GT4 and today got my build date locked in with V300 date. May build for August delivery. I have never bought a Porsche before, had never even set foot in my local dealer which I have been driving past for the last 15 years and asking myself “what if” every single day.

I asked my Sales guy why it was so easy and he said that the RHD cars have different production allocations and have nowhere near the supply issues that the US is seeing.

Turns out Australia is an alright place to be for more than just COVID related reasons these days. I am literally shaking with excitement right now.

Last edited by Reedy; 03-11-2021 at 02:43 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Reedy:
IrrationalCPA (03-11-2021), RoadRacer62 (03-11-2021), rp2000r (03-11-2021), tigerhonaker (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 06:33 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,866 Likes on 2,183 Posts

Its been my observation that getting late in-cycle allocations, regardless of method, are the product of a good SA and dealership.

If it was easy or for “EVERYONE” we wouldn’t have a thread like this with 1900 posts...lol.

Lighten up; this is the allocation tracker thread...OP got an allocation, congrats!
Old 03-11-2021, 09:24 AM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Its been my observation that getting late in-cycle allocations, regardless of method, are the product of a good SA and dealership.

If it was easy or for “EVERYONE” we wouldn’t have a thread like this with 1900 posts...lol.

Lighten up; this is the allocation tracker thread...OP got an allocation, congrats!
As I said, I didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade. However, there is a lot of misinformation in this thread. The post I replied to suggested that their SA went above and beyond to get an allocation by entering an "order demand", as if this was a special procedure. I think we can all agree that it helps no one if people reading through this thread came across this post and started to think to themselves "What the heck, why hasn't MY sales associate entered an order demand? They must not want to get me a car!"

It's great they got an allocation. I just thought it would be helpful to point out what is typical and what is not so people can manage their expectations appropriately.
The following users liked this post:
LnC993 (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 11:39 AM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 563 Likes on 308 Posts

Got my commission # last night for a '21 Spyder - w00t! Order placed 3/9, "Planned" delivery date 7/23.

Doing a simple(ish) build. White on black. Silver wheels.

Cost options:
- Sport buckets
- LED headlights
- CarPlay
- Nav (because I hate how you get a NAV button and an error message on the screen)
- Dual-zone climate control (hate the "base" controls where it takes 2000 clicks to bump the fan speed 1/4 of the way)
- Heated steering wheel (don't care about "heat" but I regularly use the phone and joker button in my Cayenne and figure this will keep the fingerprints down on the touchscreen)

Free options:
- Black aluminum trim
- Summer tires vs. Cup2's
- Smoking package
- Luggage net in footwell

I'd have skipped the NAV if the infotainment was more like the PCM 3.1 setup (where, no Nav means no Nav button.) It just really really bugs me to have the button, and no functionality, And the default climate control is so cumbersome (had a 981 with the base climate control). Drove me bonkers to use it. (I know, I know, first world problems lol) But right now anyways, I plan to literally keep this car forever. Been sucked into the benefits of CPO for so long, it's really hard to justify paying new when I can let someone else take the hit AND get a better warranty. But "ordering new" is a bucket list thing PLUS I got to do it at the dealer where I literally used to ride my bicycle to as a kid.... a planned relocation next year will make that nearly impossible.

Going to try to lock in financing right away as I don't expect rates will go DOWN at all.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:45 AM
LnC993
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts

As I said, I didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade. However, there is a lot of misinformation in this thread. The post I replied to suggested that their SA went above and beyond to get an allocation by entering an "order demand", as if this was a special procedure. I think we can all agree that it helps no one if people reading through this thread came across this post and started to think to themselves "What the heck, why hasn't MY sales associate entered an order demand? They must not want to get me a car!"

It's great they got an allocation. I just thought it would be helpful to point out what is typical and what is not so people can manage their expectations appropriately.
Exactly.

When I place my deposit, my SA immediately place a “order demand” and I’m at V70 status. They all did this when the wait list is not that long and there’s a real chance the “order demand” will be filled. I believe PCNA also asked dealers to file Order Demand so they can have an more accurate picture of the demand of said model. Only when the waiting list got too big and there no real chance for the dealer to get enough allocations, dealer/SA don’t bother to fill out that Order Demand request.

Last edited by LnC993; 03-11-2021 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:24 PM
RoadRacer62
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LnC993
Exactly.

When I place my deposit, my SA immediately place a “order demand” and I’m at V70 status. They all did this when the wait list is not that long and there’s a real chance the “order demand” will be filled. I believe PCNA also asked dealers to file Order Demand so they can have an more accurate picture of the demand of said model. Only when the waiting list got too big and there no real chance for the dealer to get enough allocations, dealer/SA don’t bother to fill out that Order Demand request.
With my SA, I didn’t put a deposit when he did an order demand. Only when there was an allocation with a commission number attached that I had to put a deposit. So which dealer you choose makes a difference.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker