Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 12:33 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by scottpez13
Where did Porsche officially announce 2022 MY production?
just repeating what my SA said hence the word "apparently"
Old 03-09-2021, 12:38 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by smegman
just repeating what my SA said hence the word "apparently"
Thanks for the context, although not what most of us would consider 'official' information... but he has a 50/50 chance of being correct.

I have my Spyder so for me it is more a matter of interest, timing was best for me when I hopped on board, sure ordering the final version would be nice but not the deciding factor for most, getting one in the driveway that was built to my spec was.
The following users liked this post:
tigerhonaker (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 12:47 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Thanks for the context, although not what most of us would consider 'official' information... but he has a 50/50 chance of being correct.

I have my Spyder so for me it is more a matter of interest, timing was best for me when I hopped on board, sure ordering the final version would be nice but not the deciding factor for most, getting one in the driveway that was built to my spec was.

Yeah i just want a PTS Gt4, if I can't get that this next round I can order one in regular spec or just buy one off a lot I guess... or buy something else entirely, not really a big deal to me as I just picked up a 964 to keep me busy until gt4 day arrives
Old 03-09-2021, 12:47 PM
RoadRacer62
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by *LongFella81
Hey everyone! New to the forum, but long time Porsche owner. Signed up to see if you all could help...

I put a deposit down to hold and buy a 2021 GT4 (dealer allocation I believe). Spec'd nicely and it wasn't taken. The same night, I get a call back from the SA saying PCNA issued a "stop sale" on several 718's, 911's, and Taycan's. What are the odds?!?!? Took me several weeks to find a GT4 I liked that wasn't already sold, spoken for, or allocated somewhere else.

My question to you all: Does anybody know any details about the "stop sale" in the LA Region? Is ti only LA Region?

Based on the notification, I would think more 718's are effected by this and not just limited to 64 vehicles in the LA Region Area. There are a couple more GT4's at other LA Region Dealers that where on the list (I got a copy of that too).

For now, I am waiting on updates from my SA and PCNA in Atlanta. My GT4 is sitting in the service area waiting...
Thanks in advance for ALL the insights and help. Apologize in advance if this is not the right place/thread. I blame it on being a noob...

Edit: Notification of stop sale was on February 26, 2021

I saw this so far but pertains to older models:

https://carbuzz.com/news/porsche-has...-emissions-bug

Last edited by RoadRacer62; 03-09-2021 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

I thought it was confirmed from sources at multiple dealers saying they are getting MY22 allocations but they aren't being unlocked until MY22 is on the config on mar 29 or something.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:11 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zhao
I thought it was confirmed from sources at multiple dealers saying they are getting MY22 allocations but they aren't being unlocked until MY22 is on the config on mar 29 or something.
Possibly, if this is true then we should have reports of allocations at the end of this month... that would be nice for those looking at that cycle.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:14 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smegman
Yeah i just want a PTS Gt4, if I can't get that this next round I can order one in regular spec or just buy one off a lot I guess... or buy something else entirely, not really a big deal to me as I just picked up a 964 to keep me busy until gt4 day arrives
Most here are more set on getting a GT4/Spyder/GTS 4.0, I know that I was, nothing else was even up for consideration, it had to be a NA 4.0l Spyder or I would have kept my modified 2016 Boxster GTS.

I would think that the 964 would be a keeper too?
Old 03-09-2021, 01:15 PM
*LongFella81
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadRacer62
I saw this so far but pertains to older models:

https://carbuzz.com/news/porsche-has...-emissions-bug
I noticed that one too. The Stop Sale Notification specifically calls out suspension lock nuts and bolt issues
Old 03-09-2021, 01:19 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Most here are more set on getting a GT4/Spyder/GTS 4.0, I know that I was, nothing else was even up for consideration, it had to be a NA 4.0l Spyder or I would have kept my modified 2016 Boxster GTS.

I would think that the 964 would be a keeper too?
Yeah the 964 is a keeper, the V8 Vantage is going away after 4.5 years of ownership

wish I had a 6 car garage lol
Old 03-09-2021, 01:25 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 288 Posts

I had no idea there was this kind of demand for these cars when I picked up mine. I just thought about the car for maybe a year since I wasn't even driving anywhere... I was about to just sell my Camaro at that point and pick up a cheap hatchback. Knowing Miami Blue was a discontinued color and having the options I wanted the most I knew I would regret walking out of the dealership without it... especially when they showed me there weren't allocations at the time.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:28 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 563 Likes on 308 Posts

Hey everyone! New to the forum, but long time Porsche owner. Signed up to see if you all could help...

I put a deposit down to hold and buy a 2021 GT4 (dealer allocation I believe). Spec'd nicely and it wasn't taken. The same night, I get a call back from the SA saying PCNA issued a "stop sale" on several 718's, 911's, and Taycan's. What are the odds?!?!? Took me several weeks to find a GT4 I liked that wasn't already sold, spoken for, or allocated somewhere else.

My question to you all: Does anybody know any details about the "stop sale" in the LA Region? Is ti only LA Region?

Based on the notification, I would think more 718's are effected by this and not just limited to 64 vehicles in the LA Region Area. There are a couple more GT4's at other LA Region Dealers that where on the list (I got a copy of that too).

For now, I am waiting on updates from my SA and PCNA in Atlanta. My GT4 is sitting in the service area waiting...
Thanks in advance for ALL the insights and help. Apologize in advance if this is not the right place/thread. I blame it on being a noob...

Edit: Notification of stop sale was on February 26, 2021

I wonder if this is tied to the same stop-sale of 2013-2016 model year Sport Chrono-equipped PDK cars?
Old 03-09-2021, 01:32 PM
*LongFella81
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by daaa nope
I wonder if this is tied to the same stop-sale of 2013-2016 model year Sport Chrono-equipped PDK cars?
Read the "overview" section of the notice: it is suspension related.

Makes you wonder how widespread the issue is...
Old 03-09-2021, 01:40 PM
VT Skier
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhao
I have been told the same thing, by SAs at two dealerships. I also think one of the reviews of the Spyder (Top Gear?) said something to the effect of "Porsche believes the emissions controls will allow the car to be sold at least until 2024".

No idea if my memory is correct, or whether that's true, or whether production would even last that long.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:24 PM
JamesBaxter
Rennlist Member

Received 219 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by VT Skier
I have been told the same thing, by SAs at two dealerships. I also think one of the reviews of the Spyder (Top Gear?) said something to the effect of "Porsche believes the emissions controls will allow the car to be sold at least until 2024".

No idea if my memory is correct, or whether that's true, or whether production would even last that long.
Considering the 718 is the same platform as the 981, selling them until 2024 would make the platform over a decade old. I find it hard to believe, but I could also see Porsche doing it just because it sells well.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:57 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Read the "overview" section of the notice: it is suspension related.

Makes you wonder how widespread the issue is...
well it says 69 cars so... doesn't seem that big an issue

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker