GT350

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 12:09 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Great post and attitude!
I absolutely agree with your analogy! And that is a good thing IMO! As a previous poster said,you can't buy better performance for this money! Look,I'm not a " hater ",I just think many on this forum try to be political correct. I am not always PC and I don't have many " fans ",but people that have not seen this car and read these pages perhaps need to hear the other side of the story as well. I mean...who's feeding the ADM frenzy for this car?! Seriously! And same goes for Porsche GT cars... People need to get real!
I would have no problem buying a GT350 and daily drive it. I'm sure it's great! But people need to realize what they're getting into and why it costs less. There's ALWAYS a reason! Just be prepared and you won't have any regrets for sure!
Comparing the interior of a $60k car with a $200k car and expecting awesomeness is hilarious. The GT350, Camaro SS1LE, C7Z51, are more bang for the $$ than the current crop of Porsche GT cars. IMHO

Peter
Old 04-18-2017, 12:35 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Ford had something to prove with the GT350 and it shows and to add on Peter's point why is someone on here telling me I need to "realize what i'm getting into" ???

I got into what is easily one of the greatest sports coupes built in the last 25 years with one of the greatest engines currently in production.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:38 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Comparing the interior of a $60k car with a $200k car and expecting awesomeness is hilarious. The GT350, Camaro SS1LE, C7Z51, are more bang for the $$ than the current crop of Porsche GT cars. IMHO

Peter
Right. The thing is they can do a bit better. Just a bit. I hate to be the one pointing this out again,but there were similar priced vehicles at the Auto Show with much better interiors. Sure,those do not have a high performance engine,transmission,differential and brakes. So Ford's money went there. Again,understandable! But : charge just a tiny bit more and use slightly better plastics. Ditch the seats that you sit on top of,like on a park bench,for seats that you sit in. Do something about that clutch(that is very easy to do) and tighten up the shifter. Lose some weight. Done. It will be perfect.
Once again,the car's great for the money and Ford is the only US manufacturer I'd consider for any model. I'd take this over a Chevy Corvette any day!
Old 04-18-2017, 08:08 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 124 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Right. The thing is they can do a bit better. Just a bit. I hate to be the one pointing this out again,but there were similar priced vehicles at the Auto Show with much better interiors. Sure,those do not have a high performance engine,transmission,differential and brakes. So Ford's money went there. Again,understandable! But : charge just a tiny bit more and use slightly better plastics. Ditch the seats that you sit on top of,like on a park bench,for seats that you sit in. Do something about that clutch(that is very easy to do) and tighten up the shifter. Lose some weight. Done. It will be perfect.
Once again,the car's great for the money and Ford is the only US manufacturer I'd consider for any model. I'd take this over a Chevy Corvette any day!
In a way I agree they could have done more.

Me being tall the seats are a tad to high. But, the recaros are some of the best dual purpose seats I've been in. Super comfortable for long drives and held me in way better than 4 way or 18 way Porsche seats on track.

The clutch feel is terrible on track but perfect for street driving.
I care less about interior plastic and more about engine.
Ford have been smart to upgrade everything you touch. Steering wheel and shifter feels nice. And like said the seat is very good.
I like the greater weight of a the car on the road and hate it on track.

This car is built for the driving enthusiast that drives his car every day and tracks a couple of weekends per year.

If I could only own one car the gt350 would be a good car to get.

Does everything well and has an engine that makes your hair stand up in your neck.

If Porsche makes a 4.0l gt4rs @ $120k I'm buying that. Not for the fancy interior. For the engine.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:59 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 78 Posts

This clutch took me about 8 minutes to fix. If I did it again today, it would take 3.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:48 PM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

165 pages on a Ford in a Porsche forum is pretty impressive. I'm picking up a 17 GT350R in a few weeks and can't wait! One of my first "upgrades" is adding the backseat package for $850 so kiddos get to school in style, then a bit of track prep. All with FULL warranty- should be hoot!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:19 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by etchhead
165 pages on a Ford in a Porsche forum is pretty impressive. I'm picking up a 17 GT350R in a few weeks and can't wait! One of my first "upgrades" is adding the backseat package for $850 so kiddos get to school in style, then a bit of track prep. All with FULL warranty- should be hoot!
Does the dealer add the back seat - that's the all in cost with labor?

I thought I read somewhere you could option one with the back seat now, but didn't know you could add one after the fact.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:34 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Brought home my new Race Red R yesterday.... wow this is 3x better than my non-R!

Old 04-21-2017, 09:00 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Ford announced yesterday production will continue for MY18, they will hit the showrooms in the fall. Must be a good seller. ADM is still around $5k in the mid Atlantic.

http://performance.ford.com/enthusia...id=FP_FASTNEWS
Old 04-21-2017, 10:45 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
Brought home my new Race Red R yesterday.... wow this is 3x better than my non-R!
Please - say more!
Old 04-21-2017, 11:19 AM
Para82
Race Car

Congrats Bossing - love Race Red on the 350R - reminds me of the Goodwood Festival UK 350R the Stig drove.

3X as better though? This I gotta hear....
Old 04-21-2017, 11:24 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Para82
Congrats Bossing - love Race Red on the 350R - reminds me of the Goodwood Festival UK 350R the Stig drove.

3X as better though? This I gotta hear....
Yes.... 3x IMO. Remember I had a 2015 non-R Track pack car....

vis-à-vis:
1) Sound.... due to the R lacking resonators, the exhaust sounds more raw and better (more aggressive, louder, cold start is like the apocalypse)
2) Grip/balance (Cup2 tires obviously, lighter feel due to less unpsrung weight, R's MRide tuning feels sportier even in normal mode)
3) Rarity/limited/desirability plus the R has more aggressive style & looks the part and hey it's an R after all... so oh yeah those CF wheels. Nuff said.

Capiche?
Old 04-21-2017, 11:36 AM
Para82
Race Car

Yes.... 3x IMO. Remember I had a 2015 non-R Track pack car....

vis-à-vis:
1) Sound.... due to the R lacking resonators, the exhaust sounds more raw and better (more aggressive, louder, cold start is like the apocalypse)
2) Grip/balance (Cup2 tires obviously, lighter feel due to less unpsrung weight, R's MRide tuning feels sportier even in normal mode)
3) Rarity/limited/desirability plus the R has more aggressive style & looks the part and hey it's an R after all... so oh yeah those CF wheels. Nuff said.

Capiche?

Ahhhh ok.

Well I paid my local shop 80 bucks to remove the resonators so you and I have matching exhaust now, I paid 1,300 for a set of Michelin cup tires (that made the track performance twice as good - grip is now right up there with the extreme power and suspension) the MPSS are no match for this car on a track.

Feeling better now
Old 04-21-2017, 12:04 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Para82
Ahhhh ok.

Well I paid my local shop 80 bucks to remove the resonators so you and I have matching exhaust now, I paid 1,300 for a set of Michelin cup tires (that made the track performance twice as good - grip is now right up there with the extreme power and suspension) the MPSS are no match for this car on a track.

Feeling better now
Yup... that's exactly a good alternative to get close to the R. Reso delete, upgrade to Cup 2's, and even R coil springs may help... also lighter wheels than the stock non-R ones... R's CF weight wheels are ~18 lbs. Remove rear seats on yours... increase downforce via aftermarket F & R spoilers. And voila!

But still not an R per se.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:31 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,623 Likes on 753 Posts

An R is an R

Quick Reply: GT350