Notices

GT350

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 11:47 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Suitcase
I've had a deposit on an R Code in South Florida for a year and no confirmed delivery date. I'm at +20k. I have seen some "deal" '16 R's delete, delete cars and a '17 without Electronics Package. If anyone out there knows of a car available at a better price please let me know.

I don't know how much better an R Code is than a '17 non R. The one thing I'll say is that there doesn't seem to be many '17 R's. I'm told that that hold up is wheel supply. Of course, that's the reason to buy the R in the first place. If '18 is the last year, and if the '16 production is any indication, there won't be many more than 1500 total production. In fact, so far it seems that there are fewer '17 R's than '16's. Any thoughts?
Not sure if still available but the other day someone posted that Rodeo Ford located in Goodyear, AZ will sell their new Black 2017 GT350-R at 10K over...

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect....urjJtLU8pNY%3D

If true then I don't think this will last very long... the sweet spot selling point of R's is approximately 80k, more or less, from what I have observed for quite some time now.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:48 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartron
the z28 and 350r seem so close on paper, wonder what the deciding factor is. is it the monster torque on the z28? is there a track preference for these cars? I know the LL is a dubious exercise but i seem to recall the z28 besting the R several times before.

BTW anyone notice some serious road hunting on uneven surfaces with those giant front tires? Steering in sport mode seems to quiet that down a bit - must be damped a bit more.
I have a 2015 Z/28 - does do some serious road hunting with 305's up front.

Z/28 and R are close on paper - R bested Z in Randy Pobst hands and Z bested R in other tests - so they are very close.

The R is a better street car with better ride overall, much nicer interior, great sound and revs. Z suspension is compliant, but is firm on the street - springs are 85% stiffer than the SS, offers great sound and great handling, but interior has lots of plastic etc, so it is not as nice. If you come from a Porsche, where you checked lots of boxes, the Z would seem like a cheap car, but performance wise per dollar it is hard to beat.

My buddy got an R - I drove it and immediately went looking for one - found they were way over MSRP (last September/October). Looked at information and tests and Z/28 was always the comparison car. So I looked on Auto trader and bought a new one for $53k ($24k off MSRP). so for half the money I got a great car. I liked the Z when it came out, but not for $77k (which apparently very few others did as well, hence lots of cars not selling).

LS7 motor has been around and there are tons of mods available with headers, heads, cams, throttle body, valve train etc. to get you 600 + rwhp for $10k - in that form the car is simply stupid fast.

I would still like to have an R - but the Z/28 was a great alternative for half money and it was available. And like R the Z will remain very rare with only 1,802 produced start to finish, of which 74 were factory cars (fleet, press, employee driven).

I have a pdf's on the Z development and special parts that tells about what they did in development. A lot of time went into the Z. If you want a copy pm me your email address and I will send it, it is slightly too big to attach. Attached is Track set up sheet that comes with Z/28..

I am still trying to get one of these as well: FP350S - but don't know if I will be selected or not. Plan was to make 50, they will come in the fall of this yaer - but was told they may make 100 due to demand. We shall see. $115k MSRP - forged wheels are only option, which I would want to add. This is a Ford Cup Car.

link: http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorspo...p350s-mustang/

Great time to be a car enthusiast so many great options!
Attached Images  
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Z28_TrackPREP_Final.pdf (134.6 KB, 107 views)
Old 04-27-2017, 11:57 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Amazing - 168 page thread on a Ford Mustang on a Porsche Forum! Ford must be smiling from ear to ear!
Old 04-27-2017, 12:01 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by supercup
Amazing - 168 page thread on a Ford Mustang on a Porsche Forum! Ford must be smiling from ear to ear!
They should be.
This is an enthusiast site and Ford made a car for car enthusiasts.
Well done! Hopefully BMW will step up their game again in this segment and price point.

A gt350 can't really compete with a double the price Porsche gt4 or 911.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:42 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

The new Shelby GT350 is the BMW M3 we've always wanted. Thank you Ford.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:45 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here is a link to what a Z/28 can be with some motor mods! Otherwise stock car.

link:
Old 04-27-2017, 02:25 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Plus there are many Porsche guys, whether they track their Porsches or not, that are downright appreciative and fans of what the GT350 brings to the table. Sure it's not even close to being as light as the next GT car nor does it have the topnotch build quality of a typical Porsche... but the FPC Voodoo engine, the excellent chassis, and basically the whole driver/track-inspired package is a clear winning recipe even in spite of some shortcomings.

I'm one of those Porsche fanatics that truly deeply love the GT350.... doesn't matter neither whether a non-R or R spec.

This recent one below isn't the greatest review out there but the message is clear... the car is badazz, period.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:42 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

I have been to Dearborn twice in the past 6mo. Once for my R and once for the incoming GT. I was told that Ford was negative variable margin on the R. The wheels and the other low volume stuff...

I don't mean to be demoting para82 but I still think that he's the Sr. VP of sales for Ford!
Old 04-27-2017, 04:02 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I have a 2015 Z/28 - does do some serious road hunting with 305's up front.

Z/28 and R are close on paper - R bested Z in Randy Pobst hands and Z bested R in other tests - so they are very close.

The R is a better street car with better ride overall, much nicer interior, great sound and revs. Z suspension is compliant, but is firm on the street - springs are 85% stiffer than the SS, offers great sound and great handling, but interior has lots of plastic etc, so it is not as nice. If you come from a Porsche, where you checked lots of boxes, the Z would seem like a cheap car, but performance wise per dollar it is hard to beat.

My buddy got an R - I drove it and immediately went looking for one - found they were way over MSRP (last September/October). Looked at information and tests and Z/28 was always the comparison car. So I looked on Auto trader and bought a new one for $53k ($24k off MSRP). so for half the money I got a great car. I liked the Z when it came out, but not for $77k (which apparently very few others did as well, hence lots of cars not selling).

LS7 motor has been around and there are tons of mods available with headers, heads, cams, throttle body, valve train etc. to get you 600 + rwhp for $10k - in that form the car is simply stupid fast.

I would still like to have an R - but the Z/28 was a great alternative for half money and it was available. And like R the Z will remain very rare with only 1,802 produced start to finish, of which 74 were factory cars (fleet, press, employee driven).

I have a pdf's on the Z development and special parts that tells about what they did in development. A lot of time went into the Z. If you want a copy pm me your email address and I will send it, it is slightly too big to attach. Attached is Track set up sheet that comes with Z/28..

I am still trying to get one of these as well: FP350S - but don't know if I will be selected or not. Plan was to make 50, they will come in the fall of this yaer - but was told they may make 100 due to demand. We shall see. $115k MSRP - forged wheels are only option, which I would want to add. This is a Ford Cup Car.

link: http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorspo...p350s-mustang/

Great time to be a car enthusiast so many great options!
are you getting it at 115? I have a confirmed spot but I paid 10 over.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:41 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 137 Posts

Its amazing the dealers were pretty much giving away the Z/28 for a while. Huge discounts on them. Sort of like the C7 now...big discounts.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:18 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
I have been to Dearborn twice in the past 6mo. Once for my R and once for the incoming GT. I was told that Ford was negative variable margin on the R. The wheels and the other low volume stuff...I don't mean to be demoting para82 but I still think that he's the Sr. VP of sales for Ford!
If I ever show up with a 350R at home one of these days, and I think I will,I will tell my wife that it Is Para82's fault.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:53 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
are you getting it at 115? I have a confirmed spot but I paid 10 over.
Yes was offered at MSRP - if I get spot - dealer has confirmed spots for other customers and is trying to get one more for me. Says if he does not I will get one, if one of the confirmed customers drops.

So I wait
Old 04-27-2017, 06:55 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DC911S
Its amazing the dealers were pretty much giving away the Z/28 for a while. Huge discounts on them. Sort of like the C7 now...big discounts.
Saw a post yesterday on Camaro6 forum that now until May 5th any Z06 with ceramics and MSRP greater than $100k, dealer can get $14k rebate from GM, in addition to other incentive offered.

Lots of GS and Z06 sitting right now.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:56 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Igooz
I don't mean to be demoting para82 but I still think that he's the Sr. VP of sales for Ford!
Agreed!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:08 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by br911
If I ever show up with a 350R at home one of these days, and I think I will,I will tell my wife that it Is Para82's fault.

The GT350 completes a marriage just ask Mspeedster

Quick Reply: GT350