Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016 | 01:54 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

CORRECTION: My SA told me it's on the CALIFORNIA Highway, not Columbia. No matter, it's on a boat!
Old 11-03-2016 | 01:57 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
CORRECTION: My SA told me it's on the CALIFORNIA Highway, not Columbia. No matter, it's on a boat!
Congrats and Happy Birthday.
Old 11-03-2016 | 01:57 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Last post - sorry, but I am super excited. It's a fun day for me.

Old 11-03-2016 | 02:03 PM
Nin Din Din
Instructor

Today is my birthday, and today a boat called the Columbia Highway leaves Emden for Davisville. Given that I live in the District of COLUMBIA metropolitan area, and it is my birthday, I am certain my car is on this boat. It's kismet. I'll find out officially later today but I am pumped!
HFB. My car arrived in Emden a few days ago. Is it possible it's on the boat too?
Old 11-03-2016 | 02:05 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by Nin Din Din
HFB. My car arrived in Emden a few days ago. Is it possible it's on the boat too?
Only your SA knows for sure!

Okay, I really need to get some work done here....
Old 11-03-2016 | 02:24 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Last post - sorry, but I am super excited. It's a fun day for me.

It's fun for us all! We all know that feeling
Old 11-03-2016 | 03:07 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Tracking the ship is a fun thing to do in this long process > eight months and counting for me. Ship did reach my port (San Diego) 12 days ago, and is still hung up at the port, reportedly for a random quality inspection. Tried to get more info from my SA and Porsche USA, but no answers thus far as the folks at the port did not respond to my Dealer. At this point, my imagination gets the better of me -- speculating that perhaps it fell off the ship, or some other disaster occurred. Yesterday, my SA committed to me that he would escalate, and get the true status, and path forward today. I've never found it so difficult to spend close to $200K before. Likely, it all will turn out OK, but as each day passes, I'm not feeling too good about it.

On the positive side, the Dealer gave me a new Cayenne for a loaner (my wife drives a 2013 Cayenne Diesel), so I'm familiar with it. The good news is that this loaner came equipped with the new Navigation module (Car Play, etc) with the new park assist / backup camera -- similar, I believe, to what's in the 991.2. The functionality of the Navigation is far superior to the prior generation, and the clarity of the backup camera is much improved. Anyway, have this Cayenne until my 991.2TT comes in -- perhaps 6-8 months, or hopefully by this weekend.

Anyone else get one of these complementary random quality inspections?
Old 11-03-2016 | 03:22 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by philg3
Tracking the ship is a fun thing to do in this long process > eight months and counting for me. Ship did reach my port (San Diego) 12 days ago, and is still hung up at the port, reportedly for a random quality inspection. Tried to get more info from my SA and Porsche USA, but no answers thus far as the folks at the port did not respond to my Dealer. At this point, my imagination gets the better of me -- speculating that perhaps it fell off the ship, or some other disaster occurred. Yesterday, my SA committed to me that he would escalate, and get the true status, and path forward today. I've never found it so difficult to spend close to $200K before. Likely, it all will turn out OK, but as each day passes, I'm not feeling too good about it.

On the positive side, the Dealer gave me a new Cayenne for a loaner (my wife drives a 2013 Cayenne Diesel), so I'm familiar with it. The good news is that this loaner came equipped with the new Navigation module (Car Play, etc) with the new park assist / backup camera -- similar, I believe, to what's in the 991.2. The functionality of the Navigation is far superior to the prior generation, and the clarity of the backup camera is much improved. Anyway, have this Cayenne until my 991.2TT comes in -- perhaps 6-8 months, or hopefully by this weekend.

Anyone else get one of these complementary random quality inspections?
Sorry, but that does sound strange. Maybe they are having some smuggling issues at the port. You might check your wheel wells when it arrives.
Old 11-03-2016 | 03:58 PM
LCW
Pro

Sometimes (hopefully rarely) a car would get minor damage in transit - such as a scrape or scratch. They are generally repaired at the port and they (allegedly) don't even communicate that to the dealer. Obviously, this repair process adds a few days to the clearing process at the port. Obviously, I do hope this is not your case... but you should be aware this happens from time to time... and most likely we will never know if our cars were in fact damaged and repaired or traveled to their destination in pristine condition. Good luck! don't forget to pics when the car does arrive!
Old 11-03-2016 | 06:42 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

In following our last two Porsche's, from order to dealer pick-up, I am convinced the only thing that moves quickly at Porsche are the vechicles. The company, and most of its processes are outpaced by the geological clock most weeks. But as the wife says, I'm retired so what else would I do my day anyhow.
Old 11-03-2016 | 06:58 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sctanton52
In following our last two Porsche's, from order to dealer pick-up, I am convinced the only thing that moves quickly at Porsche are the vechicles. The company, and most of its processes are outpaced by the geological clock most weeks. But as the wife says, I'm retired so what else would I do my day anyhow.
Good point. I'd like to live long enough to see this car, so the clock does matter to me. Quite frankly, I've got so many things on the docket at any point in time, that I like to close as many as possible ASAP, to allow more things to enter the docket. And just when you think you are there (your car is there), Porsche plays with your mind. I'm about ready to ping my SA again, as it's 3PM and I haven't heard from him, but perhaps the day is still young.

Oh, and I have this Cashiers check that the dealer insisted on that's been in my safe for about two weeks, as projected delivery dates keep moving out. I've bought many Porsches over the years, and the process never improves. Yesterday, my SA reminded me that I'd have an opportunity to reflect upon my experience when the surveys come my way -- but that's not helpful.
Old 11-03-2016 | 07:15 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

This is a crossover from the Panamera forum, I have a question about Emden...my 2017 Panamera 4S shows to be exiting the Leipzig plant on 12/9, but it shows not exiting port until 12/30. Does the port shut down during the holidays? I had a very good shipping experience with my 2017 Targa 4S that I picked up in Stuttgart on ED in late April. I drove across Germany and dropped it off at the Leipzig plant for return to the US on May 1. I had it in my hands back home in Oklahoma City on June 10. Does anyone have in port knowledge?
Old 11-03-2016 | 08:26 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sfy1505
This is a crossover from the Panamera forum, I have a question about Emden...my 2017 Panamera 4S shows to be exiting the Leipzig plant on 12/9, but it shows not exiting port until 12/30. Does the port shut down during the holidays? I had a very good shipping experience with my 2017 Targa 4S that I picked up in Stuttgart on ED in late April. I drove across Germany and dropped it off at the Leipzig plant for return to the US on May 1. I had it in my hands back home in Oklahoma City on June 10. Does anyone have in port knowledge?
i bet is closes for the holidays. But that's not why it's showing 3 weeks from completion to exiting the port. Your seeing the standard scheduling. It assumes 1 week from completion to entering emden. then another 2 weeks to exit emden. It often is faster but that's the default times used in the scheduling system. Then the default is 2 weeks to enter davisville (reality is it's 11-12 days on the boat). Then 1 week to exit davisville (usually faster).
Old 11-04-2016 | 11:46 AM
Joenyc
Instructor

For those who are awaiting their chariots on The Sentosa Leader Vessel, it is at the port of Halifax! Hopefully, they can unload today and be seabound on Saturday. Scheduled arriving at Davisville RI on the 8th or earlier!

https://www.fleetmon.com/vessels/sen...4/?language=en

DESTINATION CA HAL
Old 11-04-2016 | 12:31 PM
Joenyc
Instructor

Originally Posted by LCW
Sometimes (hopefully rarely) a car would get minor damage in transit - such as a scrape or scratch. They are generally repaired at the port and they (allegedly) don't even communicate that to the dealer. Obviously, this repair process adds a few days to the clearing process at the port. Obviously, I do hope this is not your case... but you should be aware this happens from time to time... and most likely we will never know if our cars were in fact damaged and repaired or traveled to their destination in pristine condition. Good luck! don't forget to pics when the car does arrive!
I guess minor scratch as in the polymer level. I recommend always look at the car in the daylight in good or outside light and see if any ripples or change in shades. But your right a delay can be they are fixing a dent or touching up.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!