Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 08:52 AM
Hadlyme
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 23 Posts
Default My Car Code

Originally Posted by ATLBond
Please share your configuration and or config code.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJV2BZ48

This is it, recreated on the configurator this morning. Any thoughts?
Old 04-11-2017, 08:58 AM
Hadlyme
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 23 Posts

Wisky.....
Fantastic color combo and the wheels really pop. I was on the fence about them on my GT Silver 911S... the more I see the better I like them. Congrats
Old 04-11-2017, 09:06 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Icebreaker
Kayjh: It is a beautiful sunny day here in Halifax. I'm on my way to spot your car! My son use to work at AutoPort unloading cars from the ships while at university. He would sit in the union hall waiting to be called. They are very particular at who they get to drive the new cars off the ship. I'll see what I can find out. Stand by...
If you happen to see a GT Silver TTS Cab with black script on the back.....
Old 04-11-2017, 09:25 AM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was just wondering - silver seems to be very popular here but everybody is getting GT silver. Why no love for Rhodium silver? Does anyone own one of those? Would love to see it!
Old 04-11-2017, 09:53 AM
nimprojects
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Kayjh: It is a beautiful sunny day here in Halifax. I'm on my way to spot your car! My son use to work at AutoPort unloading cars from the ships while at university. He would sit in the union hall waiting to be called. They are very particular at who they get to drive the new cars off the ship. I'll see what I can find out. Stand by...
That's a good job to have while at uni, I would have loved that. Maybe he can give them a hand — the sooner they get the cars off for Canada, the sooner the ship can set sail for Davisville.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:12 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gregv8
I was just wondering - silver seems to be very popular here but everybody is getting GT silver. Why no love for Rhodium silver? Does anyone own one of those? Would love to see it!
GT and Rhodium Silver were on my short list for colour choices, until I saw the two colours side by side.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,098 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by gregv8
IMO, Rhodium has quite a bit of blue in it, while GT is "silver". Plus, it was just removed from the $3k upcharge list, so it's now "almost free".
Old 04-11-2017, 05:31 PM
Icebreaker
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Halifax Autoport update: Athens Highway

The ship was in and most of the cars were unloaded. I spoke with one of the crew working the lot. The good news is, there was no signs of damage on any of the 911s. The 911s are taken to various sections of the yard for holding. Dealer cars, sold cars and corporate cars. IF I had your VIN, the young guy would have been able to pinpoint the exact location and would have gone and taken some pictures for us. At the time, I was only looking for the white coupe with spyder wheels (Kayjh). There were also about 12 911s next to the main office that were from the Porsche winter driving school. I don't know where they are going... maybe just getting the decals removed and put back into circulation?? In another section there was a chalk turbo cab, an agate grey Targa 4S, and a few dozen other 911s.
Here is the strange part... the young guy said there was one silver cab with red interior. He said it was really sharp. I didn't know at the time you were on the hunt. It must have been your car. Anyway, the Porsche cars get shipped quite quickly and they may be already through inspection by now. I am so sorry I didn't bring my other camera. Attached is also a picture of a G class on steroids. It was parked close to the fence. Autoport has hundreds of acres of new cars. Fortunately, the Alfas, Porsche, Rolls and M cars get treated a bit better than the rest and move out fast.
Sorry I couldn't spot your car!
Attached Images   
Old 04-11-2017, 07:12 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 704 Likes on 492 Posts

The ship was in and most of the cars were unloaded. I spoke with one of the crew working the lot. The good news is, there was no signs of damage on any of the 911s. The 911s are taken to various sections of the yard for holding. Dealer cars, sold cars and corporate cars. IF I had your VIN, the young guy would have been able to pinpoint the exact location and would have gone and taken some pictures for us. At the time, I was only looking for the white coupe with spyder wheels (Kayjh). There were also about 12 911s next to the main office that were from the Porsche winter driving school. I don't know where they are going... maybe just getting the decals removed and put back into circulation?? In another section there was a chalk turbo cab, an agate grey Targa 4S, and a few dozen other 911s.
Here is the strange part... the young guy said there was one silver cab with red interior. He said it was really sharp. I didn't know at the time you were on the hunt. It must have been your car. Anyway, the Porsche cars get shipped quite quickly and they may be already through inspection by now. I am so sorry I didn't bring my other camera. Attached is also a picture of a G class on steroids. It was parked close to the fence. Autoport has hundreds of acres of new cars. Fortunately, the Alfas, Porsche, Rolls and M cars get treated a bit better than the rest and move out fast.
Thanks! I checked with my dealer today and he said the PCNA system doesn't show my as having arrived at Halifax yet. I'm betting they haven't scanned the car yet or if they have, it takes some time for the Porsche system to update. My car left on March 28th and the only ship that left Eden for Halifax was this ship so I'm betting it is now in the yard. We'll soon see. I'll get an update from the dealer as soon as he has one - probably tomorrow or Thursday.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:15 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Icebreaker, that is very cool dude. That is the best I have ever seen of detailed tracking at the actual Halifax Yard. I have had three Porsche's come in in the last 4 years, I have been able to track them on the ships arriving but I have never seen pics of the yard itself. For my next one, I will send you a 24 (or more) of your beer of choice, and the VIN, just to get a pic in the yard.

Cheers Mate!
Old 04-11-2017, 10:34 PM
Icebreaker
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Hey Icebreaker, that is very cool dude. That is the best I have ever seen of detailed tracking at the actual Halifax Yard. I have had three Porsche's come in in the last 4 years, I have been able to track them on the ships arriving but I have never seen pics of the yard itself. For my next one, I will send you a 24 (or more) of your beer of choice, and the VIN, just to get a pic in the yard.

Cheers Mate!
It was an education for me as well. Thursday is my cut off date for my Targa. It is being built in June and delivery is expected in July. Speaking with the young longshoreman today, I thought it might be nice to get him as a source to get landing pictures. I know I would like to get pictures of mine in Autoport. That is why I headed over there this morning for the team.
Autoport is an amazing experience. There are all kinds of hidden treasures hiding in the corners. It is always fun to peek down the rows on rows of fresh imports. It would be a great place to fly a drone or host a reality car show. The inventory constantly changes!

Send me your VIN on your next delivery. We will see what we can do!
Old 04-11-2017, 11:27 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Very cool! Thanks for the updates and picture of my boat!! 😉

Old 04-12-2017, 03:37 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 704 Likes on 492 Posts

Very cool! Thanks for the updates and picture of my boat!! 😉

Confirmed by my dealer this morning - my car has been scanned into Halifax Port and PDI completed as of this date (April 12th). Still expecting delivery on April 28th (+/-).
Old 04-12-2017, 03:50 PM
asia
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Awaiting delivery of my base 911 Carrera. White/Black with a manual transaxle, Sport exhaust, RS Spyder Design wheels, and little more. My new backroads car.

This might interest you: my estimated acceleration versus gear and speed for the car. My model accounts for the stock torque curve, gear and rear axle ratios, drivetrain loss, tire size, aerodynamic drag, rolling resistance, and weight.

The blue curves show full throttle acceleration estimates in g’s versus speed in mph, one curve for each gear. The red dots highlight speed and acceleration at the 7500 rpm redline.

In 1st gear, the car attains an acceleration of about 1 g between 10 and 30 mph, falling to just above 0.7 g at a 44 mph redline. Shifting to 2nd at that speed drops acceleration to just below 0.6 g, falling to about 0.4 g at a 75 mph redline, and so forth.

As a sanity check, the 1st and 2nd gear accelerations match the Autohome instrumented test results closely. Also, integrations of these curves plus gear shift time match both the Car&Driver and the Autohome acceleration test times well.

Model parameters:

Torque: (1300, 320), (1700, 450), (5000, 450), (5500, 440), (6000, 425), (6500, 400), (7000, 365), (7500, 330) [rpm, Nm] piecewise linear
Gear ratios: 3.91, 2.29, 1.58, 1.18, 0.94, 0.79, 0.62
Rear axle ratio: 3.44
Drivetrain loss: 18%
Tire size: 764 revs per mile
Drag coefficient: 0.30
Frontal area: 2.02 m^2
Air density: 1.225 kg/m^3
Rolling resistance coefficient: (1, 1.36%), (100, 1.46%), (180, 1.70%) [mph] quadratic
Weight with driver: 1505 kg
Old 04-12-2017, 06:27 PM
JawJuh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by asia
Awaiting delivery of my base 911 Carrera. White/Black with a manual transaxle, Sport exhaust, RS Spyder Design wheels, and little more. My new backroads car.

This might interest you: my estimated acceleration versus gear and speed for the car. My model accounts for the stock torque curve, gear and rear axle ratios, drivetrain loss, tire size, aerodynamic drag, rolling resistance, and weight.

The blue curves show full throttle acceleration estimates in g’s versus speed in mph, one curve for each gear. The red dots highlight speed and acceleration at the 7500 rpm redline.

In 1st gear, the car attains an acceleration of about 1 g between 10 and 30 mph, falling to just above 0.7 g at a 44 mph redline. Shifting to 2nd at that speed drops acceleration to just below 0.6 g, falling to about 0.4 g at a 75 mph redline, and so forth.

As a sanity check, the 1st and 2nd gear accelerations match the Autohome instrumented test results closely. Also, integrations of these curves plus gear shift time match both the Car&Driver and the Autohome acceleration test times well.

Model parameters:

Torque: (1300, 320), (1700, 450), (5000, 450), (5500, 440), (6000, 425), (6500, 400), (7000, 365), (7500, 330) [rpm, Nm] piecewise linear
Gear ratios: 3.91, 2.29, 1.58, 1.18, 0.94, 0.79, 0.62
Rear axle ratio: 3.44
Drivetrain loss: 18%
Tire size: 764 revs per mile
Drag coefficient: 0.30
Frontal area: 2.02 m^2
Air density: 1.225 kg/m^3
Rolling resistance coefficient: (1, 1.36%), (100, 1.46%), (180, 1.70%) [mph] quadratic
Weight with driver: 1505 kg
Wow Spectacular analysis! Did you set up all the formulae in Excel, or used something fancier?

I am wondering if I should swap out Pirelli PZero for semi-slicks for summer. I am curious how much difference would that make in overall performance; wonder if your model can answer that.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!