Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 10:12 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by TTSPete
Just got an update yesterday from my SA.

My car entered Embden on 11/1.

Besides Philg3, which appears to be an anomoly, any feedback on average days in port to get on a vessel?

And once on a vessel, average time at sea and to a southern ca dealer ?

It appears they have been exceeding my estimated dates to date.

I did download the Maritime app to track the vessel once I find out which one.

Thanks
Mine was done on or before October 21st and left port on November 3rd. It is due to arrive in Davisville on 12 November, and I suspect delivery will take place right before Thanksgiving. That's well ahead of the December 9th projected date for delivery. Given that I ordered the car on 29 September, that's an incredibly fast turn-around even if it gets hung up at the port.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:44 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Mine was done on or before October 21st and left port on November 3rd. It is due to arrive in Davisville on 12 November, and I suspect delivery will take place right before Thanksgiving. That's well ahead of the December 9th projected date for delivery. Given that I ordered the car on 29 September, that's an incredibly fast turn-around even if it gets hung up at the port.
+1 - they are either way ahead of schedule or being super conservative on delivery dates.

Mine was supposed to be arriving to US port (Jacksonville) on 11/18. I have selected PEC delivery, which adds a few weeks, and they told me on 9/29 they expected to offer me a early to mid December delivery.

On 10/21, PEC contacted me and said they could offer me a delivery date of......................11/15.

As I said, either they sandbag themselves or are super efficient (or both). Either way, win for us!
Old 11-09-2016, 06:08 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
+1 - they are either way ahead of schedule or being super conservative on delivery dates.

Mine was supposed to be arriving to US port (Jacksonville) on 11/18. I have selected PEC delivery, which adds a few weeks, and they told me on 9/29 they expected to offer me a early to mid December delivery.

On 10/21, PEC contacted me and said they could offer me a delivery date of......................11/15.

As I said, either they sandbag themselves or are super efficient (or both). Either way, win for us!
Some have reported a much longer production time. Maybe since I only ordered a C2 coupe, it is a short turn around time.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Some have reported a much longer production time. Maybe since I only ordered a C2 coupe, it is a short turn around time.
Ah - didn't realize different models had different lead times (outside of PTS/GT).

Mine is a TTS for what it's worth.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:15 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Ah - didn't realize different models had different lead times (outside of PTS/GT).

Mine is a TTS for what it's worth.
LOL!!! A TTS is worth a lot more than my MT C2!!
Old 11-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Lol - nice play on words!
Old 11-09-2016, 06:22 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Lol - nice play on words!
I've been driving MT's all my life. I started with sports cars on the backroads of Pennsylvania. We used to take our cars up Rose Valley Hill Climb, run up to Watkins Glen to the races, and really push our cars hard. I took one sports car into a corn field. I consider myself to be a decent driver, but I expect the C2 to be about all the Porsche I can handle. Kudos for all you guys tracking and taking these hulking cars out on the road. That TTS has got to be some kind of awesome.

Last edited by Dan Nagy; 11-09-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:29 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I've been driving MT's all my life. I started with sports cars on the backroads of Pennsylvania. We used to take our cars up Rose Valley Hill Climb, run up to Watkins Glen to the races, and really push our cars hard. I took one sports car into a corn field. I consider myself to be a decent driver, but I expect the C2 to be about all the Porsche I could handle. Kudos for all you guys tracking and taking this hulking cars out on the road. That TTS has got to be some kind of awesome.
I am sure there is no rhyme or reason to production schedules but if I were planning them I would schedule the TTS first because they cost more therefore more profit faster!!
Old 11-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

I am sure there is no rhyme or reason to production schedules but if I were planning them I would schedule the TTS first because they cost more therefore more profit faster!!
I did notice on the production videos that they all go down the line together. It's probably based on whatever slot the dealership had to sell. I've done business with my SA before, so he told me to jump on this slot.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:42 PM
TTSPete
Racer

The Germans are very efficient that way, I would only put mine at the front for selfish reasons
Old 11-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

The Germans are very efficient that way, I would only put mine at the front for selfish reasons
Is your profile picture representative of your order? If so, is that Guards or Carmine (or something else)?
Old 11-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

I've been driving MT's all my life. I started with sports cars on the backroads of Pennsylvania. We used to take our cars up Rose Valley Hill Climb, run up to Watkins Glen to the races, and really push our cars hard. I took one sports car into a corn field. I consider myself to be a decent driver, but I expect the C2 to be about all the Porsche I can handle. Kudos for all you guys tracking and taking this hulking cars out on the road. That TTS has got to be some kind of awesome.
I had a '16 TT which was all kinds of awesome. Then I had a '16 981 Spyder which was all kinds of different awesome. Common denominator: They are all awesome.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:51 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Is your profile picture representative of your order? If so, is that Guards or Carmine (or something else)?
Yes, Guards Red
Attached Images   
Old 11-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

I had a '16 TT which was all kinds of awesome. Then I had a '16 981 Spyder which was all kinds of different awesome. Common denominator: They are all awesome.
I agree, my '15 981 Cayman is an awesome car and will truly miss it. I just need a bit more room in the car and some open air on occasion.

We took the Cayman on its last Sunday drive for the entire day through Virginia, looping into Maryland, and back to Virginia. That NA six makes a wonderful note right behind your head!
Old 11-09-2016, 06:54 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Yes, Guards Red
Nice car! It must be great living in Orange County and not have to worry about a heated steering wheel or seats!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!