Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 12:03 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
4.0RS
So that colour didn't spin your wheels enough to tick the box? Might be a bit severe on a modern car. Suits the old ones well.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:08 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off topic but check this listing out!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-726518787.htm
Old 05-07-2014, 01:16 AM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by gt38088
John - just one car doing motorsport is a good idea. I am not good at following this advice ....
good pic of your car in April ClassicCar mag..sitting well
Old 05-07-2014, 01:17 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Group buy! Wonder if the individual value would justify the asking price. I'm guessing so judging by some of the standouts, such as the Dino and Pantera. I'd want it for those two cars alone.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

David. I think it definitely works better on the earlier cars myself.

Jamie. Interesting listing al-right. IMO its not easy to sell a collection while like this. You would need to find someone with passion for more than half those cars to make the hassle of acquiring them all and flipping them to keep the ones you like worthwhile....
Old 05-07-2014, 01:57 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
Group buy! Wonder if the individual value would justify the asking price. I'm guessing so judging by some of the stand outs, such as the Dino and Pantera. I'd want it for those two cars alone.
Jake, You have your Dinos mixed up mate, A Dino 246 is worth around 600K NZD with good providence today. A Dino 308 is worth maybe 35K whilst draging on a spliff, on a really sunny day after a sexy moment with your girlfriend provided you had a good days snowboarding on the pist the day before...
Old 05-07-2014, 01:57 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

David. I think it definitely works better on the earlier cars myself.

Jamie. Interesting listing al-right. IMO its not easy to sell a collection while like this. You would need to find someone with passion for more than half those cars to make the hassle of acquiring them all and flipping them to keep the ones you like worthwhile....
I agree mate. Definitely not the "best" way to sell it but I guess they may have their reasons to justify. Hard to find the "right" buyer.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:02 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Series 1 E Type is the most valuable there i would say assuming its straight. Maybe 75K today. Pantera can be a can of worms body wise (plastic) but lets say 60K if it needs a bit of panel and paint. Not sure on the DeLoreans but there is a geek market for these so 45K each if they are goodies. Have no idea on teh Monza or Jet car, the 308 weve talked about, the Cossies are the next most valuable after the pantera I suspect along would you believe it with the XY Falcon (the GTs and comp versions fetching moonbeams with Aussie collectors). Frankly you could load the 928 to the roof with 18K gold and it would be worth half the value of the metals spot rate today for some reason...
Old 05-07-2014, 02:05 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
I agree mate. Definitely not the "best" way to sell it but I guess they may have their reasons to justify. Hard to find the "right" buyer.
Everyone would sell a collection intact if it were that easy. So their reasons could = ease and speed. In my mind the price and efforts to market would then need to be attractive and not based on the contango!
Old 05-07-2014, 02:26 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Jake, You have your Dinos mixed up mate, A Dino 246 is worth around 600K NZD with good providence today. A Dino 308 is worth maybe 35K whilst draging on a spliff, on a really sunny day after a sexy moment with your girlfriend provided you had a good days snowboarding on the pist the day before...
Had a proper look after getting out of the office. And yes I definitely had them confused. Must have spent too much time at Leo's Smoke Hut

The buyer with enough to invest in this 'opportunity' would surely be interested in the more valuable cars, thereby diminishing the value of any reselling. Doubt this will go quickly, but stranger things have happened. Regardless I would still love a Pantera. Can't explain it, just always had a soft spot for those cars.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:16 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

"Office". That must be code right for hanging out at the half pipe, or pool skating getting some sic air and pulling of some rad moves right?

Your dad would have been relieved with your Pantera fascination. Means you mums lipstick was safe which would have been a relief to both of them I guess.... ;-)
Old 05-07-2014, 03:22 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

"Office". That must be code right for hanging out at the half pipe, or pool skating getting some sic air and pulling of some rad moves right? Your dad would have been relieved with your Pantera fascination. Means you mums lipstick was safe which would have been a relief to both of them I guess.... ;-)
Very witty tonight Macca, are you on the Kava?

Last edited by John McM; 05-07-2014 at 03:41 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:53 AM
Ridgeline911
Advanced

Good day at HD, mixed weather all day. A couple of tour cars had off track excursions, one quite badly. Struggled to find grip with the raised ride height and less aggressive camber. The best part was sharing the track with some talented drifters. Nothing like an on track front seat as 3 cars are facing you backing in to turn 2! Was very cool. Tire smoke occasionally made it hard to see! Saw Steve with a 964 and a carbureted 3.2. Another good day at the track.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:02 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Im not a fan of Kava though. Its good to get a rise out of this board occasionally. :-)

You can see the 80's parenting conundrum John? You walk into your sons room to see a poster of Boy George or a red Pantera with a leery chick in leopard skin print jeans over the fender.....are you gonna ball your son out for having a picture with a scantily clad girl on it....?

Its March and I'm sitting in FastTrack compliance writing out a $500 cheque for what I can only describe as a ludicrous bureaucracy government sponsored money grab and I look up to remember how to actually hold a pen properly and see the radiant smile of a topless goddess looking down upon me from a bearing supplier calender. You cant believe how happy I was to see that even in 2013 some blokes in a mostly male work environment still have the ***** to put that stuff on the wall. Reminded me of visiting my old man at the engineering workshop as a kid. Used to fascinate me walking into the mens locker rooms and checking out the calenders on inside of the blokes locker doors. Im sure the old guy caught me out in there but he never said anything. Lifes pretty different I guess today.

Anyway it made the $500 cheque less painful.....
Old 05-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ridgeline911
Good day at HD, mixed weather all day. A couple of tour cars had off track excursions, one quite badly. Struggled to find grip with the raised ride height and less aggressive camber. The best part was sharing the track with some talented drifters. Nothing like an on track front seat as 3 cars are facing you backing in to turn 2! Was very cool. Tire smoke occasionally made it hard to see! Saw Steve with a 964 and a carbureted 3.2. Another good day at the track.
Mark? The weather was probably the most realistic part of comparing HD to the Targa roads today if its any consolation. Quite frankly if you said the car had handled real well I would have suggested you were in trouble on the tarmac LOL! I guess the point of that day was to see if anything would break. They haven't down a track day for shakedown Im aware of before. Sounds like your car is set up pretty well for the Targa then. Best of Luck.

Only advise I can give you in the 911 is turn in early on the corners. Many of them tighten when you feel they should be opening up. If you get nose in early and right up against the apex you can let the wheel run out a bit as the corner tightens up. and have plenty of road to drift out into without creating an over steer moment. Particularly useful when wet and I found overall very effective from a speed point of view. Other ideas include trying to watch for fallen debris (clay etc) on the inside of the road, use the full width of the road both lanes to get your corners flowing nice and keep the 911 balanced, dont be afraid to use the 500mm of tarmac on the other side of the outside white lines on the roads its often clean and not broken and gives some additional real estate to adjust the attitude of the car smoothly. Its all about smooth in the 911 on the tarmac as conditions and grip are constantly changing. If new to targa and new navigator get them to give more information (repeating double exclamations from the handbook etc) than is needed you can filter it and its better they give it than hold it back. Theres a tonne of other stuff but thats the main stuff I think of for now..

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?