Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 03:55 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I imagine if you tried that at your's Paul, Jen would give you a good slapping!
Old 04-11-2014, 04:22 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
Day 9 video done and dusted. The scenery at Arthur's Pass is simply breathtaking as a backdrop for the photo shoots. Each day is getting longer. This was 12 minutes taking 2gb. All done in HD.
Awesome, looking forward to the great unveiling on a big flat screen :-P

Originally Posted by Macca
Doug. showed my wife your proposed SI itinerary. This was her response by email this morning: "This would be the ULTIMATE South Island trip! I reckon Doug has absolutely nailed it! When can we do it???? Is Doug actually planning another one??" Only caveat was taking the GT3 rather than the 993 as it has more space and is less drama. So looks like you have a supporter (x2). Maybe late 2015?
Hmmmm, what about the two weeks around Easter 2015. Autumn colours, mild weather. I wonder what the interest would be for a tour only, ie no track days, partners along for the ride and experience. Maybe we could throw in a track day at ruapuna, although leaving out e track changes the setup/tyres and removes some mechanical risk and removes the need to card around jacks, helmets, etc.

Donna has been reviewing each of my Videos and remarked on the great weather and the beautiful scenery. I think we would be starters for a trip that was more touristy than the SITT. Just drove the Turbo 3.6 to work. I think Donna and I could work with that car over a week or so of travel. PV are stuffing Chris and I around getting our cars back from ChCh so I would only look at a full drive option next time. No transporting.
Nice.

Should get a decent discount given the inconvenience of waiting so long for your cars to be freighted?
Old 04-11-2014, 04:28 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Well I imagine if you tried that at your's Paul, Jen would give you a good slapping!
Actually you'd be surprised Pete. Paul works from home and Jen manages the books. At the Miller & Co Xmas party Jen might actually enjoy a bit of a spanking. Infact I bet if you track back the kids conception dates.....
Old 04-11-2014, 04:36 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Doug. We are planning to be in South America for three months next year (Feb/March/April). We will also be spending three months in NZ (Jan, May and perhaps later in the year too). I was thinking November may be a good month for it. Its mild like April but also quiet as tourism isnt rife. Also I am hopefully in South island for Targa NZ in Nov this year so three times to South Island in 12 months is probably a bit much. Happy with the format being road and all track although as you say a day on a track such as Levels, Ruapuna or Teretonga would be great. We would take the GT3. I promised Joanna we would do it in the GT3 at a more relaxed place next time with time out to sight see. Happy to drive to Wellie in one day and catch the ferry next morning to maximise SI time. Love to get in some good driving but would also like to explore. Your plan seems to be a good one.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:40 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Awesome, looking forward to the great unveiling on a big flat screen :-P Hmmmm, what about the two weeks around Easter 2015. Autumn colours, mild weather. I wonder what the interest would be for a tour only, ie no track days, partners along for the ride and experience. Maybe we could throw in a track day at ruapuna, although leaving out e track changes the setup/tyres and removes some mechanical risk and removes the need to card around jacks, helmets, etc. Nice. Should get a decent discount given the inconvenience of waiting so long for your cars to be freighted?
I think I will start to split days up as it's becoming unwieldy. Maccas media added another 73gb to the existing 400gb. My ram is only 12gb so it's painful to edit. I think I'll be finished by the end of the month as in Melbourne next week. Can work out how to share when I know how good it looks and how many want to see it.

Car transporting is turning out to be very painful. Chris has to try multiple calls and texts to get a response. Basic problem is that we only get them back when there's a back load. If I knew I'd be waiting 3 weeks I would have driven Herman home.

Easter 2015 sounds good. No tracks for me as I want this to be SIMPLE. Just driving with minimal luggage and touristy stuff. Could be the Turbo 3.6 swan song.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:48 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Car transporting is turning out to be very painful. Chris has to try multiple calls and texts to get a response. Basic problem is that we only get them back when there's a back load. If I knew I'd be waiting 3 weeks I would have driven Herman home.
Probably didnt help Matt tried to kill the ex PV transport guys wife....
Old 04-11-2014, 05:31 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Can work out how to share when I know how good it looks and how many want to see it.
Looked into the best options for online storage based on $/GB, and from what I can see Google's $10/month/1TB is the cheapest. Very easy to use from my experience.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:54 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
Looked into the best options for online storage based on $/GB, and from what I can see Google's $10/month/1TB is the cheapest. Very easy to use from my experience.
Thanks Jake. I have Google Drive. I'll try uploading some tonight.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:58 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Kids gonna kill you John using up all there internet bandwidth!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:24 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Kids gonna kill you John using up all there internet bandwidth!
A 500gb monthly allowance seems to keep them happy, but yes there is the bandwidth issue. There doesn't seem to be a downtime either, not with a 17yr olds nocturnal activity.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:53 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually you'd be surprised Pete. Paul works from home and Jen manages the books. At the Miller & Co Xmas party Jen might actually enjoy a bit of a spanking. Infact I bet if you track back the kids conception dates.....

Oooooh - family show Macca..........
Old 04-11-2014, 07:07 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Sorry mate, bit unclear on that. Is your family reading this thread Paul or did you mean you and Jen enjoy a bit of spanking exhibitionism?
Old 04-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffjumper
Hi, I'm new here so I hope I'm posting to the right thread. My apologies if it's not the best place!

My name is Matt and I'm currently looking for a tidy 944 NA, preferably '86 onwards, but I saw the '84 listed on tm yesterday http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=716243598 .I gave the owner a call last night and he said he bought it around 4 years ago from a guy who was flying out to Australia the next day, and who never sent across the service history. I think the PO was meaning to turn it in to a track car, so it apparently had a bit of an engine refresh (valves,belts, tensioners etc) and some sport suspension setup done just before selling. I know it's a long shot, especially without a plate visible, but is this car familiar to anyone? Maybe the turbo diffuser on it will ring a few bells. I don't believe the pasha interior is original.

Any advice on the car or where I should be posting this would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt, I don't know the car at all but that story about the guy flying out to Australia the next day sounds a bit suspect Maybe I'm just cynical!

Where are you based? If you're anywhere near the Waikato I'd recommend you get in touch with Steve at Europacific. They do all the work on my 86 NA and Steve might know of something for sale.

If I were sensible I'd offer you my car. But that would mean admitting my carefree youth is over and I've as much chance of joining Doug and Macca on the Epic South Island Tour as a snowball in hell. And it would make my partner extremely happy, and we certainly can't have that!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:48 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Matt, I don't know the car at all but that story about the guy flying out to Australia the next day sounds a bit suspect Maybe I'm just cynical! Where are you based? If you're anywhere near the Waikato I'd recommend you get in touch with Steve at Europacific. They do all the work on my 86 NA and Steve might know of something for sale. If I were sensible I'd offer you my car. But that would mean admitting my carefree youth is over and I've as much chance of joining Doug and Macca on the Epic South Island Tour as a snowball in hell. And it would make my partner extremely happy, and we certainly can't have that!
Ha ha. You hang in there Michael. If you ever change that car (for family reasons) it should be for another pcar. Maybe one with little rear seats?
Old 04-11-2014, 05:51 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Ha ha. You hang in there Michael. If you ever change that car (for family reasons) it should be for another pcar. Maybe one with little rear seats?
Like.

Michael, you've got a long way to go until mid life crisis gives you an excuse to rebel. I say just bring it forward and put some ear muffs on....

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?