Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014 | 10:58 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CS Mende
The next chapter begins! Picked up an 07 997 C4S, manual, non-sunroof, 52k kms, ex-UK. Interior is extremely tidy, corrosion after a thorough inspection is largely limited to exhaust - it's c-r-u-s-t-y! Needs a sports exhaust anyway. This will be primarily a roadie, while I think a while on what I want to build for pure fun & track. Things are close to finalized on the 964 & will hopefully be buying back the shell. Glad to be back!
Herman would gladly receive a few parts to help make the buy back work. Drivers door, windscreen etc come to mind.
Old 04-03-2014 | 11:03 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

The next chapter begins! Picked up an 07 997 C4S, manual, non-sunroof, 52k kms, ex-UK. Interior is extremely tidy, corrosion after a thorough inspection is largely limited to exhaust - it's c-r-u-s-t-y! Needs a sports exhaust anyway. This will be primarily a roadie, while I think a while on what I want to build for pure fun & track - something along the lines of that orange IROC-ish 911 is where my thoughts lie. Things are close to finalized on the 964 & will hopefully be buying back the wreck. Glad to be back.
Needless to say 964 immunity is over if you take the 997 to the track
Old 04-03-2014 | 11:04 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Herman would gladly receive a few parts to help make the buy back work. Drivers door, windscreen etc come to mind.
You don't give up do you?!!

Chris - nice purchase. Will be an awesome DD while you sort other things. Steve can tell you how they go on track....
Old 04-03-2014 | 11:10 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
You don't give up do you?!! Chris - nice purchase. Will be an awesome DD while you sort other things. Steve can tell you how they go on track....
I've learned from Paul. No question is out of bounds :/

Not many GPW cars being relegated to the parts pool so no point in being a shrinking violet.
Old 04-04-2014 | 12:24 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Nice new wheels Chris - these 997's are a bit of a bargain at the moment.........
Old 04-04-2014 | 01:08 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Nice new wheels Chris - these 997's are a bit of a bargain at the moment.........
You've been saying that for a while and you're not wrong. Good looking car, extremely competent and able to be bought in the 60k's at the moment. Sensational value.
Old 04-04-2014 | 01:37 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Originally Posted by John McM
Needless to say 964 immunity is over if you take the 997 to the track
What if I make you a good deal on a door? :-)

Originally Posted by peterC2S
You don't give up do you?!! Chris - nice purchase. Will be an awesome DD while you sort other things. Steve can tell you how they go on track....
At least the corpse is basically cold now looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

Nice new wheels Chris - these 997's are a bit of a bargain at the moment......... .
I have to agree - I kept slowly climbing the slope and didn't quite feel the value was there for the 997.2's. I'm pretty stoked - there was a C2S in black (manual though the ad said tip) on Trademe just a couple days ago for ~$62k. I'm a sucker for the widebody, though.
Old 04-04-2014 | 01:38 AM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

The next chapter begins!

Picked up an 07 997 C4S, manual, non-sunroof, 52k kms, ex-UK. Interior is extremely tidy, corrosion after a thorough inspection is largely limited to exhaust - it's c-r-u-s-t-y! Needs a sports exhaust anyway.

This will be primarily a roadie, while I think a while on what I want to build for pure fun & track - something along the lines of that orange IROC-ish 911 is where my thoughts lie. Things are close to finalized on the 964 & will hopefully be buying back the wreck.

Glad to be back.
Good call Chris. Look forward to seeing it, looks nice on TradeMe. And good news re insurance and the option to buy the 964. Fun times ahead.
Old 04-04-2014 | 01:50 AM
Maxem
Drifting

I thought you'd gone all soft Chris, but I see a hot rod is still on the cards.
Old 04-04-2014 | 03:12 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Originally Posted by Maxem
I thought you'd gone all soft Chris, but I see a hot rod is still on the cards.
It gives me more ability to go ultra - no power anything, as electronically simple as possible & no driving aids.

Just will need to slow roll it to keep the finance office happy ...
Old 04-04-2014 | 05:03 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

The next chapter begins! Picked up an 07 997 C4S, manual, non-sunroof, 52k kms, ex-UK. Interior is extremely tidy, corrosion after a thorough inspection is largely limited to exhaust - it's c-r-u-s-t-y! Needs a sports exhaust anyway. This will be primarily a roadie, while I think a while on what I want to build for pure fun & track - something along the lines of that orange IROC-ish 911 is where my thoughts lie. Things are close to finalized on the 964 & will hopefully be buying back the wreck. Glad to be back.
Nice work! Glad to see the 997 pool growing Look forward to the next weekend run.

Nice new wheels Chris - these 997's are a bit of a bargain at the moment......... .
I can't disagree. A few bargains to be had, especially if you are happy with ex UK cars.
Old 04-04-2014 | 06:02 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Congratulations Chris. They are so nice to drive they can seduce you into being a softie, so watch out for that! Easy clutch, sensational steering and brakes, little wind noise at high speed, heaps of power and amazing handling. You could have a lot of fun "learning to drive it" at Hampton Downs chasing Steve in his.

Well done and welcome back. Where's the first long drive?
Old 04-04-2014 | 06:23 PM
PHG
Racer

Nice.. Chris
welcome to the water bucket chapter of the 'Groupe'..
Old 04-04-2014 | 06:59 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
Good call Chris. Look forward to seeing it, looks nice on TradeMe. And good news re insurance and the option to buy the 964. Fun times ahead.
Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Congratulations Chris. They are so nice to drive they can seduce you into being a softie, so watch out for that! Easy clutch, sensational steering and brakes, little wind noise at high speed, heaps of power and amazing handling. You could have a lot of fun "learning to drive it" at Hampton Downs chasing Steve in his. Well done and welcome back. Where's the first long drive?
Originally Posted by PHG
Nice.. Chris welcome to the water bucket chapter of the 'Groupe'..
Thanks guys! It'll be a great all-rounder. Biggest decision was tip vs manual in potential traffic. But as you say Doug, clutch (and broader power band) makes it almost a pleasure - at the end of the day I'm willing to pay the price in traffic for more fun elsewhere.

First double-take I did was trying to figure out where the heat exchangers were on the manifolds for a second or two.

First fun drive might be through the Hunua's this afternoon!
Old 04-04-2014 | 07:18 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Good decision on manual. The clutch and shift is lovely. Like you say, a pleasure. Don't forget to check the water. Ha. Curious.... Is it the pre-DFI, ie M97 engine?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?