Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Here is a good article about tyres for our cars (specifically Michelin).

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=920...6c3b6776b655c2

Graeme. The Macca Cup (now Plate) is awarded to the person who makes the biggest fool of themselves on a tour.

On the NITT it was Paul when he inadvertently started playing with wires under his dash while driving to Taupo in convoy.

On SITT it was looking like Matt after he spun into the kitty litter at Highlands and had to be towed out....but with a passenger on board - the wife of a supplier who was a bit nervous but wanted to go around the track in a "race car".

Paul snatched the cup back in a fluke move. At levels tech inspection the cup fell out of his trunk as he scrambled to show the battery compartment. He subsequently ran over and flattened it on his way out. It too a further 30 minutes for the establishment to locate the cups rightful owner. I was with Paul when he was asked if it was his. We both looked at each other, wet ourselves laughing and realised Paul had just secured his second tour of Macca Cup duty. I actually think we may never have to scribe his name on it again, just the years and the events name. Infact we should start calling it the Miller Cup....:-)
Old 04-06-2014, 04:49 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Here is a good article about tyres for our cars (specifically Michelin).

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=920...6c3b6776b655c2

Graeme. The Macca Cup (now Plate) is awarded to the person who makes the biggest fool of themselves on a tour.

On the NITT it was Paul when he inadvertently started playing with wires under his dash while driving to Taupo in convoy.

On SITT it was looking like Matt after he spun into the kitty litter at Highlands and had to be towed out....but with a passenger on board - the wife of a supplier who was a bit nervous but wanted to go around the track in a "race car".

Paul snatched the cup back in a fluke move. At levels tech inspection the cup fell out of his trunk as he scrambled to show the battery compartment. He subsequently ran over and flattened it on his way out. It too a further 30 minutes for the establishment to locate the cups rightful owner. I was with Paul when he was asked if it was his. We both looked at each other, wet ourselves laughing and realised Paul had just secured his second tour of Macca Cup duty. I actually think we may never have to scribe his name on it again, just the years and the events name. Infact we should start calling it the Miller Cup....:-)
Put simply, the cup (plate) is awarded to the person who does the most 'dumb-***' thing while on a NITT or a SITT.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:26 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

haha definitely hard to beat that one Paul
Old 04-06-2014, 07:12 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Alex has shared 15 full res photos via drop box. At 4mb each I will have to download these at home. Maybe it's time that Rennsport subscribed to a commercial drop box account so they are easily shared. As will the videos I'm compiling on the SITT.
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. Great Image. Doug should be proud.

Remember 6+ months ago I said getting Videographer to document and photograph our track exploits on SITT would have been worth a couple of hundy each? Photos like the above really make it as far as Im concerned. One good image like that can give years of pleasure on the wall. I know you are enjoying all the post production GoPro stuff, and we bloody well appreciate it, but next time take a load off and well all cough up for someone like Alex to slap Go Pros on the outside of our cars and take mega action pictures like these with is Canon 4.0L 300-400mm lense with 2x Teleconverter....

Im not sure but now these are in your drop box I think you can share them with the rest of us as Doug did with the SITT plans?
Old 04-06-2014, 09:21 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
John. Great Image. Doug should be proud. Remember 6+ months ago I said getting Videographer to document and photograph our track exploits on SITT would have been worth a couple of hundy each? Photos like the above really make it as far as Im concerned. One good image like that can give years of pleasure on the wall. I know you are enjoying all the post production GoPro stuff, and we bloody well appreciate it, but next time take a load off and well all cough up for someone like Alex to slap Go Pros on the outside of our cars and take mega action pictures like these with is Canon 4.0L 300-400mm lense with 2x Teleconverter.... Im not sure but now these are in your drop box I think you can share them with the rest of us as Doug did with the SITT plans?
That photo is 600kb. The actual file is 4.2mb so should be very printable. I will download the other 14 files tonight and work out how to share them. I have used all of my personal 3gb drop box allowance. Not keen, on a personal basis, to subscribe to commercial drop box allowances as I have no ongoing use for them and it's about $150 per year. I'll see if I can clear some more out of the personal lot to make room for these.

As for SITT footage. Even I can look at only so many car pics. People doing little things adds so much to the videos. Difficult to get that from an external person unless we do a kardashian effort. Look on the positive side, Alex and Doug gave us superb shorts for free.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:59 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try flickr.com for backing up and sharing your photos and videos. They offer 1 terabyte storage for free. You can make the images public, private or share with whoever. Some software like iPhoto has a direct upload to flickr making it even easier to get your images backed up straight away.

Been a while since I've had a decent look around but there's some other Porsche groups on there such as https://www.flickr.com/photos/93990307@N03/
Old 04-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and this one: https://www.flickr.com/groups/porsche964/pool
Old 04-07-2014, 01:01 AM
Ridgeline911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had 2 firsts on Sat. First time at HD and first time in my 84 911.
Was so much fun. Got 63 Laps in!
Car didn't miss a beat, brake pedal didn't change all day, and temps didn't move.

Name:  IMG_3159.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  62.7 KB

Anyone going out on 19th?
Old 04-07-2014, 03:01 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to go - 63 laps is one heck of a way to lose ones HD virginity!!

I think there will be a few of us out on the 19th - I'll be there with a matching "Potenza" banner which will date the last time our cars raced in anger! Have you booked for the general car group?

Be interested in what sort of lap times you managed first time out - from memory that car was pretty capable.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:24 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridgeline911
Had 2 firsts on Sat. First time at HD and first time in my 84 911.
Was so much fun. Got 63 Laps in!
Car didn't miss a beat, brake pedal didn't change all day, and temps didn't move.

Attachment 822575

Anyone going out on 19th?
Hi Ridgeline 911, tell me a bit more about the car, have you just recently got hold of it? What are the specs?
Old 04-07-2014, 03:36 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Alex has shared 15 full res photos via drop box. At 4mb each I will have to download these at home. Maybe it's time that Rennsport subscribed to a commercial drop box account so they are easily shared. As will the videos I'm compiling on the SITT.
Doug, I knew it wouldn't be long until you monstered a few GT3's. Did you take Matt under brakes, around the outside, or just drive by under power? What sort of a gap did you pull out after that shot was taken?
Looks like a great time. If you do it again, would you do the long drive or the transporter option?
Old 04-07-2014, 03:38 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

David you have a wicked sense of humour!
Old 04-07-2014, 03:46 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Pete. The Royals have landed. Happy Wife Happy Life for you for the next week or two ;-)
Old 04-07-2014, 03:47 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Macca hi res
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?