Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 12:58 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
I could probably be tempted! Although I'm unsure if I could keep up
Jake. You are on. Better still you can take it for a drive yourself and see what you think.

P.S. I cant even keep up with it when Im driving it!
Old 03-12-2014, 01:31 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John/Doug. There is radio silence on SITT RSG board. Im guessing Ron/Richard & Co dont have alerts set. Ill email them to tell them to look.

Do you know if we are picking up Rasso on the way down? I assumed so given the divert to Pirongia on the way down...
Old 03-12-2014, 01:38 AM
mjg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought he was meeting us in Wellington, but I'm outside of the organizational loop and just following along, so take that information with a grain of salt.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:39 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

You may be right. I recall he said he was staying with Chris.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:53 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Ive emailed Ron/Patsy & Richard to advise them they need to review RSG SITT thread and advise us on there weekend travel arrangements. I think at this stage we have three groups. John/Doug/Matt leaving Saturday for a more leisurely drive South, Ron/Patsy, Macca/Jo, Richard for a Sunday departure Rons ex targa roads route and Chris/Steve meeting in WTGN making their own time/arrnagements south .

All paths converge briefly for the voyage across the Cook Strait Tuesday 18 9am.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:05 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris B did a Chris M today (and it's caught perfectly on CCTV)

I will let him tell the story of Turn 1.

Good day this avo as know one there, basically only 5 cars on the track at any one time.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:06 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Pete,

I'm busting to see pic's of the 'red baron' on kiwi soil mate.

You are being mean......
Old 03-12-2014, 02:22 AM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have another one to add to all this talk of import/export and 964 prices going up. A colleagues friend based in the UK asked me today if I knew of a good c2/c4 manual in the 40-50k bracket to export. I had to say the last 2 publicallly listed sold within 24 hrs each and that 2 were sold without even getting to market here.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:33 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Pete,

I'm busting to see pic's of the 'red baron' on kiwi soil mate.

You are being mean......
I've had a roller coaster day.

Started with the news this morning from Contis that I have a busted front shock in the 944. Cracked outer and leaking oil.. Plan B was quickly looking like Plan Z. Rustled up some replacements from Steve/Dan (awesome assistance). Bloody lucky as they are Gaz Gold adjustable so I wouldn't have thought a stock item. At same time Contis sent the bad shock off for repair assessment.

By end of day it sounds like I'll have a repaired shock tomorrow morning and as a back up we'll bring the spare new ones with Dan. Plan B is back in business.

Meanwhile the Red Barron sailed through MAF - a whole $124 in charges. So ready to go to compliance in Mt Wellington but only problem - I'm in board meeting in Albany. Call to Tony - he shoots down, delivers it to VINZ and promptly forgets to take any photos!!! Does enjoy telling me how good it looks and how well the short shift feels

So I still haven't seen it in the flesh. We'll see if VINZ can help me out tomorrow - will be in at 7:30 am with the original V5 and see what they can do - apparently a few in the queue. Friday pm is D-day for Plan A.

And not even a car to go for a de-stress drive in!!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:36 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
I've had a roller coaster day.

Started with the news this morning from Contis that I have a busted front shock in the 944. Cracked outer and leaking oil.. Plan B was quickly looking like Plan Z. Rustled up some replacements from Steve/Dan (awesome assistance). Bloody lucky as they are Gaz Gold adjustable so I wouldn't have thought a stock item. At same time Contis sent the bad shock off for repair assessment.

By end of day it sounds like I'll have a repaired shock tomorrow morning and as a back up we'll bring the spare new ones with Dan. Plan B is back in business.

Meanwhile the Red Barron sailed through MAF - a whole $124 in charges. So ready to go to compliance in Mt Wellington but only problem - I'm in board meeting in Albany. Call to Tony - he shoots down, delivers it to VINZ and promptly forgets to take any photos!!! Does enjoy telling me how good it looks and how well the short shift feels

So I still haven't seen it in the flesh. We'll see if VINZ can help me out tomorrow - will be in at 7:30 am with the original V5 and see what they can do - apparently a few in the queue. Friday pm is D-day for Plan A.

And not even a car to go for a de-stress drive in!!
So it sounds like Red Baron will be on the SITT??
Old 03-12-2014, 02:47 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
John/Doug. There is radio silence on SITT RSG board. Im guessing Ron/Richard & Co dont have alerts set. Ill email them to tell them to look. Do you know if we are picking up Rasso on the way down? I assumed so given the divert to Pirongia on the way down...
Macca, all the current plans for when people meet, stay and their routes etc are in the itinerary in drop box. Links on the RSG SITT board. Razzo and Chris are making their own way to Wellington to catch the Tuesday am ferry They arrive in Wellington from Levin on Tuesday morning. They then follow our route to meet up with you in Franz Joseph after staying overnight in Hamner. Plans are changing a bit due to the cyclone but it will probably only effect timings.

EDIT: I see this was answered subsequently. Note to self, answer after reading all the posts :-)
Old 03-12-2014, 02:51 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterC2S
I've had a roller coaster day. Started with the news this morning from Contis that I have a busted front shock in the 944. Cracked outer and leaking oil.. Plan B was quickly looking like Plan Z. Rustled up some replacements from Steve/Dan (awesome assistance). Bloody lucky as they are Gaz Gold adjustable so I wouldn't have thought a stock item. At same time Contis sent the bad shock off for repair assessment. By end of day it sounds like I'll have a repaired shock tomorrow morning and as a back up we'll bring the spare new ones with Dan. Plan B is back in business. Meanwhile the Red Barron sailed through MAF - a whole $124 in charges. So ready to go to compliance in Mt Wellington but only problem - I'm in board meeting in Albany. Call to Tony - he shoots down, delivers it to VINZ and promptly forgets to take any photos!!! Does enjoy telling me how good it looks and how well the short shift feels So I still haven't seen it in the flesh. We'll see if VINZ can help me out tomorrow - will be in at 7:30 am with the original V5 and see what they can do - apparently a few in the queue. Friday pm is D-day for Plan A. And not even a car to go for a de-stress drive in!!
A friend is in MAF import car inspection and I asked them to look out for your car. Showed them pics of a red Cayman so they knew to look out for it. Dunno if it helped at all. I may find out in time.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:55 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Doug all good. Richard confirms original plans Sunday morning. He's checked out the met forecasts. Just awaiting Ron. Me think we will all meet a ferry sounds logical.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:17 AM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Chris B did a Chris M today (and it's caught perfectly on CCTV)

I will let him tell the story of Turn 1.

Good day this avo as know one there, basically only 5 cars on the track at any one time.
Yes, great day at Hampton Downs today, 3 cars in Prestige group, me (tag then Paul took over), McLaren and Aston Martin. My car is all prepped for SITT with new 997 Turbo rotors all round, new Pagid Yellow RS29 pads, new track tyres, new road tyres, full service, ecu upgrade, etc..

Couple of small issues today. ABS turned itself off as I went up the front straight, big lock up at 210km's and slide in to kitty litter, that's the video Paul saw, no damage though. Dan was there and reset error codes, did another session and no issues. Wrecked a set of tyres but they were being taken off and thrown out today anyway.

The other issue is that I keep get a boost error message and it drops off the ecu retune and caps it back to 0.6 bar boost v's the 1.1 I'm getting when the error message is reset.

Still managed to do a 1:15 with old tyres and low boost, so happy there is plenty more left yet with new tyres and hopefully getting the boost issue fixed.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:18 AM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by Macca
Doug all good. Richard confirms original plans Sunday morning. He's checked out the met forecasts. Just awaiting Ron. Me think we will all meet a ferry sounds logical.
Steve and I are driving down to Levin Monday afternoon and meeting everyone at the ferry in Wellington Tuesday morning.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?