Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I'm more worried about my expenses. $187 to stay in a motel. Now in a hotel where it's slightly cheaper but they charge $15 to park outside overnight or $20 for valet. It's an expensive city to stay in.
That's robbery. Id want a happy ending included for that price. Actually, in the Tron probably not. See Dave you could have been a Te Rapa Motel owner if you hadn't had bought that Alfa Stud!

Bob. Hard call on here for those parts I suspect. You could try Rasso but it might be just as cheap to contact Mark at Motorsport and order in new ones (unless they are hideously expensive). Hell be around 40% cheaper landed than EMD...
Old 11-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
That's robbery. Id want a happy ending included for that price. Actually, in the Tron probably not. See Dave you could have been a Te Rapa Motel owner if you hadn't had bought that Alfa Stud!

Bob. Hard call on here for those parts I suspect. You could try Rasso but it might be just as cheap to contact Mark at Motorsport and order in new ones (unless they are hideously expensive). Hell be around 40% cheaper landed than EMD...
Macca, I often wonder what my future would have looked like if I didn't blow it all on the wife, kids and cars. That Alfa Stud sprint QV 1.5 105bhp was the actual car I had when I met the current wife back in the 80's. Can you imagine a town full of bogans driving jacked up cornackers, eskies and angleboxes and then an Alfa turns up? No wonder she chose me. Jees, I must have been flash. (She is from Ngaruawahia, not the Tron so the competition was probably not that great).
Old 11-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Ngaruawahia? Jezz mate, she went to the "big smoke" and met her James Bond! I reckon you may have over invested a little in the Alfa though, truth be told. Unless her old man was a farmer and had a box at Eden Park of course. A clean XU1 would have had them queuing for a few blocks in the Tron surely!

Joking aside has anyone checked out the new Alfa 4C? Im seriously tempted to put a deposit down on this via a UK dealer. This is going to be one hell of a go cart. The aftermaket boys will have a ball. Thing is already good for 4.5s, paddle shift 4 cylinder 1970 cc making 237 bhp and 258lbft in a carbon tub weighing 895KG! Good brakes too. I think I may have found my track weapon. Im sure with an exhaust and a remap we are talking closer to 300 bhp and some trick suspension gear would see that thing circulate HD in 1.13 and be alot of fun. All for 80K!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Maxem
Drifting

I've tried very hard to like Alfa's. The most recent, a 159 (for the wife, she wanted to relive the fond memories of her youth in the tron with me and the alfa stud) was despatched fairly quickly. Piece of junk and the local dealer was the worst you would come across in terms of faulty product denial. Would love a 4c too, but it might be painfull.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Dave. I feel your pain. However I have a mate that drove the 4C a few weeks back. Hes a P-car guy. Was very impressed. They say they have the QC thing finally nailed. This is the last Alfa in our household. 2000 GTV with 2 owner genuine bought at 27,000 miles (sold at 43K) delivered to Tron Hamilton dealer to Waikato farmer whom died shortly after of cancer. 100% original down to the cotton stitching in the seats. Looked nicer than it drove!

So you can see. Sometimes good things can happen from the Tron....
Old 11-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

...pictures not loading sorry...
Old 11-04-2013, 08:47 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Dave, just walked past a funky building under construction. Is that your window system they're putting in next to the museum ?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Dave, just walked past a funky building under construction. Is that your window system they're putting in next to the museum ?
Not sure, we have licensed fabricators and don't always know what they are up to. Not too strong in commercial construction in the Tron so probably not
Old 11-04-2013, 10:19 PM
356Downunder
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Mark

Thanks....will try Rasmo.......but excuse my ignorance......Mark at Motorsport ??
Old 11-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Mate. As most on here know Im a huge fan of FDMotorsports in California and get 99% of my parts these days from them. they are cheaper than Sunset, have friendly shipping and invoice. I think quite a few of teh guys on here are now using them and can attest to their service. Quite honestly if someone has to bust a chair to give you some used motor parts they will probabluy charge you a day light robbery. Best check with Mark. His email is below, Mark & Darin are the owners and are Rennlist sponsors. They both own 993. Cool cats very helpful say I sent you and youll be looked after...

fdmotorsports@comcast.net
Old 11-04-2013, 11:41 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P.S. Did Tony buy that 964 C4 Pete?
Don't think so - pretty sure he would have told me. I did think it was on the cheap side, even with that interior and being an import. Its had some solid upgrades and if the engine is genuinely strong then I'd say its a good buy at that price. Someone else obviously thought so!
Old 11-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Was that the green one with a purple interior?
Old 11-04-2013, 11:45 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Was that the green one with a purple interior?
Yep - love the exterior, not too keen on the inside...!
Old 11-05-2013, 12:07 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Yep - love the exterior, not too keen on the inside...!
Cosmetics. Until I started looking at the options I didn't realise how easy it is to change the tone of the interior. There certainly were some interesting choices back then.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:19 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm more worried about my expenses. $187 to stay in a motel. Now in a hotel where it's slightly cheaper but they charge $15 to park outside overnight or $20 for valet. It's an expensive city to stay in.
Good to see our Jafa taxes are being applied

I'd happily let you park in my garage overnight for free though, just leave me your keys and I'll take care of everything. I'll even replace the petrol I use...

Seriously, I don't know if your evenings are full but if you want to meet for a quiet ale one night just let me know. There'll be no happy ending however!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?