Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 07:39 PM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Phil, sad to see you go, especially as you host the end of year bbq and drinks!
John, We can arrange something, which may include a day drive for the team..
Old 07-21-2016, 08:49 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Phil - looks like the sell was painless. I think you got a decent price for it. Nice work. But as others have said, don't think this gets you off the hook of EOY BBQ duties. You're welcome to take the 997 for a spin if you need to satiate the Turbo addiction.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:34 PM
grantd
Intermediate

All done 2 hours per side, nice easy job. Off for a drive to bed the new pads in.
Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2016, 09:39 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 626 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by grantd
There seems to be quite a bit o commentary on just what the min thickness is. Some say not to skim and Adrian Streather is quoted as saying 1mm either side wear = replacement. They have at least a 1mm lip on each side so my thinking is yes they are below min thickness. The front rotors a like new so i guess that must have been replaced at some stage.

Your C4 is looking fab
Thanks. The 964 discs have two mm of wear e.g. the fronts start at 28mm and need to be replaced at 26mm. I use two thick washers to get around the lip left by worn discs. Measure the thickness of 2 washers (must be thicker than the lip). Place either side of the work disc worn surface and subtract the washer thickness to get the actual thickness.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:41 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by grantd
All done 2 hours per side, nice easy job. Off for a drive to bed the new pads in.
Nice job.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:22 AM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by nzskater
Phil - looks like the sell was painless. I think you got a decent price for it. Nice work. But as others have said, don't think this gets you off the hook of EOY BBQ duties. You're welcome to take the 997 for a spin if you need to satiate the Turbo addiction.
cheers Jake.. I'll take you up on that.. already missing that which I was not using.. fickle creatures we humans!
Old 07-23-2016, 01:54 AM
PHG
Racer

The Pcar did not go without a fight, lads..
delivering to the transport company this morning.. ****ty day, ****ty traffic and ****ty mood combined..
Half way up the motorway before the Oteha Valley exit the spoiler hit something on the road.. unseen in the traffic and peeled off.. under the wheels, and also the next few cars behind.. trashed..
Jake, can you recall where you got the last ones from as I need to replace it.. guy bought in good faith and I sell the same way.. luckily no damage to the car
Old 07-23-2016, 02:02 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Phil I have a reasonable condition OE one sitting in my garage. $100 and it's yours. Just posted pics on the Rennsport FB page.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:55 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Phil I have a reasonable condition OE one sitting in my garage. $100 and it's yours. Just posted pics on the Rennsport FB page.
You mean CB page. CarpetBook ;-p
Old 07-23-2016, 06:03 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I see Brexit is already flowing through the NZ car market. Many near new luxury cars are on their way at sharp prices including plenty of Porsche I suspect. I fact one 997 manual I know of already (friend on Bob).

Check this brand new M3 out for 122k! Due September. On Trade me a BMW main agent us asking 170k for the same car new!!!

I suspect for the NZ official dealers Brexit and the GBP have upset things just as the imports were drying up and No longer a threat. I imagine we will see a lot of UK gear come here in the next 12 months including some interesting Porsches....yay
Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2016, 06:17 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
You mean CB page. CarpetBook ;-p
just keeping the pot simmering.

Part of it is pride in doing such a good job of it and hoping to spur on some nascent DIY capabilities in others.

The other part is showing potential owners exactly what is going into this car, complicated by some of them being on one of 3 different groups (air cooled, Rennsport and PCNZ). I have purposely left some items e.g. Carpet trim strips original as they are an expense someone may not be willing to pay for and if they are then it's a 10 minute job to fit them. I have also resisted the urge to swap items better in this car to Herman, like the as new gauges.

Not sure yet when I will market it and how. However it won't be caveat emptor and equally it won't be to the "I really like it but" types looking for a steal. Last night I told our oldest we had just done our wills and he was an executor. When I said they could sell what they liked they said the cars wouldn't go. Something in the DNA emerging there!
Old 07-23-2016, 06:25 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
I see Brexit is already flowing through the NZ car market. Many near new luxury cars are on their way at sharp prices including plenty of Porsche I suspect. I fact one 997 manual I know of already (friend on Bob).

Check this brand new M3 out for 122k! Due September. On Trade me a BMW main agent us asking 170k for the same car new!!!

I suspect for the NZ official dealers Brexit and the GBP have upset things just as the imports were drying up and No longer a threat. I imagine we will see a lot of UK gear come here in the next 12 months including some interesting Porsches....yay
I still have a latent interest in DB9 Astons. Maybe this is the opportunity if I had somewhere to store one? Cheap money will be around for a long while yet, but the confidence may not come back any time soon. NZ has its own issues with RBNZ cutting off credit. Not sure it affects everyone though. The house next door was bought by Russians who have completely stripped the interior of all gib, carpet, bathrooms, kitchen etc. I doubt they have a mortgage.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:42 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

NZ has its own issues with RBNZ cutting off credit. Not sure it affects everyone though. The house next door was bought by Russians who have completely stripped the interior of all gib, carpet, bathrooms, kitchen etc. I doubt they have a mortgage.
I heard the ANZ will no longer allow you to use existing equity to fund new rental properties...??

I might have to give the bank a call to test this rumor? If this is correct and people can't use their new found paper wealth to fund the next property, this will slow things down.

In saying this, I understand 45% of all houses don't have mortgages and apparently a large chunck of the new rental purchases are the same too? I guess this underwrites property not really falling in value during down turns as
most people are unencumbered or owe burger all?

If you can't use equity to fund property deals, I wonder how all theses houses that need building will get funded??
Old 07-23-2016, 08:47 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

When I said they could sell what they liked they said the cars wouldn't go. Something in the DNA emerging there!

I have said in my 'schedule of wishes' that my cars don't need to be kept and I would wish for them to be sold.............

You watch Chasing Classic Cars and every second story is of a car sitting for decades and decaying as the family can't bring themselves to sell dad's car.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:02 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. I don't think you will need to advertise the 964 for sale. I imagine a deal will be lined up long before it comes to that.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?