Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 05:32 AM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

Nope. I use http://yahoo.aleado.com/26322-catlist.html but chrome will translate for you. Yahoo japan is good for some things but dont expect to be able to ask questions on an auction. My fav search items are Porsche wheels, seats, and Ruf.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:29 PM
esonefour
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buyee is very good with consolidation and you only pay when you win the auction unlike some sites.
Moonlight racing is good for bigger items, wheels bumpers etc.
but be prepared to pay almost double with tax freight and commission.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:15 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Silver 964 Carrera 4 on TM, high mileage example, nice colour will be interesting to see what it goes for...

https://trademe.co.nz/1030279283
Old 02-08-2016, 01:34 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Silver 964 Carrera 4 on TM, high mileage example, nice colour will be interesting to see what it goes for...

It's already hit $50,000. I saw it this morning and posted my thoughts on the air cooled forum. I think it's close to full value there. It needs a few things cosmetically to sort out and I didn't drive it so that's an unknown. It bodes well for prices generally.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:55 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
It's already hit $50,000. I saw it this morning and posted my thoughts on the air cooled forum. I think it's close to full value there. It needs a few things cosmetically to sort out and I didn't drive it so that's an .
I agree.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:57 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm always aiming for a garage where there is nothing on the floor except the cars.
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2016, 04:22 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
I'm always aiming for a garage where there is nothing on the floor except the cars.
I'm a huge fail on that front.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:58 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

And the auction process starts to bog down when you check the questions and answers sections. Unfortunate that the seller chose to use the F bomb in his question response. I think it's why he chose a for sale ad originally i.e. he hasn't got a lot of patience for wallies.

For others looking, I think I slightly overvalued this with a bid for $48k given directly on the day as I presumed it was a reasonable runner. Going through the list of items needed it would be smarter to buy a sorted one as one surprise and its $$$$ and the end result is still a car with 237,000 km on the engine and drivetrain.

It has had small accident damage to the rear quarter in the past (just a tap, I think) and I suspect it would need a front end respray (possibly mismatched paint already, I couldn't see as it was In a storage unit). The engine was dry, which is good. Rear indicators shot, side rubbers need replacing. Driver seat torn. Dirty linen interior. Fan is perfect. Original engine mounts. Think californication.

Last edited by John McM; 02-08-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Maxem
Drifting

And the auction process starts to bog down. Unfortunate that the seller chose to use the F bomb in his question response. I think it's why he chose a for sale ad originally i.e. he hasn't got a lot of patience for wallies.

For others looking, I think I slightly overvalued this with a bid for $48k given directly on the day as I presumed it was a reasonable runner. Going through the list of items needed it would be smarter to buy a sorted one as one surprise and its $$$$ and the end result is still a car with 237,000 km on the engine and drivetrain.
Yes, surprising. Don't know the guy but my perception changed immediately upon seeing that sort of response to questions. One would assume that if there were any undisclosed problems at sale time he would tell you where to go swiftly.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:33 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Yes, surprising. Don't know the guy but my perception changed immediately upon seeing that sort of response to questions. One would assume that if there were any undisclosed problems at sale time he would tell you where to go swiftly.
He openly disclosed to Donna and I that he was under personal financial pressure to sell. He wouldn't have gone to Auction if someone hadn't rung and filled his head with thoughts of $60k. I wished him well (still do) but did tell him that trademe auctions are not 100% certain to settle. I sincerely hope that is not the case here. As far as I know I (C4 fanboy) am the only person who has seen the car and I'm no longer bidding. This may end badly if the bidders don't do their due diligence.

Update: F bomb removed from his auction answers so all is peaceful again in the "Tardme jungle". Maybe this will yet be an open indicator of the market, albeit for a lower condition car. We may yet need a good one to come to market with great pics and a full accurate condition description. Macca, you up for another go?

Last edited by John McM; 02-08-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

He openly disclosed to Donna and I that he was under personal financial pressure to sell. He wouldn't have gone to Auction if someone hadn't rung and filled his head with thoughts of $60k. I wished him well (still do) but did tell him that trademe auctions are not 100% certain to settle. I sincerely hope that is not the case here. As far as I know I (C4 fanboy) am the only person who has seen the car and I'm no longer bidding. This may end badly if the bidders don't do their due diligence. Update: F bomb removed from his auction answers so all is peaceful again in the "Tardme jungle". Maybe this will yet be an open indicator of the market, albeit for a lower condition car. We may yet need a good one to come to market with great pics and a full accurate condition description. Macca, you up for another go?

As always I'm shocked at the quality of the advertising. Decent descriptions, interior shots, proper answers etc.
Unfortunately John whilst I understand sales and marketing I don't think I could go through the tardme process again, not least because I'm rarely in NZ to deal with tyre kickers and even when I am I'm usually busy with track days or drives.
If the 993 ever got sold would be a private offer type deal I suspect....

pS for the condition you describe that 964 is now at the higher end of the market IMO. I hope someone isn't disappointed when they see the interior but the blessing is they will probably be clueless enough to not understand a full engine refurb (will need more that top end soon), gearbox and diff refresh will likely set them back 35-40k in the future before the cosmetics are started...
Old 02-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Maxem
Drifting

He openly disclosed to Donna and I that he was under personal financial pressure to sell. He wouldn't have gone to Auction if someone hadn't rung and filled his head with thoughts of $60k. I wished him well (still do) but did tell him that trademe auctions are not 100% certain to settle. I sincerely hope that is not the case here. As far as I know I (C4 fanboy) am the only person who has seen the car and I'm no longer bidding. This may end badly if the bidders don't do their due diligence.

Update: F bomb removed from his auction answers so all is peaceful again in the "Tardme jungle". Maybe this will yet be an open indicator of the market, albeit for a lower condition car. We may yet need a good one to come to market with great pics and a full accurate condition description. Macca, you up for another go?
I'd like that blue 911SC with a 3.2 to come back down to earth.

I don't get it. Why would someone call the seller of the '64 and talk it up?
Old 02-08-2016, 04:12 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

As always I'm shocked at the quality of the advertising. Decent descriptions, interior shots, proper answers etc.
Unfortunately John whilst I understand sales and marketing I don't think I could go through the tardme process again, not least because I'm rarely in NZ to deal with tyre kickers and even when I am I'm usually busy with track days or drives.
If the 993 ever got sold would be a private offer type deal I suspect....

pS for the condition you describe that 964 is now at the higher end of the market IMO. I hope someone isn't disappointed when they see the interior but the blessing is they will probably be clueless enough to not understand a full engine refurb (will need more that top end soon), gearbox and diff refresh will likely set them back 35-40k in the future before the cosmetics are started...
Perversely, Nigel has spent the last 10 years doing exactly what some of us espouse i.e. just driving the car. The car condition reflects that. I expect it could be a reliable get in and drive car for another 100,000km as is. However, to lift it to the average RSG 964 condition would likely cost more than buyers are factoring in on the Auction. If you really want one, how long are you prepared to wait for the next one? That must factor into buying behaviour as well. We can sit in the sidelines and comment like the crows in Dumbo because we already have skin in the game. I'll tell you it sucks having a scratch that can't itched.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:18 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

I don't get it. Why would someone call the seller of the '64 and talk it up?
I suspect a mixture of self interest (existing owners not wanting their cars devalued by a low sale price - Jake encountered that with the wide body tipo a while back) and a sense of need for people to be fair. Possibly also a dislike of flippers, of which there have been a few lately e.g. Red C2, Blue Tipo.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:43 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Honestly, the sellers behaviour spits in the face of the community that has offered advice on him selling the car. Like others, I'm off put by his choice of words, and suspect this will tarnish the auction process. I recognise the retardedness of Trademe, but most of the questions are valid and from people passionate about Porsche (his target market!).

Also think the advice he's had has skewed the auction in the wrong direction. Sure it's "protected" the community from flippers, but it also represents a form of value manipulation from current owners as John suggested, and prevents newbies from getting into their dream car, stifling growth of the community to a certain degree.

I'd put money on this falling through in the end.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?