Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015 | 04:10 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Had no idea they gave loan cars just for a geo however. Must remember that...
You're forgetting his new status as VP PCNZ

Was that a marketing plug we heard from him on the previous page?!
Old 06-22-2015 | 04:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
You're forgetting his new status as VP PCNZ Was that a marketing plug we heard from him on the previous page?!
I thought so too. But it was just a geo after all. Jake has started using them for his mechanical work. Looks good so far. Awaiting his final assessment once his project wraps up. Any idea what they charge per hour for PCNZ members? One thing I would miss there is the open car park full of fruit and the easy access to the workshop on display as it is at CCS so you can really see what's going on and actually get in under your own car. Car park is a great place to catch up with PCNZ stalwarts and RSGers etc. sometimes you even catch the odd glimpse of Mr Camp as he parks roadside and does a dash in to see if there is anything worthwhile to eyeball :-)

Johns right. We need another good Independant. Be nice to have an I house geo guru too. Someone been supporting 911 race cars.

I'm going to be patient with CCS a while longer. But for me they are on trial. I believe in building a relationship with my shop. 15 years at CCS but today I only have a fairly new relationship with a tech on the floor. I won't jump ship just for a loan car and tinsel. Got that t-shirt. I've been keeping across others experiences with alternative shops. Not sure there is a clean cut alternative.
Old 06-22-2015 | 05:26 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
That's my experience to date. I'd add the 987 S model to the possibilities as the GTS is still big $.
agree in gen 2 variation provides good NZ back road car option too...
My gen 1 987 is no slouch either aye Macca. Having had two of them, the addition of PASM and sports exhaust makes it pretty good for B roads. However, the road surface needs to be reasonable to run with PASM on. I did a lot of January back road runs with PASM on and then ripped up a rear tyre which had probably already been damaged (driven on while low pressure by previous owner most likely). Yesterday's run was quite rough (but good) and I ran with it off. Because the surface was damp about 40% of the time I guess I wasn't pushing that hard. Was nice not having Paul breathing right up my **** and I learned why when we stopped in Huntly for brunch got the all shook up story.

I'd be interested in Matts comments on his 996.2 GT3. After all he did a lot of miles in it on the SITT last year. Good roads down there though.

Horses for courses. I drove to the Tron today in the mobile sofa. It worked brilliantly, for what is a mundane commute. The GT3 sounds like it is focused for a great track drive. The R is somewhere in between. Trying to make the GT3 civilised for B roads may compromise it. Sounds like a 2 car strategy.
Agree. Now Paul has a good reason to keep the 993 ;-).
Old 06-22-2015 | 05:33 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

This is much of the run we did on Sunday, the route having been figured out by Ron S. However we shortened it by turning left on SH22 instead of right after the big bridge just after Tuakau. Was much nicer yesterday than the weekend prior John M. That one really was wet :-(
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2015 | 05:37 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Johns right. We need another good Independant. Be nice to have an I house geo guru too. Someone been supporting 911 race cars.
Step in Dave, who announces his return from retirement to open a RSG, that's Renegade Splinter Gruppe, centre that caters to enthusiast culture based European vehicle services, from storage/display, coffee lounge, media/entertainment area, let alone the best in full service mechanical services.
Old 06-22-2015 | 09:26 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
This is much of the run we did on Sunday, the route having been figured out by Ron S. However we shortened it by turning left on SH22 instead of right after the big bridge just after Tuakau. Was much nicer yesterday than the weekend prior John M. That one really was wet :-(
Doug. for some reason I thought yours was a Gen II car? It's definitely suited well to NZ roads. Sounds good too.

done that road a few times with Rons group. Nice drive. Thinking to head down that back way in SHW22 to Pirongia or NiTT pop out Taupo or carry on down? Need to find a good route can start early from Auckland on 11 avoid traffic have coffee it's Steve leisurely lunch in Taupo the mosey down getting in early for dinner and sleep...

Chris. who is this Dave you speak of? If it is true I will name the fruit of my loins in honour of his name!!
Old 06-22-2015 | 09:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Doug. You need to try that PASM module Jake and Chris have. I think it may be the answer to getting your PSAM works Ng better across a great variety of roads. The obviously improved it because in the new cars it's benign...
Old 06-22-2015 | 04:44 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

http://www.dscsport.com/
This is the module. Highly recommend it. Interestingly, they do have a product they're calling a standalone kit, but it doesn't have a lot of detail. Would indicate the ability to retrofit?
Old 06-22-2015 | 06:36 PM
Moochier
Instructor

Originally Posted by Moochier
Step in Dave, who announces his return from retirement to open a RSG, that's Renegade Splinter Gruppe, centre that caters to enthusiast culture based European vehicle services, from storage/display, coffee lounge, media/entertainment area, let alone the best in full service mechanical services.
Sorry mind blank there, I meant Dean ex CCS!
Old 06-22-2015 | 06:46 PM
cbnz
Instructor

Quote: Well done Craig. This one just listed but on the pricey side. Last one I saw was the Red one at CCS (Peugeot) which was in the 90's. Concept car hire also had a silver one - not sure if it sold.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-906584291.htm

Thanks Pete, seems its not NZ new, according to Carjam anyway. The red one was manual.

TM will not be taking the car on track, or so he told me anyway!
Old 06-22-2015 | 08:29 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cbnz

TM will not be taking the car on track, or so he told me anyway!
Yes - not in the near future - once bitten, twice shy..............
Old 06-22-2015 | 09:11 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Yes - not in the near future - once bitten, twice shy..............
A pity, but understandable.
Old 06-23-2015 | 01:29 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

A pity, but understandable.
They have had a bad run at the track. Tonys wife cooked her Boxster engine at the track (2012 Porsche Parade). She had only had the car a short while. It was a 986 Gen 2. It was an oil starvation issue IIRC. First and only time on track. Then Tony's 993 accident in 2014. Tony wasnt a track regular so I dont blame him from wanting to stay away now.
Old 06-23-2015 | 02:06 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Facebook Post
Old 06-23-2015 | 02:36 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Good on him for calling a spade a spade. Nice to see someone put their mouth where there money is/was. Tony is a hard *** aye. There is no doubt. Real shame though as along with support with the Millen family this was set to become an international rally sprint fixture of Pike Peak significance which would have brought real dollars and real GROWTH to the economy (not like the current NZ immigration policy IMO).

I really hope Tony is successful with his endeavours in NZ and the red tape, bureaucracy, tall poppy syndrome and overall complacency and increasing PCness of the place does not scare him away. We need more people like Quinn to invest in NZ and shake us all awake a bit I reckon.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?