Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 01:40 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Busted.

Rock up to Whangarei. Leave R parked in back of motel car park and someone at the Bank gives me a lift to work, not knowing what I drove here. All going well until I meet Shannon's mum at the Bank who asks which Porsche I brought. Busted.
Everyone knows that Porsches are driven by Bankers
Old 05-04-2015, 01:51 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
haha nice humour - be even funnier if we all didn't own these cars too
Old 05-04-2015, 02:08 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J1NX3D
We had the Ferrari Club making an outing to Whenuapai airbase on Sunday. Beautiful cars.
Stu, Luke, Matt and I were there yesterday too.

Stu and Matt as drivers, Luke and I as passengers.........
Old 05-04-2015, 02:17 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know of this car? http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-883256994.htm

4 64's up for sale today 3 tips and the bagged car above
Old 05-04-2015, 02:46 AM
racoguy
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

Rim halves arrived ex Germany........
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2015, 02:47 AM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by 993 Targa
Nice photos! I wish I'd taken some more shots of the 575 in that company but I'm always too busy taking things in with my eyes and I forget to take photos!
Totally understandable! I got only a few.

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Stu, Luke, Matt and I were there yesterday too.

Stu and Matt as drivers, Luke and I as passengers.........
Very cool. I knew it was on because of the base motorsports club. My wife excused me to pop into work and take photos. (ahem... first wedding anniversary) I have just finished my posting at 5 Sqn so it was neat to see a sea of red, yellow and black around the grey orions. Pretty hard to get them all in shot with my dinky little camera though.
Attached Images       
Old 05-04-2015, 02:55 AM
young_dennis
Advanced

Originally Posted by racoguy
Rim halves arrived ex Germany........
Looking good!
Old 05-04-2015, 03:18 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Loving those Ferrari pics and the F40 still does it for me.

Yeah John, might be safer to just tell people that you are a p*rn director!

For those who missed it the first time (with DailyMotion removing it), here's that 996T spin clip from last Tuesday's fantastic RSG Last of the Summer Rum wet track day:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2odu8w_walt-996-turbo-wet-spin-hampton-downs-t10-28-4-2015_auto
As mentioned, I almost saved it - should probably have given it less steering and more gas after the initial catch. At the time though I was already pretty happy just to keep it on track and slow it down.

It started because I fed power in a little too early in an effort to hang with the guys on R-comps when the track reopened after an oil spillage had been kitty littered. The moment the rears lose traction the revs surge up and she steps out. Once the back had started sliding off the narrow drier racing line and the front had to follow to catch the initial oversteer, options were pretty limited as traction just plummeted. Same spot that Macca spun at, around the same time.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:25 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Blimmen heck Walt you did well to almost hold that. Almost looks like you needed to get back on the gas just towards the end?

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Loving those Ferrari pics and the F40 still does it for me.

Yeah John, might be safer to just tell people that you are a p*rn director!

For those who missed it the first time (with DailyMotion removing it), here's that 996T spin clip from last Tuesday's fantastic RSG Last of the Summer Rum wet track day:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2o...28-4-2015_auto

As mentioned, I almost saved it - should probably have given it less steering and more gas after the initial catch. At the time though I was already pretty happy just to keep it on track and slow it down.

It started because I fed power in a little too early in an effort to hang with the guys on R-comps when the track reopened after an oil spillage had been kitty littered. The moment the rears lose traction the revs surge up and she steps out. Once the back had started sliding off the narrow drier racing line and the front had to follow to catch the initial oversteer, options were pretty limited as traction just plummeted. Same spot that Macca spun at, around the same time.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:49 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thats a great effort Walt and sure is fun to watch. I was the next lap Im guessing as it seemed from the footage wetter still and I would argue the tyre of choice was roadies not R comps for group 3 as we seemed to attract the rain. With 2WD chassis I dont think I could even have attempted to wrestle it back like you almost did and once across the oil line I was along for the ride. Call it over exuberance (or stupidity!). Yours is a great video tho!
Old 05-04-2015, 04:23 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice Walt, quick hands. I thought those modern hyper cars couldn't get a good tank slapper going?
Old 05-04-2015, 05:06 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice Walt, quick hands. I thought those modern hyper cars couldn't get a good tank slapper going?
Mine's pretty much analogue. I'm much happier still having some control of the car, rather than having it plough wide like a zombie - with me hoping it decides to hand control back sometime before it goes off. I ended up slowing the vid down to 1/16th to review what I was doing and when. My initial reaction was good - a small correction that would normally work, followed by a big one when that proved insufficient. The big reaction at the beginning was warranted, as was the first catch the other way but I then should have tapered off my steering inputs and fed in a little power once the car had slowed.

The biggest issue here was that grip dropped by at least 30 percent as she came off the dry line, when I was already maxed out so I couldn't give it much gas to help stabilise the car. My other Turn 10 spin some years ago was in the dry, from entering it much too hot at the PCNZ Sprints. I limit braked to the point of unsticking the rear then got on the gas and power slid the entire sweeper before muffing the exit of the drift and looping out in a similar way to how this one ended, and at the same point on track.

Macca, R-comps stay faster than streets until it's wet enough to have some standing water. Once it gets crazy wet, where the surface of the track looks like a lake, then streets will be considerable faster - eg for that one downpour on Turn 10 later in the day that had them waving yellow, or Taupo on last year's North Island Track tour.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:09 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Mine's pretty much analogue. I'm much happier still having some control of the car, rather than having it plough wide like a zombie - with me hoping it decides to hand control back sometime before it goes off.

The biggest issue here was that grip dropped by at least 30 percent as she came off the dry line, when I was already maxed out. My other Turn 10 spin some years ago was in the dry, from entering it much too hot at the PCNZ Sprints. I limit braked to the point of unsticking the rear then got on the gas and power slid the entire sweeper before muffing the exit of the drift and looping out in a similar way to how this one ended.

Macca, R-comps stay faster than streets until it's wet enough to have standing water (like with that one downpour on Turn 10 later in the day that had them waving yellow, or Taupo on last year's North Island Track tour).
Damn quick work there - really looked like you were going to recover on each iteration!
Old 05-04-2015, 05:18 AM
CS Mende
Pro

So spoiled for choice we were this weekend! Two 2K Cup races, a Ron's Run, the photoshoot run and who knows what else plus some fine weather to top it all off.

Not me, boys. Got overzealous eliminating my Great Southern Motorway Vacuum Nozzles and chewed up the whole weekend.

I just couldn't resist cleaning/coating/waxing pieces, brushing & zincing screws that looked nasty, and straightening out radiator fins.

Very happy with the finished product, though! Ignore my license plate munge 😎 wishing I hadn't mentioned to the CFO the cost of official euro plates.
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2015, 05:23 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Dang ole app will only let me post one photo.

This is how much junk I pulled from one side. This is in addition to the fistful of cigarette butts (grr) and random crap I pull out on a bi-weekly basis. Insane. Wasn't looking forward to the day I grabbed a hypodermic.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?