Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 09:00 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Brilliant quote. Wish it didn't apply to my waistline though - it's on one of those semi-random walks - lost weight since November but the long term trend is less favourable! Heh heh - John's problem is that your neighbours are his neighbours too. If it's an open invitation though...
Walter, you've already done your launch control in out street.

In a time honoured tradition I whinge about the mid life crisis toys blasting up my street and then do it in someone else's. NIMBY. Still appreciate a flat six noise, less enthused about other cars unless they can demonstrate good heel toe action as they come to a halt in front of Dave's place.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:07 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Mate. Dont listen to us we were just ribbing you. You have impressed me with all the Integra work and are no doubt far more capable than myself or Buba on the tools and if you can get pleasure dong this work yourself whilst saving some money sounds like a win win to me..
Agreed - we are just provoking a reaction, and we believe you know that.

Between you and Dave building his own seats - I am envious and jealous or your skills........
Old 02-16-2015, 09:12 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Thanks for posting MrPhil.

So looks like you need to spend circa $210K when club sport and sports chrono is added.

It's quite cheap in today's money given my 993 (base model C2) had a sticker price of $220K in 1995.

Macca - can you work your magic and let us know what you would expect to land a Tourist Delivery car for?? (will give you something to do this avo.........)
Old 02-16-2015, 09:34 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Walter, you've already done your launch control in out street.

In a time honoured tradition I whinge about the mid life crisis toys blasting up my street and then do it in someone else's. NIMBY. Still appreciate a flat six noise, less enthused about other cars unless they can demonstrate good heel toe action as they come to a halt in front of Dave's place.
Most do, but alas, it's the PDK (et al) that makes them sound like heel and toe gods on the down shifts.....
Old 02-16-2015, 09:45 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Thanks for posting MrPhil. So looks like you need to spend circa $210K when club sport and sports chrono is added. It's quite cheap in today's money given my 993 (base model C2) had a sticker price of $220K in 1995. Macca - can you work your magic and let us know what you would expect to land a Tourist Delivery car for?? (will give you something to do this avo.........)
At $150k it's a market disruptor in NZ, but not with two cars landed at that price.

At $200k + I can't see NZ new cars dislocating the local GT3 or even the Cayman markets.

Pete, maybe that R buyer had the inside word?

Macca. I'll ride shotgun with you again if Jo bails in Provence.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:56 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Agreed - we are just provoking a reaction, and we believe you know that. Between you and Dave building his own seats - I am envious and jealous or your skills........
Yes, I know yanking my chain Given you run around the track in cars with my handiwork I figured that you weren't too concerned.

Who's driving BB2 to Taupo?

We need to get some organisation going. I have entered the Grinch. We need entry for BB2, accommodation. Music selection for BB3 (Black Behemoth) only as BB2 is just road noise for the 8 hour return journey.

BB2 must be due for its WOF as well. Hint. Of you are really keen you can get the toe settings changed for race mode.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:49 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I know yanking my chain Given you run around the track in cars with my handiwork I figured that you weren't too concerned.

Who's driving BB2 to Taupo?

We need to get some organisation going. I have entered the Grinch. We need entry for BB2, accommodation. Music selection for BB3 (Black Behemoth) only as BB2 is just road noise for the 8 hour return journey.

BB2 must be due for its WOF as well. Hint. Of you are really keen you can get the toe settings changed for race mode.
I'm happy to register BB2 for Taupo and drive her down (+ do my best to handle the WOFing - any recommended garages?). My earlier post was just checking Paul hadn't already entered her. Should've asked again when I spoke with him an hour ago. Off to HD for Uncles runs now so will follow up later.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:56 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow. MrPhil. Thanks so much for posting that information!

This is good news!! Graeme will be a happy man.

I have not punched in the full options value for NZ or collected my spreadsheet for NZ standard iptions (I guessed teh fill leather/alacantara package with they are not gong with but instead the spec Navigation which I did not but assumed tehy would go upgrade audio, bluetooth phone etc so its swings and round abouts).

No one will order the clubsport package - it comes without teh seats! In NZ if you want teh sseats and clubsport option as on my GT3 you pay $15000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assume you take the 011 buckets and some other options including teh NZ standard ones you come in around 149,500 NZD landed and GST!

The NZ pricing is very good news for us. We assumed 185K base in our modelling. They have obviously given up fighting the imports on this model...
Old 02-16-2015, 11:05 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

At $150k it's a market disruptor in NZ, but not with two cars landed at that price.

At $200k + I can't see NZ new cars dislocating the local GT3 or even the Cayman markets.

Pete, maybe that R buyer had the inside word?

Macca. I'll ride shotgun with you again if Jo bails in Provence.
100% spot on with your analogy.

Game on re Provence!!

Cant believe PNZ shot themselves in the foot with this car...this should gave been a sub 200K car for them fully specced. Man they arent working hard for their marketshare...tooo many easy Macan sale aye!
Old 02-16-2015, 11:06 PM
mrphil
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not cheap at all the NZ GT4

i have all the options prices too, pm me your email and i can forward you the email
Old 02-16-2015, 11:17 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrphil
Not cheap at all the NZ GT4

i have all the options prices too, pm me your email and i can forward you the email
Hi mate. Thanks kindly. Will do. By way of example PNZ ask 2.65vx the Euro ex VAT price for options in NZ. So landed price P11 sports bucket seats is $4000 NZD inc GST if you import parallel vs 6000 NZD if you order through P dealer in NZ. That's across the board any model. There will be 3 orders going grey for GT4 at this rate and there is no wonder why? Of course issue may be getting allocation!

Last edited by Macca; 02-17-2015 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:51 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
I'm happy to register BB2 for Taupo and drive her down (+ do my best to handle the WOFing - any recommended garages?). My earlier post was just checking Paul hadn't already entered her. Should've asked again when I spoke with him an hour ago. Off to HD for Uncles runs now so will follow up later.
No not entered her, JMc is the race team manager......
Old 02-17-2015, 01:53 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi mate. Thanks kindly. Will do. By way of example PNZ ask 2.65vx the Euro ex VAT price for options in NZ. So landed price P11 sports bucket seats is $4000 NZD inc GST if you import parallel vs 6000 NZD if you order through P dealer in NZ. That's across the board any model. There will be 3 orders going grey for GT4 at this rate and there is no wonder why? Of course issue may be getting allocation!
You, Graham and ?? (Pete??)
Old 02-17-2015, 02:00 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

No not entered her, JMc is the race team manager......
I will send you both an email with the details you need to enter but basically one person needs to enter BB and pay. I've already done that with Grinch (Walter, I hope you didn't break it at Uncles).

The other person then needs to enter both cars with themselves as the driver, but select pay by cheque.

With that done, the organisers can link a driver to a car
Old 02-17-2015, 02:02 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
Nope, talked to Blair and ok so long as all have helmet
Holy cow - it really is the wild west.........

(you can run shot gun with me next time - I'll try not to kill you........)

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?