Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014 | 05:34 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Originally Posted by O2GO
Micheal, gidday!! We are missing your prose and humour around these parts.

Lola goes to Pirongia at long last next weekend. :-)
Thanks mate, you're too kind. That's great news about Lola, how long will she be there for? I'll probably be out that way just before Christmas.
Old 11-22-2014 | 05:40 AM
Luke944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Its a good cohesive look Luke. The large oval rear exhaust pipes really make a 993 IMO (pretty sure Paul will agree). Black would be a good colour to two tone the interior with and Black 3 spoke wheels are very affordable. Some Matts and having the back of the door card done in black would break it up very well. wheels in 18" are hard. The 17s are already a very nice design. Im yet to find the perfect set. The ones I have are temporary (my track wheels). The only wheels I can 100% say suit the car IMO are the original speed-line RS wheels (you need to get the chassis down to at least RS+10mm to get the best look from them). Problem is Ive owned them and they are a nightmare to keep (problems with de lamination of clear coat on the forges outer rim and corrosion then electrolysis of the galvinised bolts against the alloy). Furthermore they are supper heavy and expensive at around 8-9K NZD landed new. Other options from RH Allurad, Tramount, Kerscher etc are available cheaper but all have their + & -
Large ovals are certainly on the list. The rear end on a 993 really is a beauty. I see there are a heap of threads on the other RS replicas so I'll work my way through them. Can't justify the coin for the real deal.

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Luke is your car the ex-Graham Cameron car?
Not sure sorry Paul. Don't know the name. The CarJam report I bought doesn't give the names but from that it started out in Auckland, then Hamilton, before CCS and two Wellington owners.
Old 11-22-2014 | 05:47 AM
Obsessed
Pro

You punched well above your weight that day. If memory serves me correct you were in the top 5 with some seriously fast cars there.

Yes - will be soft asphalt.

I'm trying to do events to get more people to come (like all the lurkers on here......)

Would be good to get some new faces and cars come along.
My memory matches your memory -- I think it was 5th, and just pipped the GT-R

To be fair, I think it was less a test of speed and skill and more a test of how willing you were to damage your car's tyres/paintwork/underside! I remember quite a few people there with nice tidy fast cars looking a bit green at the gills. We were warned about the rough surface though, so can't complain.

Great work on this, appreciate it!
Old 11-22-2014 | 02:51 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

What are your plans Steve.

Stage 1 is looking good to me:
Early stages. So far, been talking to Absolute Upholstery http://www.absoluteupholstery.co.nz in Wellington. Anyone use him? Looking at sourcing a complete hide - classic grey.

This winter planning on taking out the centre console, upper and lower dash, handbrake. Still figuring out what to do with the doors. I would like to de-clutter the doors. I have a leather gear boot, but I will get another made, not very happy with the one I bought from the US. Working on a aluminium tip **** been made as per the original option, but no longer available.

Happy for other suggestions.

S
Old 11-22-2014 | 05:58 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Departed 7:20am and 170km into B/C road drive from One Tree Hill to Clevedon and now enjoying a coffee in the sun. Superb. You should have joined me!
Old 11-22-2014 | 09:33 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Departed 7:20am and 170km into B/C road drive from One Tree Hill to Clevedon and now enjoying a coffee in the sun. Superb. You should have joined me!
Dougie - you are 'Mad Max' the road warrior mate..............
Old 11-22-2014 | 09:57 PM
Maxem
Drifting

I'll be first up when my car is ready Doug. We might be ready about the same time? I'm due to go to Pirongia early December to go over the spec list and plan the next phase. Next job for me up here is to get the seats and leather embossing plates moving along. And I still have one Fuch to finish off. (Working on Honda's all weekend).
Old 11-22-2014 | 10:06 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Nothing could be more satisfying than going for an early Sunday morning blat with you in our "fresh" pcars Dave. Really looking forward to it. A red and orange symphony!

Yes, it feels like the timing could line up. There's not a hell of a lot to do on my car so it will be a matter of Steve's team's workload and priorities.
Old 11-22-2014 | 10:08 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Dougie - you are 'Mad Max' the road warrior mate..............
Such a nice morning. Even got the top down in the sun for the last 1/3rd. Found a few "Ron" roads plus a new one. Tom Tom's route optimisations for "Windy Roads = Maximum" is brilliant.
Old 11-22-2014 | 10:11 PM
O2GO
Drifting

A photo from early Sunday morning....
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2014 | 10:14 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Thanks mate, you're too kind. That's great news about Lola, how long will she be there for? I'll probably be out that way just before Christmas.
How long...? Ahem. That depends on Steve's team's workload. I'm expecting having her back early March'ish all shiny and ready for action.
Old 11-22-2014 | 10:30 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Such a nice morning. Even got the top down in the sun for the last 1/3rd. Found a few "Ron" roads plus a new one. Tom Tom's route optimisations for "Windy Roads = Maximum" is brilliant.
My Tom Tom App is the reason Ill never use another cars inbuilt navi again. Things like "windiest route", traffic alert (worked in Europe) and speed-camera databases (worked everywhere except Switzerland!). Brilliant navi puts other bigger names to shame.
Old 11-22-2014 | 11:45 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Left over crest at the end Dougie? (just back from Targa so its a habit now)
Old 11-23-2014 | 02:35 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Yes Graeme. Tom Tom also has the advantage of letting you know which way the road goes over the crest but to be honest I prefer to just focus on reading the road.
Old 11-23-2014 | 02:40 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
My Tom Tom App is the reason Ill never use another cars inbuilt navi again. Things like "windiest route", traffic alert (worked in Europe) and speed-camera databases (worked everywhere except Switzerland!). Brilliant navi puts other bigger names to shame.
Agreed. In car systems seem to be very clunky by comparison and cost thousands. Tom Tom on the iPhone is about $90 per country and it very good. And with multiple cars it's always there. You just have to have the iphone plugged in to a charger the whole time while using it as the gps and screen on all the time uses up battery pretty quick. Also in the sun in a convertible, or through an open sunroof with everything going they can overheat and go into auto-off/cool down mode.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?