Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
manu, i don't care , now if hammy loses the WDC , crap another bottle for the finn , no way , hell NOOOOOOOOO !!!! that lame **** little kiddey , better pick it up and stop driving like a numbnut ..... i want back my bottle
I'd say it's time for you to start chilling my 2nd "iceman"...
Old 04-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL< Ray now you want to bet Haaaa, Ok wait until race 15 and i will give you a bet ......
The Finn is in , the rest can't test ........................................................................ ...........
Wayne, I always said I wouldn't bet until after the third race (just like the bet we made last season). As you well know everything could change in Europe, but I understand your reluctance to lose again.....

Cheers....
Old 04-11-2008, 02:21 PM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For Spain G.P., Alonso is suppose to have a new(improved?) car... Maybe a podium finish?
Old 04-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Wayne, Wayne, Wayne. Can't you see the hypocrisy in this press release?

"Renault is the right choice for the coming years" and "Renault seemed like the right ones, with the experience, to make a good car and win races". Then in the same breath he says "Next year I want to be with a team that can win" and Alonso is making no concrete commitment to the French outfit for 2009.

Is it me or were there 2 different people being interviewed here?
+100
Old 04-11-2008, 03:23 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by f8vr993
For Spain G.P., Alonso is suppose to have a new(improved?) car... Maybe a podium finish?
So will every team (they are all hoping)
Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Alonso downplays Renault's progress

autosport.com

By Pablo Elizalde Thursday, April 17th 2008, 09:18 GMT

Fernando Alonso believes his Renault team have not made enough progress to leave the midfield group despite several updates being introduced in their R28 car this week.

The two-time champion and his team admitted before the Barcelona test that they were pinning their hopes for a better season on the developments tested this week at the Spanish track.

Alonso topped the times with the revised car in yesterday's session and confessed the upgrades were a step forward after a poor start to the season.

But the Spaniard reckons Renault have not progressed enough to be ahead of the midfield pack.

"The car is better, that's true, but we haven't made so much progress," Alonso was quoted as saying by AS newspaper. "We still haven't managed to escape the midfield group.

"It's very close. Things haven't changed so much because the others have evolved too. We are still more or less in the same place as before this test.

"We are in a group where, if everything goes well, you qualify eighth on the grid, but if you fail, then you have Red Bull, the Toyota and Williams ahead of you and you are 14th and outside of Q3."

Alonso, however, said it was not easy to judge where Renault stand ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix next week.

"The day was good and I'm happy with the developments, but we need to continue improving because the rest have done that too. It's hard to say where we are compared to the rest. We will only know next week."
Old 04-17-2008, 12:17 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

autosport.com

By Pablo Elizalde Thursday, April 17th 2008, 09:18 GMT

Fernando Alonso believes his Renault team have not made enough progress to leave the midfield group despite several updates being introduced in their R28 car this week.

The two-time champion and his team admitted before the Barcelona test that they were pinning their hopes for a better season on the developments tested this week at the Spanish track.

Alonso topped the times with the revised car in yesterday's session and confessed the upgrades were a step forward after a poor start to the season.

But the Spaniard reckons Renault have not progressed enough to be ahead of the midfield pack.

"The car is better, that's true, but we haven't made so much progress," Alonso was quoted as saying by AS newspaper. "We still haven't managed to escape the midfield group.

"It's very close. Things haven't changed so much because the others have evolved too. We are still more or less in the same place as before this test.

"We are in a group where, if everything goes well, you qualify eighth on the grid, but if you fail, then you have Red Bull, the Toyota and Williams ahead of you and you are 14th and outside of Q3."

Alonso, however, said it was not easy to judge where Renault stand ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix next week.

"The day was good and I'm happy with the developments, but we need to continue improving because the rest have done that too. It's hard to say where we are compared to the rest. We will only know next week."
And then reality sets in ....

(also reported on SpeedTV website):
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...t-says-alonso/
Renault’s revised R28 won’t be the tool with which double world champion Fernando Alonso will return to fighting for victories, the Spaniard conceded to Madrid’s AS newspaper
Clearly the car will have pole by 0.5 seconds and Alonso is simply sandbagging.....seems obvious to me......what about you Sir A. Wayne?

Rumors are already circulating that Ferrari has alerted the FIA that they will NOT contest any further F1 races this season, since they are afraid of being embarassed by Alonso and the field crushing R28 (with the Red Bull engine cover 'shark fin'....nice touch).......McLaren and BMW are also weighing their PR options about the potential for being lapped by Alonso in the R28 should they chose to continue racing in F1 this season.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Trucho-951
Pro

Planet-f1.com
Alonso Leaves Schumi In The Shade
Old 04-17-2008, 01:28 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Trucho-951
Planet-f1.com
Alonso Leaves Schumi In The Shade
If only i had just stayed Home
Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2008, 01:28 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Trucho,

We all agreed and signed the contract that stated Planet F1 was not to be quoted in F1 threads. They are the equivalent of the National Enquirer. You are in breach!!

As Wayne stated, no one knows what kind of fuel loads they were running and when Rubens went fastest earlier this week, it was clear that either fuel loads or certain chassis were better suited to the superior mechanical grip offered by the slicks.

Since slicks will be reintroduced next year, and the Renault clearly liked the better Michelin rubber in the past and reacted beautifully to the slicks, I wonder if Alonso will reconsider and stay with Renault to try to develope the car around these tires and start to concentrate on the 2009 chassis now?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:29 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Sorry to go OT here but I was thinking about this as I think about Alonso's strategy. Wouldn't it be better to qualy 11th instead of 10th? At 11th you get to add fuel.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:36 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by flight747
Since slicks will be reintroduced next year, and the Renault clearly liked the better Michelin rubber in the past and reacted beautifully to the slicks, I wonder if Alonso will reconsider and stay with Renault to try to develope the car around these tires and start to concentrate on the 2009 chassis now?
Stay with Renault? Sir A.Wayne has already found out that he has had his F2009 seat fitting done at Maranello.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:39 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

FA. will be at renault for 09 , there is nothing that i haver seen to say otherwise..
Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2008, 01:45 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

FA. will be at renault for 09 , there is nothing that i haver seen to say otherwise..
WTF? You go back and forth more than a broken gate!!!

I'm actively starting MY online political action committee to have Alonso remain at Renault and NOT go to Ferrari. As much as it pains me, I will have to pinch my nose and bear the fact that I will have to praise Alonso at every turn of the season to ensure he IS will Renault for 2009 and hopefully beyond.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:37 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flight747
WTF? You go back and forth more than a broken gate!!!

I'm actively starting MY online political action committee to have Alonso remain at Renault and NOT go to Ferrari. As much as it pains me, I will have to pinch my nose and bear the fact that I will have to praise Alonso at every turn of the season to ensure he IS will Renault for 2009 and hopefully beyond.
See the pic, sarcasm mate ....

Quick Reply: Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3