Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Wow, wouldn't that be interesting. Maybe you should track how Heikki did in the Renault last year vs how Alonso does this year, and vice versa. Would make for an interesting sidebar to the season.
The list is in works as we speak and the season goes on! we need to remember last year was Kovalainen's rookie year, this is Alonso's 7th and 5th with Renault. But regradless I'm just counting the points & where they finished and not paying attention to luck either (i.e how Alonso ended up in points in Australia when people in front of him screwed up/got screwed up).

Anyway, so far the results are as follows:

1st Race: Alonso 4th (5 pts), Kovalainen 10th (0 pts).
2nd: Alonso 8th (1pt), Kovalainen 8th (1 pt)
3rd: Alonso 10th (0 pts), Kovalainen 9th (0 pts)

Average: Alonso 7.3 (6 pts), Kovalainen 9 (1 pt)

I see another vodka bet in my future...
Old 04-08-2008, 12:13 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Have to add little bit I forgot earlier.

You say in Heikki's car last year Alonso won, which he in fact didn't but finished 5th as did Heikki.
Also, we can look things the other way: In Alonso car last year Heikki finished 5th in Bahrain (and he actually did, this is not me making "facts"), Alonso was 11th. That numbnut really is making Renault looking pedestrian at best and showing his true "talet" in a same process too.
Originally Posted by Flying Finn
The list is in works as we speak and the season goes on! we need to remember last year was Kovalainen's rookie year, this is Alonso's 7th and 5th with Renault. But regradless I'm just counting the points & where they finished and not paying attention to luck either (i.e how Alonso ended up in points in Australia when people in front of him screwed up/got screwed up).

Anyway, so far the results are as follows:

1st Race: Alonso 4th (5 pts), Kovalainen 10th (0 pts).
2nd: Alonso 8th (1pt), Kovalainen 8th (1 pt)
3rd: Alonso 10th (0 pts), Kovalainen 9th (0 pts)

Average: Alonso 7.3 (6 pts), Kovalainen 9 (1 pt)

I see another vodka bet in my future...
Alonso 6 heiki 1
while even being ridiculous you are still behind ...LOL..... keep nutbanging finn, the fact Mclaren where failed by their drivers where one even set the fastest lap and ran as high as 3 rd and no podium , pathetic at best......

Better pray hamilton brain fades the rest of the season , if not and he beats Kimi again, he will be just as forgotten as that other 1 wdc lucked in Finn....
Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Alonso 6 heiki 1
while even being ridiculous you are still behind....
Correct, Alonso is leading (thanks to his luck in Austaria) but I'd like to remind you the season isn't over yet.
(It seems that you have not learned from your previous mistakes & predictions you've screwed up in the past...)
Old 04-08-2008, 11:59 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

While you're at it, you should keep track of Heiki's record at Mac and compare that to Alonso's last season. Personally I think Hamilton is on the way down. I have to think his confidence is shattered. He is a choker! All these mistakes. It is a sign of someone overthinking about the wrong things. The team is getting tired of making up excuses for him as well. Maybe after RD is retired, Hamilton will be traded to Renault to be Alonso's whipping boy with Heiki being promoted. Now that would be funny!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:23 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Yes, Heiki makes a very good no.2 consistent and medium fast , good combination for backing up your fast but troubled no 1.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:27 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Mclaren not a winning team

Fernando Alonso says he chose to leave McLaren at the end of last year because the Anglo-German outfit is "not a winning team".

The former double world champion is quoted by the Dutch website f1today.nl as justifying his return to Renault this year, following his spectacular falling out with British McLaren duo Ron Dennis and Lewis Hamilton in 2007.

"McLaren seem like a winning team, but they are not," Alonso said.

"Some teams are able to produce good cars," he said. "They seem like winners, but in fact they are not, like McLaren.

"They haven't won any titles in years, so I would rather be with Renault, who in the same period collected two drivers' and two constructors' championships."

Alonso said he decided to switch to Renault for the 2008 season because they are the right choice for the 'coming years', despite their lack of competitiveness at present.

"I could have gone to a couple of other teams, but ultimately Renault seemed like the right ones, with the experience, to make a good car and win races."

For the moment, however, Alonso is making no concrete commitment to the French outfit for 2009.

"Next year I want to be with a team that can win," he said.

"At the moment I think it will be Renault, because by the end of the season we will have made up a lot of our deficiencies and then we can make a small further step for the next season," Alonso added.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wayne, Wayne, Wayne. Can't you see the hypocrisy in this press release?

"Renault is the right choice for the coming years" and "Renault seemed like the right ones, with the experience, to make a good car and win races". Then in the same breath he says "Next year I want to be with a team that can win" and Alonso is making no concrete commitment to the French outfit for 2009.

Is it me or were there 2 different people being interviewed here?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:08 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

He, He, He,

Yeah , kinda like Ferrari's press release saying they are happy with Massa or Mclaren stating hamilton front wing came off before hitting Alonso , what can i say IT'S F1 FOR CHRIST SAKES !
DOUBLE SPEAK IS NORMAL ...
Old 04-10-2008, 03:58 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Wouldn't it be funny if Mclaren doesn't win the constructor's title this year either??
Old 04-10-2008, 04:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

manu, i don't care , now if hammy loses the WDC , crap another bottle for the finn , no way , hell NOOOOOOOOO !!!! that lame **** little kiddey , better pick it up and stop driving like a numbnut ..... i want back my bottle
Old 04-10-2008, 05:08 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Hammy has a real problem now. He is behind in the points and next race, he's thinking "I have to win this one". He's going to push too hard and instead of eyes on the prize, he's got his sights set on the finnish line. One more messup and that will be the final nail on the coffin for this season. Maybe he will never recover. One can only dream.....................
Old 04-10-2008, 05:13 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

manu, i don't care , now if hammy loses the WDC , crap another bottle for the finn , no way , hell NOOOOOOOOO !!!! that lame **** little kiddey , better pick it up and stop driving like a numbnut ..... i want back my bottle
Would you like me to hold your belt and shoelaces for you now?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:47 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,039 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Would you like me to hold your belt and shoelaces for you now?
Amigo we ride!!!!!!!!! Let him have his belt and chewlaces When Kimi wins the WC and Alonso doesn't get the "done deal" Ferrari contract at the end of this year, Wayne will finally be pushed over the edge.....
Old 04-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i want back my bottle
You still want the bet (Kimi vs. Hammy straight up championship points).

Now that we are 3 races in (although still no Europe) I'll take it.

Let me know.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
You still want the bet (Kimi vs. Hammy straight up championship points).

Now that we are 3 races in (although still no Europe) I'll take it.

Let me know.

LOL< Ray now you want to bet Haaaa, Ok wait until race 15 and i will give you a bet ......
The Finn is in , the rest can't test ........................................................................ ...........

Last edited by A.Wayne; 04-11-2008 at 10:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3