Sponsored by:

Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:50 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

I'm curious Wayne, after Alonso left Renault the 1st time, did you get ride of your baby blue gear and did you replace it for this season?
Old 02-21-2008, 01:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alonso , we are quite a long way behind!

Three weeks before the formula one circus congregates in Melbourne for the season opener, Fernando Alonso has reported that his 2008-spec Renault is not in a position to compete for race wins.

In fact, the former double world champion is quoted by the Spanish news agency EFE as suggesting that even podium places early this year are not likely.

"Where are we? Quite a long way behind," Alonso said in Barcelona this week for the penultimate test of the winter.

"We are not in a position to do anything about McLaren, Ferrari or BMW.

"Ferrari are favourites but they're not in a different world. We however belong more to the group including Williams and Red Bull," he added.

Interestingly, despite the mixed messages coming out of the BMW Sauber camp recently, Alonso singles out the German team's 2008 car as one of the standouts of the pre-season.

"They are very fast," he said. "They always use full tanks and record very good times."
Old 02-21-2008, 01:53 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
I'm curious Wayne, after Alonso left Renault the 1st time, did you get ride of your baby blue gear and did you replace it for this season?
Well you are still wearing your red MS thongs, so why should i throw out my good Alonso gear ....
Old 02-21-2008, 02:02 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Well you are still wearing your red MS thongs, so why should i throw out my good Alonso gear ....
Cowboy shirts yes, thongs.... never...
Old 02-21-2008, 02:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would say that was positive proof of a head injury , have him checked ITC .
Update on my son, post accident...
He seems different since the incident.

He now claims that his inferior chassis was actually to blame
He is threatening to go directly to Team President/CEO/Mom with damning evidence of my incompetence as mechanic.
He threw away his Puma driving shoes and is now wearing shoes that look like they belong on the FTD Floral delivery person.
He refuses to talk to any of his teammates
He is demanding to be released from his current family and adopted by another one.

Any ideas on what to do?
Old 02-21-2008, 02:15 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes. Release him and have him go to his old team and double his salary. He will promptly tell anyone who will listen that he will do his best to come in 7th place...

Oh, one more thing. Don't be surprised if he walks at the end of next year. Furthermore, don't be surprised if a rival karter, who is doing well and has recently said that he is happy, gets wacked to open up a seat!

PS: I love the FTD Florist line. You can tell the writers are back from the strike!!
Old 02-21-2008, 02:21 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

I think Alonso is smart to say those things. One, it takes alot of pressure off of him and his team. Now they can concentrate on rebuilding the team. If he does do well it will be a happy suprise. If he does poorly, it was expected. Personally, I think he is sandbagging a little. Ferarri is the team to beat. Mac should do well but after those two teams is when the racing becomes exciting for Alonso. He needs to propel Renault above BMW to have credibility as a team leader and it will be interesting to see if he can do it.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Update on my son, post accident...
He seems different since the incident.

He now claims that his inferior chassis was actually to blame
He is threatening to go directly to Team President/CEO/Mom with damning evidence of my incompetence as mechanic.
He threw away his Puma driving shoes and is now wearing shoes that look like they belong on the FTD Floral delivery person.
He refuses to talk to any of his teammates
He is demanding to be released from his current family and adopted by another one.

Any ideas on what to do?
Dammit!! Did Wayne see him?!

There are coupld of things that can be done at this point:
A) Call the helmet painter and have them paint couple of aces behind his helmet (or some other douche bad type of things).
B) Send him to Karting school in Finland. If if you use this option, you need to be prepared for him to become even faster at track but also when approaching a bar counter...
Old 02-21-2008, 03:52 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

A) Call the helmet painter and have them paint couple of aces behind his helmet (or some other douche bad type of things).
B) Send him to Karting school in Finland. If if you use this option, you need to be prepared for him to become even faster at track but also when approaching a bar counter...
WOW, the very low key Finn is en Fuego. You've been lobbing a lot of bombs at Wayne's boy lately. I supposed the taking of Kimi's seat offended you?
Old 02-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 02-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flight747
WOW, the very low key Finn is en Fuego. You've been lobbing a lot of bombs at Wayne's boy lately. I supposed the taking of Kimi's seat offended you?
Taking of Kimi's seat? No one is taking Kimi's seat.

Wayne and I can take each other's bombs, he's one of my main Vodka supplies after all...
Old 02-22-2008, 01:49 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Taking of Kimi's seat? No one is taking Kimi's seat.

Wayne and I can take each other's bombs, he's one of my main Vodka supplies after all...
Yeah, if Kimi bombs and not win this WDC, you will see how your new friends are, all so united now against Alonso , but in reality they hate Kimi for getting MS fired and alonso for beating his ****, they will be quite for now, until that euphoric moment you happen to make that finnish comment of Kimi being better than MS and they won't be so quite and friendly anymore

This year All bottles are coming from Nigel Stepney look out for the white powder..... Rays will be white powder............the SOB

Itc, give the finn the damaged helmet, he needs it for hockey.........trust me
Old 02-22-2008, 08:57 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Itc, give the finn the damaged helmet, he needs it for hockey.........trust me
I KNEW there had to be a reason we agreed on these topics.
I played hockey for years.
Yes, a goalie
Yes, moulded mask days (no cage)
Yes, a few too many pucks to the head/face
Yes, maybe some long term lingering effects.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I KNEW there had to be a reason we agreed on these topics.
I played hockey for years.
Yes, a goalie
Yes, moulded mask days (no cage)
Yes, a few too many pucks to the head/face
Yes, maybe some long term lingering effects.
There we go!

Also a goalie! When I played for real in Finland, I was a goalie form day 1 (started at 6).
I had a cage though, masks were not used back then (I'm not talking about the real old masks), at least there.
Broke two helmets taking a puck to the face/head.
Still playing, now as a center though. With knees ****ed up in morocross, doing goalie stuff won't work so well anymore...
Last cut (to the face...) was about a month ago when in adult league game got a stick to a face and since being so "old skool", wear a mask is not an option... Well, tiny cuts are part of life and every single player in my son't hockey team thought: "cool!"

Sorry for all the OT content but since we are talking about kids & sports and now hockey, here's my older son acting as a "Flying Finn" in Lake Placid. Doing it kinda upside down but notice how the eyes are at the puck.

OK, back to the regular programming: Alonso is a crybaby.
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My neighbor still plays ice hockey at 48 and comes home all beatup even though it is a "no checking" league. You guys are nuts. I'll stick to racing cars at 160 mph.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Quick Reply: Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3