Sponsored by:

Where are all the Alonso detractors

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007 | 12:50 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
I will save everyone the headache.
Here is the story. Could be speculation but who knows...

http://www.f1i.com/content/view/6909/1/
That is a opinion not a fact. I am sure you have heard about weapons of mass destruction. Facts eventually killed that opinion.

BTW, Alonso is done for the next two years, stick a fork in him. He has manouvered himself into a postion where he is no longer holding the winning hand and has Tier 3 teams asking for his services. His negotiating powers are currently nil with a top team. I said it before and repeat myself again, this smells awfully like JV or Damon Hill.

BTW, Daimler pushed Alonso out aka leave or get fired. Daimler is still sore about getting outsmarted by RD with his buddy from the land of the sand because otherwise they would have had the vast majority in Mac. Combine that with the humiliating spygate, spoiled drivers f**in up a sure title plus public airing of dirty laundry are not to the liking of the ultra conservative board of directors of Daimler AG. They are currently trying to get rid of RD, who is barely hanging on and if they are successfully influence his buddy he will be gone . The plan is to start with clean fresh piece of paper , with Daimler calling the shots with no internal opposition.
Old 12-04-2007 | 12:52 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Waiting for A. Wayne to respond to this latest volley of Alonso blasphemy... incoming....
Old 12-04-2007 | 01:06 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Waiting for A. Wayne to respond to this latest volley of Alonso blasphemy... incoming....
Forget the alonso part, he is way off on that .
I did have the same opinion about RD and Mercedes 5 months ago , i believe he will announce his retirement next season , whitmarsh for about a year , then zeee germans , germans drivers, ceo, test pilots , all zee germans......
Old 12-04-2007 | 08:15 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

I for one, can't wait to see RD announce his retirement. I also can't wait to see Hamilton explain week after week, why he is not competitive. Kimi and Massa will be the class of the field next year with BMW chasing their tail. Mac is in a spiral and Renault gambled on Alonso and lost. They're out. RB and Honda look to be the exciting teams to watch next year. Maybe Alonso is out but that would be a shame. The sport needs some drama and Alonso is the king. Kimi is boring in that respect.

So Wayne is indulging in the KimiLandia?? That explains alot! Of course MS misses racing. But if he wanted to come back, there would be more teams clamoring over him than are now fighting for Alonso!

MS was the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2007 | 09:37 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mitch236
I for one, can't wait to see RD announce his retirement. I also can't wait to see Hamilton explain week after week, why he is not competitive. Kimi and Massa will be the class of the field next year with BMW chasing their tail. Mac is in a spiral and Renault gambled on Alonso and lost. They're out. RB and Honda look to be the exciting teams to watch next year. Maybe Alonso is out but that would be a shame. The sport needs some drama and Alonso is the king. Kimi is boring in that respect.

So Wayne is indulging in the KimiLandia?? That explains alot! Of course MS misses racing. But if he wanted to come back, there would be more teams clamoring over him than are now fighting for Alonso!

MS was the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read it and weep, sucka (Wayne)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2007 | 12:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Default Crawling home with his tail between his legs

http://www.f1i.com/content/view/8961/1/

Pretty embarassing that apparently NO team is willing to accept a 2x WDC for a single year.....don't they know how great he is?

And now a moment of silence as our friend A. Wayne cranks up the Alonso "spin" machine......take it away A.
Old 12-05-2007 | 12:31 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

For some time I have been wondering how important the "one-year deal only" thing was. Now, I am pretty sure that it is a "deal-breaker" for Alonso and this must be the main stumbling block, as Renault and others do not seem to be interested in settling for that.

When you consider all the choices, it makes complete sense why they wouldn't. One year would likely only allow a team like Honda to begin to turn the corner. When Schumacher went to Ferrari, the team was not a title contendor but it was a lot closer to the front then Honda or Red Bull is now. Even with that, Schumacher "only" won three races in 1996, with some good luck and driving.

Alonso is a great driver and I think he could really help a team like Honda IF he were around for a longer haul. But that does not seem to be an option and I think they are right to pass on Alonso. High cost, limited benefit.
Old 12-05-2007 | 12:49 PM
Trucho-951
Pro

I know this is probably old news by now, but i've heard McLaren is actually considering giving Alonso one more year.
Old 12-05-2007 | 01:04 PM
Todsimpson
Racer

Mclaren might take him back, Renault, Honda and Red Bull have made standing offers and it's rumored a 2009 seat with Ferrari is lined up. That's almost half the grid in play.

Not only do they want him, they want a multi year deal. I'm not sure what the Alonso supporters need to spin.
Old 12-05-2007 | 01:12 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

nothing to spin the dis-information types will soon chime in .

Earlier in the year i predicted alonso would have moved to Ferrari unless mclaren blocked the deal , they did, it was very apparent to me he had a deal with Ferrari , hence his testimony against mclaren. He needs a 1 yr deal as his ferrari deal kicks in in 09. I had also felt he would have stayed with mclaren if not to ferrari, he and mclaren supposedly have parted ways , we will see....... i predict a sabatical if there is no deal that accommodates his 1 yr plan .....
Old 12-05-2007 | 01:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
nothing to spin the dis-information types will soon chime in .

Earlier in the year i predicted alonso would have moved to Ferrari unless mclaren blocked the deal , they did, it was very apparent to me he had a deal with Ferrari , hence his testimony against mclaren. He needs a 1 yr deal as his ferrari deal kicks in in 09. I had also felt he would have stayed with mclaren if not to ferrari, he and mclaren supposedly have parted ways , we will see....... i predict a sabatical if there is no deal that accommodates his 1 yr plan .....
Good morning.

BTW, I was the first to predict the 1 yr sabatical, being the F1 Safety Car driver.....
I think his concern is that 'sitting out a year' will put him at a disadvantage when it comes to driving w/o TC and "driver aids". Interesting that Schumacher sat out a year and jumped into an F2007 sans TC and did fairly well, but we've already discussed that.

I'm sorry, but Alonso isn't worth the maintenance IMHO....he is pretty much the Supermodel of modern F1 drivers.
Old 12-05-2007 | 01:56 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Has anyone ever seen a faster drop from the top to the bottom? Now Alonso will possibly sacrafice his pride to be Lewis Hamilton's bitch!!!

I'm laughing my *** off everytime I hear something new about this loser.
Old 12-05-2007 | 01:58 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Good morning.

BTW, I was the first to predict the 1 yr sabatical, being the F1 Safety Car driver.....
I think his concern is that 'sitting out a year' will put him at a disadvantage when it comes to driving w/o TC and "driver aids". Interesting that Schumacher sat out a year and jumped into an F2007 sans TC and did fairly well, but we've already discussed that.

I'm sorry, but Alonso isn't worth the maintenance IMHO....he is pretty much the Supermodel of modern F1 drivers.
Originally Posted by M3Pete
Has anyone ever seen a faster drop from the top to the bottom? Now Alonso will possibly sacrafice his pride to be Lewis Hamilton's bitch!!!

I'm laughing my *** off everytime I hear something new about this loser.

**** always come in pr's , must be D-cups
Old 12-05-2007 | 02:10 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

OK, but which one is the left and which one is the right?
Pete and I need to know..

You HAVE to admit, Pete has a good point.....how can Alonso possibly go back to McLaren and partner with Hamilton?
Oh wait, perhaps that 'other' former McLaren driver, now a NA$CAR star, has suggested that Alonso 'rub fenders' with Hamilton next season, since clearly, Alonso has NOTHING to lose next season.
Old 12-05-2007 | 02:52 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
...Earlier in the year i predicted alonso would have moved to Ferrari unless mclaren blocked the deal , they did, it was very apparent to me he had a deal with Ferrari , hence his testimony against mclaren. He needs a 1 yr deal as his ferrari deal kicks in in 09. I had also felt he would have stayed with mclaren if not to ferrari, he and mclaren supposedly have parted ways , we will see....... i predict a sabatical if there is no deal that accommodates his 1 yr plan .....
I know that you dream about Alonso in Ferrari and somehow have made yourself to think that's the case but unfortunately for you it's not.

First of all, McLaren didn't "block the deal", Alonso is free to go to any team (you still haven't replied when I asked you to show something to back it up and also posted his manager's quote saying he's free to go to any team).

Kimi & Massa both have contract for 2009 and just recently Kimi said he'll stay AT LEAST two next years at Ferrari, what happens after that he doesn't know and wants to look at it closer when the time comes.

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors