A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
www.f1-news/flash.com

ALONSO'S BAGS ARE PACKED

Well you heard it hear first :
Ross Brawn is replacing Todt @ Ferrari next year. Todt and Alonso are on their way to Toyota , a 5 yr deal and a new Dynasty ......

I know A little end of year Teaser ............
Old 10-24-2007, 12:05 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Montezemolo: team cost Alonso the title

By Michele Lostia and Matt Beer Tuesday, October 23rd 2007, 09:45 GMT

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has praised Fernando Alonso's response to losing the world championship and suggested that Alonso only missed out on the title because McLaren mishandled their drivers.

The inter-team relationship at McLaren was one of the dominant storylines of the 2007 season, with Alonso outspoken in his demands for greater support from the squad.

The McLaren drivers ultimately ended the year tied on 109 points, as Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen snatched the title by a single point with his victory in Brazil.

"Alonso is a real champion, in every sense, an extraordinary driver. I've really appreciated his sportsmanship," di Montezemolo was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"He lost the championship by a point and I don't think it was his fault, rather it was a consequence of his team's bad internal management.

"By congratulating Raikkonen already during the press conference, Alonso demonstrated to be a champion off the track too. It was a gesture we greatly appreciated."

Alonso offered further praise for Raikkonen in an interview with Italian radio station RAI yesterday.

"He is an extraordinary guy - a very, very nice personality even though you don't see it," the Spaniard said.

"The moments I have with him behind the podium and in the press conference, he always laughs and plays pranks, things you don't see when you then watch him on TV.

"So I think he is a really good person, very focused in the races. He loves F1, he is a really great driver. He fought in 2003 and 2005, now he's managed to win the title, I'm very happy."

Di Montezemolo was also critical of Lewis Hamilton's driving in Brazil, although he added that the British rookie's overall achievements in his debut year were praiseworthy.

"Hamilton made an error driven by youth and nervousness. Had he stayed behind Alonso, instead of trying to attack him, he would be champion now. He did something rash," said the Ferrari president.

"But it must be acknowledged that he's had an extraordinary season: so young and in his rookie season in F1 he was in the title fight until the last second. That's why he deserves respect and congratulations.

"But I must also recognise that during the season he did not always hold an exemplary behaviour. I didn't like, for example, the move on Raikkonen in qualifying in Interlagos."

There was a brief controversy at the end of qualifying in Brazil after Raikkonen encountered Hamilton while on his final flying lap. Hamilton, who was on an out-lap, apologised to Raikkonen and no action was taken.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

...Alonso offered further praise for Raikkonen in an interview with Italian radio station RAI yesterday.

"He is an extraordinary guy - a very, very nice personality even though you don't see it," the Spaniard said.

"The moments I have with him behind the podium and in the press conference, he always laughs and plays pranks, things you don't see when you then watch him on TV.

"So I think he is a really good person, very focused in the races. He loves F1, he is a really great driver. He fought in 2003 and 2005, now he's managed to win the title, I'm very happy."...
I'm glad Alonso speaks out about Kimi's true personality. Everyone always mocks his personality and seem to think he's like a boring robot which he isn't. In front of press, most of the time, yes, but otherwise, no.

Those two (Kimi & Alonso) seem to get along really well, Kimi said he will talk with Alonso and ask how crazy will all the off track things get when you're a Champion etc.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Also Important , Kimi has revealed that getting away for mclaren was the best thing for him , the atmo @ ferrari is much better ....FA had mentioned this a few months ago after speaking to ex - Mclaren drivers about life with Ron .....
Old 10-24-2007, 03:32 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Also Important , Kimi has revealed that getting away for mclaren was the best thing for him , the atmo @ ferrari is much better ....FA had mentioned this a few months ago after speaking to ex - Mclaren drivers about life with Ron .....
I wonder who Mika was rooting for as he was standing in the Mac garage?!?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:39 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch236
This is a question I had while watching the race..
Old 10-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He said that already during the season, and also when they had those DNFs, were pretty badly behind Hamilton. He said he was very happy there because it was more "free" and relaxed.

He was "officially" rooting for Alonso & Hamilton, and unofficially to a some point also (he's very much a McLaren guy) but seeing Kimi win was good.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ron
Old 10-24-2007, 06:31 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Kimi and Alonso would be one heck of a Super Team!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:22 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Kimi and Alonso would be one heck of a Super Team!
surely... but who would be #1? Let's ask RD.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Nano
Racer

Wednesday 24 Oktober at 23:19 :

Former McLaren world champion Alain Prost says he sympathised with Fernando Alonso's plight in 2007 under the hand of boss Ron Dennis.

The Frenchman, who infamously clashed with his then McLaren teammate Ayrton Senna in the late 80s, says he understands why Spaniard Alonso would complain about unfavourable conditions compared with his own teammate Lewis Hamilton in the latter part of this season.

He lays the blame at Dennis' doorstep, who Prost says - despite the team's constant protestations of equality - usually wrests his emotional support for one driver over another.

"He's always had a tendency to sympathise more for one of the drivers of his team, for whom his protective attitude emerges," Prost told the Italian magazine Autosprint.

"It was like that with Senna, with (Mika) Hakkinen, and now with (Lewis) Hamilton."

Prost does not condone Alonso's progressively unpleasant behaviour towards the end of this season, but he says Dennis' skewed affection for his drivers is at least the "reason" that it occurred.

And he thinks Alonso, who arrived at McLaren as a double world champion, should have been designed number one.

"Probably Alonso would have won the championship this year and, in 2008, Hamilton would have appreciated this situation that would have allowed him to mature with no pressure," Prost, 52, added.

Mercedes-Benz competition director Norbert Haug on Wednesday, however, defended Dennis, and said assessments like Prost's are the natural result of hindsight about the 2007 championship outcome.

"I have worked with Ron now in formula one for 13 years," the German told the news agency 'sid'.

"He is a professional partner, whom I greatly admire. The winner will always be praised, and the loser censured, and if you are missing only one point, this still makes you the loser.

"Ron is our team chief, and so he is at the centre of the criticism. But he can handle it," Haug added.

http://www.dailyf1news.com/dailyf1ne...php?nwsID=3969
Old 10-25-2007, 03:06 AM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

Flav could not be more right:

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...23160628.shtml

Flavio Briatore says McLaren has no one to blame for failing to win the drivers' World Championship.

The Renault boss, who shares a prickly relationship with his McLaren counterpart Ron Dennis, thinks the tension between teammates Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso was a devastating factor as the battle against Ferrari reached its climax in Brazil last Sunday.

Briatore would be delighted to reunite his French squad with Alonso next year, but he nonetheless thinks McLaren should have sidelined the openly uncomfortable Spaniard.

"They should have put a reserve in Alonso's place and Hamilton would have won without any problem," the Italian told Antenna 3 television.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:59 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar
"They should have put a reserve in Alonso's place and Hamilton would have won without any problem," the Italian told Antenna 3 television.
In other words, "use it or lose it."

Why enter your two-time WDC in the race when you're confident your other team driver will win the title? Oh, that's right. It might be considered favoritism and McLaren was all about "the team" this season, wasn't it.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

No. In other words, if you have a driver who is a corrosive influence on the team, you sit their a$$ down and do what's best for the team.

That reminds me of the Philadelphia Eagles/T.O. story.

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors