Sponsored by:

Where are all the Alonso detractors

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Nano
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar
This is inaccurate. RD and LH did not complain to the FIA. Quite the opposite, RD circled the wagons to cover for Alonso's stupidity. Their official statement to the FIA and their comments to the press indicated that there was an honest miscalculation on the part of the team which caused Alonso to stay in the pits for 10 seconds longer.

It was a futile effort, as the video evidence clearly showed the lollypop man giving Alonso the signal to go and Alonso ignoring it.
I saw what happened, I don't need to look at "convenient" video evidence. I'm all going by memory here, as the SAD part is you will not find the correct sequence of events ANYWHERE in the english press. I did not dream this, what I saw and what I remember is Alonso recalled into the pit and held there an entire lap while hamilton was on the track. Which meant an extra lap of fuel and cold tires (not wrong tires.. I don't remember wrong tires). This evidently upset Alonso, as he felt he was being passed as driver #2.

Ron Dennis tryied to patch things with the "hold your pit" strategy, either to calm Alonso and make things right, or to get back at Hamilton for not following strategy, or it was an entire Alonso fabrication, and it was all deliberte and he was getting back at the team for making him #2, not 100% clear and not relevant. Anyway, Wayne is right, I remember Hamilton apologizing, something along the lines of "when the team does not look out for Hamilton, Hamilton has to look out for himself, sorry if it hurt the team". But again, you will have a hard time finding this quote. It implies a) Hamilton overstepped the team, and b) he did something wrong

The stewards did confirm Alonso's pole after the explanation of the team + box com data, and #2 place for Hamilton. the FIA later overruled their decision and gave pole to Hamilton. Later, Ron Dennis did little to explain to the Fia or the Press what had happened. Alonso was left to be mocked and laughed at.

If one of the roles of the FIA is to ensure fair and honest competiton to the viewers, the FIA failed. in demoting Alonso 5 places.

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Agreed. If Alonso had been paired with an obvious #2 driver, he'd probably be WC again, with few hysteronics, and we'd all be talking about how brilliant it was for him to jump from the foundering Renault to the peeking McClaren.
Alonso's teammate at Mclaren was almost officially speculated to be De La Rosa, Hamilton was brought in Late.

Last edited by Nano; 10-23-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:35 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The problem in Hungary is that FA's actions were CLEAR for everyone to see. Unlike Hamilton's sneaking out infront of FA at the start it became very very clear that Alonso had held up Hamilton in an effort to prevent him from taking final pole attempt. It was very very cleay to see on TV that Alonso just sat there AFTER the lolipop man gave him the clear to go. FA should have stalled the car. Then the FIA would not have had their hands forced. The issue was how could the FIA not get involved when it was clear that 1 driver (not the team even in this) case purposely blocked and other in an attempt to prevent that driver from making final run at the pole. Guys get demoted all the time in qualifying for "blocking" on track. This one was clear to see off track. Where McLaren got in trouble was trying "cover" for Alonso on this. They tried to say it was part of the plans and yet it was all bogus. FA may have been irritated at the punk Hamilton, but he lost his cool and did something dumb. That dumb action was not holding up Hamilton, but doing it such a clear way. That left no room for the team to cover it or the FIA ot "over look it"
Old 10-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

If Alonso was ridiculed after his stunt in Hungary, then he got what he deserved.

Of course Hamilton complained to the media after being held up. He commented in the post qualifying press conference and I'm sure to anyone who would listen. I can't blame him.

I don't know why you all are kissing FA's rear end. Alonso didn't out-shine his rookie teammate and you can brew up as many conspiracy theories as you want. Alonso acted like a spoiled brat and still was given the opportunity to win a WDC. Sad thing is that Alonso was out to win the WDC for himself and not the team. He is not a team player unless he is getting sunshine blown up his gearbox. That doesn't fly at McLaren.

Regarding comparisons to other McLaren drivers, perhaps some of you are not familiar with the history between Ron Dennis and Mika Hakkinen. RD took Mika under his wing, especially after Mika's near fatal accident in Australia. Mika might have been groomed by RD to an even greater degree than Hamilton, albeit over a shorter time.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

If Alonso was ridiculed after his stunt in Hungary, then he got what he deserved.

Of course Hamilton complained to the media after being held up. He commented in the post qualifying press conference and I'm sure to anyone who would listen. I can't blame him.

I don't know why you all are kissing FA's rear end. Alonso didn't out-shine his rookie teammate and you can brew up as many conspiracy theories as you want. Alonso acted like a spoiled brat and still was given the opportunity to win a WDC. Sad thing is that Alonso was out to win the WDC for himself and not the team. He is not a team player unless he is getting sunshine blown up his gearbox. That doesn't fly at McLaren.

Regarding comparisons to other McLaren drivers, perhaps some of you are not familiar with the history between Ron Dennis and Mika Hakkinen. RD took Mika under his wing, especially after Mika's near fatal accident in Australia. Mika might have been groomed by RD to an even greater degree than Hamilton, albeit over a shorter time.
LH 4 wins 109 WDC points
FA 4 wins 109 WDC points

Factor in who had top Mclaren support and you can see LH did not deliver, ohhh by the way , I'm sure Lewis was trying to win the WDC for the team and not himself , why in Hungary when he disobeyed a direct order from RD and told him to go Swivel, was his way of being such a team player, i can see his only intent was winning one for the Team , Yeaaaa Go lewis ....

Lothar , don't let the hate overcome logic......
Old 10-23-2007, 02:40 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne

FA 4 wins 109 WDC points (2 Time Defending WDC with years of F1 experience)
LH 4 wins 109 WDC points (Some punk kid who never even raced an F1 car before the start of the season and had never seen at least 1/2 the tracks in F1)

Alonso Wayne...

I had to update that a bit.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Nano
Racer

Originally Posted by M758
Alonso Wayne...

I had to update that a bit.
Hamilton in F1 is as "established" as the queen at buckingham palace. He's royalty. Not your standard rookie.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
LH 4 wins 109 WDC points
FA 4 wins 109 WDC points

Factor in who had top Mclaren support and you can see LH did not deliver, ohhh by the way , I'm sure Lewis was trying to win the WDC for the team and not himself , why in Hungary when he disobeyed a direct order from RD and told him to go Swivel, was his way of being such a team player, i can see his only intent was winning one for the Team , Yeaaaa Go lewis ....

Lothar , don't let the hate overcome logic......
A. Wayne,

You don't know squat about what level of support Alonso got. The constructors championship was as important, if not more, to the team. That being the case, it was in the teams best interest to see both cars perform at their best.

However, all that went away when McLaren lost all their WCC points, thanks to Alonso. Alonso's threats to RD and RD subsequently going to Max Mosely gave the FIA all they needed to revive the Stepneygate inquisition because they knew where to look for potentially damaging, albeit circumstantial, evidence.

How would you respond to a punk like Alonso making threats about going to the FIA if you were in RD's shoes.

Don't let that kool-aid you're sipping cloud your ability to process information.

On second thought, you're hopeless. Keep sipping.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:54 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

A. Wayne,

You don't know squat about what level of support Alonso got. The constructors championship was as important, if not more, to the team. That being the case, it was in the teams best interest to see both cars perform at their best.

However, all that went away when McLaren lost all their WCC points, thanks to Alonso. Alonso's threats to RD and RD subsequently going to Max Mosely gave the FIA all they needed to revive the Stepneygate inquisition because they knew where to look for potentially damaging, albeit circumstantial, evidence.

How would you respond to a punk like Alonso making threats about going to the FIA if you were in RD's shoes.

Don't let that kool-aid you're sipping cloud your ability to process information.

LH did really good for a rookie, maybe a little too good for his own self. His judgment was certainly not as crisp and clear in the last couple of races as it was when he did not have to think about winning the WDC earlier in the season. His comment about "being cool to celebrate with donuts" last Saturday is evidence of him going astray. Like Jessica Simpson, having his father as manager probably did not help him. Still, he was (I cannot believe I am writing this) the most impressive rookie ever, even more so than JV in 96. Unless he takes this year's outcome too harshly, he will become an ambassador for the sport and an F1 monarch. He really is fast, and was very consistent for a rookie.

FA also did really well this year - though he could have done better. He probably screwed up when he made assumptions about his status in the moments leading to ink on the contract. The real problem with Alonso is that he will not drive a winning car until 2009 at best. His skills will dull out in 2008, and will never win a WDC again. As someone wrote, he has committed professional suicide (though not in slo-mo). His girly Latin attitude this year (I am Latin so I can take a shot at Latins) got in the way - a 2-time world champion does not need to show the world he has sand in his vagina by staying in the pit box to one-up his team mate. RD will not release him easily and FA will not quit easily - therefore no front running tean will stake their 2008 season on a potential FA drive.

The real champion is KR. He has what it takes to be a champ, and with Ferrari he got what he missed the most at McLaren: a reliable car. Sorry A Wayne - I really think Kimi will take a couple more WDCs in the red car.

What a season this was...
Old 10-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Nano
Racer

Good post,

I agree on Hamilton, his performance was often overshadowed by other issues, but he did display a phenomenal potential. Even in Brazil, his overtaking of coulthard(If I remember) left me jaw hanging. He "would" need a #2 driver as teammate next year. WDC 2008? He would not be my first bet.

I don't really agree on Alonso committing suicide. Why would his skill dull out? Alonso, Hamilton and Ron Dennis can bring back something from this season after losing everything. If they can take that experience home, learn from their mistakes and use it to "better" themselves, they could all have a great comeback next seaon in whathever team they end up. Alonso certainly has the potential of bringing back Renault, Bmw, Toyota, and others to top competitive levels, maybe not instant WDC potential for 2008 (Still would be a feat worthy of respect getting renault back on podium for example), eventually WDC potential 2009, 2010. In any case, I am not dismissing 100% Alonso leaving Mclaren until I see the official release.

If KR is properly groomed at Ferrari, he can only improve.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:46 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

A. Wayne,

Ahhh, saw tooth intelligence with assumptions .... I see , Mclaren lost their WCC points ? Would that Be World Chump Championship Lothar, i believe they won that Sir..... now for a pin head version of what happened, this will become your favorite bedtime story. It should go well with your cool-aid and rum......

once upon a time ,
There was a bad little 2 WDC named Alonso , whom little pin head lothar hated, well one night Alonso broke into the Ferrari factory and stole their technical dossier and scampered off to the mclaren bat cave, you see evil alonso had a plan , he wanted to force an Elf by the name of Mike to find a way of implementing it's use , Alonso was so evil He also wanted a copy for himself ! so he forced Mike the head tech Elf to make him copies, but they had to be done off site , as he did not want Sweet Baby Lewis and His Bad fairy godmother RD to have any knowledge of this , you see Evil Alonso was planning a move, a Move that would see him at Ferrari in 08 and this technical info would help him in his bid for another WDC. But WAIT! who else would he share This information with , this info was so tight , Ahhha , Yes! he would only share it with the other spaniard Pedro, who will be forced to keep this hush , hush, he was only allowed to use their secret invisible email system, there could be no record of this....

Well head elf Mike , did as he was told , he waited until Baby Lewis was being Breast fed by RD , then bolted into the night with the Dossier to his secret printing Lab , KINKOS! unknown to him , there was an evil one eyed anglo-german -italian , Ferrari lover working there, he was in charge of photocopying , The Elf being very astute checked his surroundings very carefully before handing the documents over to one Mr Micheal Schumacher, demanding he be very careful not to damage anything ....and to keep this a secret.

Well all seemed well in La La Land the dossier was safe , copies where made evil alonso can now focus on his WDC,,, BUT wait ! alonso notices something , it appears to him that baby Lewis is getting extra milk from RD *******, so evil Alonso , confronts RD , who quickly attempts to pacify him that this is not so everyone is drinking the same milk no special treatment , this is his rule .....
Then the black day came as an Evil Gimp by the name of Max stepped in , they found the copies , mass panic in the Bat cave as everyone ran for cover , to Evil Alonso's suprise they blamed a little Shepard boy by the name of Nigel stepney,
as the source and out of fear the little elf mikey , kept quiet.....
all seemed normal again , but wait Evil alonso is absolutely sure He sees' baby Lewis sucking from RD ******* and whines again , RD, now seeing he might have some issues on hand , promises evil Alonso he will give him a suck off the ******* at the next event in Hungary , Alonso was happy as he knows the power of the *******,,, but baby lewis has other plans , no one but he, must drink from the Fairy godmother ******* , so he jumps in front of evil alonso hitting his lips away from the *******, this is not fair Evil Alonso said , i will put a stop to this!
he squeezes the nipples hard for 30 seconds cutting off the flow to baby lewis, who starts to whine to the Fairy godmother , who now demands that he let go as the 30 seconds is enough, but evil Alonso has other plans and kept his grip on the nipple , NOTHING WILL FLOW UNTIL I SAY SO, this went on for another 15 seconds while tears flowed from Baby lewis , to add insult to injury evil alonso shouted , I hope i was squeezing the right TIT, then took off.
The fairy godmother was fuming , The evil Gimp Max was fuming , baby lewis was whining , his favorite Tit was damaged , so the evil Gimp decided to impose banishment and punishment on Evil Alonso , I will take 5 inchs off you *****, he shouted .and with a swing of the hammer it was done , back in the mini off campus bat cave The fairy godmother was resting, happy with the thought that evil Alonso would be able to do no more , but whats' this !. evil Alonso suddenly appears and threaten's to Peg the fairy godmother , who laughs uncontrollable, with what ? Max already took 5 inchs off ! with this said, evil Alonso jumps on top of the fairy Godmother! shouting , YOU **** OLE, I'M A 2 TIMES WDC , show some respect, max took but 5 inchs, i have another 10 for you......... give me the **** or i will use it !

ahhh look at that , Pin head Lothar is now a sleep , ok we do part 2 tomorrow....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-24-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:59 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Nano
Good post,

I agree on Hamilton, his performance was often overshadowed by other issues, but he did display a phenomenal potential. Even in Brazil, his overtaking of coulthard(If I remember) left me jaw hanging. He "would" need a #2 driver as teammate next year. WDC 2008? He would not be my first bet.

I don't really agree on Alonso committing suicide. Why would his skill dull out? Alonso, Hamilton and Ron Dennis can bring back something from this season after losing everything. If they can take that experience home, learn from their mistakes and use it to "better" themselves, they could all have a great comeback next seaon in whathever team they end up. Alonso certainly has the potential of bringing back Renault, Bmw, Toyota, and others to top competitive levels, maybe not instant WDC potential for 2008 (Still would be a feat worthy of respect getting renault back on podium for example), eventually WDC potential 2009, 2010. In any case, I am not dismissing 100% Alonso leaving Mclaren until I see the official release.

If KR is properly groomed at Ferrari, he can only improve.
Nano, what I meant with dulling skills, is that if you are not at the top, you do not stay sharp. It happened to JV and so many others in the past 25 years. RD does learn from his mistakes... unfortunately. He got lucky with Senna and Prost back then and went for the same paradigm once more... this time it backfired. I think that Alonso would greatly help Toyota, Renault, and other teams next year, but at his own expense. I mean, when you get on that track and do not think you can win because of your equipment, you just don't behave the same.

Where in Montreal are you from? I was born,grew up and lived there until 5 years ago.

Fred
Old 10-23-2007, 11:50 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

So has Alonso packed his stuff up at McLaren yet?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:26 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
So has Alonso packed his stuff up at McLaren yet?
You mean "So, has Alonso found all of his stuff in boxes outside McLaren yet?"
Old 10-24-2007, 03:40 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

www.f1-news/flash.com

ALONSO'S BAGS ARE PACKED

Well you heard it hear first :
Ross Brawn is replacing Todt @ Ferrari next year. Todt and Alonso are on their way to Toyota , a 5 yr deal and a new Dynasty ......
Old 10-24-2007, 04:27 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
You mean "So, has Alonso found all of his stuff in boxes outside McLaren yet?"
Yep that's what I mean!

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors