Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:20 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,263 Likes on 1,926 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
In other words, "use it or lose it."

Why enter your two-time WDC in the race when you're confident your other team driver will win the title? Oh, that's right. It might be considered favoritism and McLaren was all about "the team" this season, wasn't it.
I realize your favoritism for Alonso, but he is a very abrasive, if not cancerous personality on race teams. Last year when he accussed Renault of not trying hard enough to develope the car when Schumacher had passed him in points, he lashed out at his team and mechanics without mercy. Renault -- a team with whom he had won a previous WC.

This year at McLaren he has been an embarassment to himself and his sport in the way he has conducted himself. McLaren and Hamilton are not much better.

Aside from the Spanish and Brits, most people are happy that Kimi and Ferrari won over those two.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not get the logic about sitting Alonso for the last race; it makes no sense. If Hamilton should happen to break at Interlagos, which is certainly with-in the realm of reason, then they very well would be handing the WDC to Kimi, unless Alonso was there to challenge for it.

What would have been interesting is if Hamilton was up to 6th, would Alonso have given up his 3rd place?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:55 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman

What would have been interesting is if Hamilton was up to 6th, would Alonso have given up his 3rd place?
Had that been the case and Alonso done that I would completely change my mind about him. However I doubt he would have after what transpired this season.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:38 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
I realize your favoritism for Alonso, but he is a very abrasive, if not cancerous personality on race teams. Last year when he accussed Renault of not trying hard enough to develope the car when Schumacher had passed him in points, he lashed out at his team and mechanics without mercy. Renault -- a team with whom he had won a previous WC.

This year at McLaren he has been an embarassment to himself and his sport in the way he has conducted himself. McLaren and Hamilton are not much better.

Aside from the Spanish and Brits, most people are happy that Kimi and Ferrari won over those two.
That is your opinion, i have yet to hear 1 driver , 1 driver or team principle apart from that **** ole RD say anything negative about Alonso ..... all conjecture on your part ,,,
Hate overcoming logic again Pete
Old 10-25-2007, 01:41 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
Had that been the case and Alonso done that I would completely change my mind about him. However I doubt he would have after what transpired this season.
Why would any driver with the same chance of winning the WDC give up his spot to that **** OLe RD and Lewis , they backed themselves into that corner , take blows or STFU.....

LOL Alonso came out ahead here if he leaves Mclaren it will be a long time before they see a WDC ......
Old 10-25-2007, 01:55 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Schumacher drives 07 Ferrari

Michael Schumacher this week drove Ferrari's championship-winning F2007 single seater for the first time.

The 38-year-old German, who retired as a seven time world champion at the end of last year, completed a few laps of the team's Fiorano test circuit in northern Italy.

A spokesman for the Maranello based outfit confirmed that Schumacher's demonstration run on Wednesday coincided with a Fiat board meeting, just three days after Kimi Raikkonen wrapped up the 2007 drivers' title.

Schumacher's Fiorano laps, however, were not his first in a Formula One car since he raced for the last time at Interlagos last October. In late June he demonstrated his title-winning F2004 at the same circuit for Ferrari's 60th birthday.
Cliquez ici...

On Friday he will appear in Oviedo, Fernando Alonso's Spanish hometown, to collect the Prince of Asturias award.

Schumacher reiterated on Thursday that he does not regret his decision to retire.

"Well, of course I loved to race and I loved to drive and I still do. But I have closed this chapter, and my new challenge is to spend as much quality time with my family as possible," he said. "I do not regret anything, I feel free."
Old 10-25-2007, 02:13 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
That is your opinion, i have yet to hear 1 driver , 1 driver or team principle apart from that **** ole RD say anything negative about Alonso ..... all conjecture on your part ,,,
Hate overcoming logic again Pete
Only Alonso airs his dirty laundry in public through the media. I'm sure if you sat down and had a beer with the Renault and McLaren personnel, they would tell a different story.

That being said, Hamilton aired his dirty laundry in the press after the Hungarian fiasco. When Alonso blocked him in the pits, he should have just STFU as that was tit for tat. Now they were even.

But both drivers had displayed actions to hurt the team. I'm not quite certain given the spygate situation, but if Alonso had not blocked Hamilton in Hungary, and taken the high road, his situation/position would have been looked upon more favorably within the team, as it would have been Lewis would was not the team player. As it is, both just looked out for themselves. Hamilton just kissed up better than Alonso and the better man and team won this year.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:56 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

For once I have to agree with RD that we are fed what they want us to hear (up to a point). We are not privy to the back room conversations that must have been going on at Mac all year. With RD protecting his protoge, the only bad press we were allowed to hear was Alonso's ramblings because nobody at Mac was listening (or caring).

But at this point, who cares? Big Mac blew up and gave it all away which is the best punishment for how all the players handled themselves. The long term winner will be Alonso because he will return to his beloved Renault and prosper while Mac seems to be headed for hard times.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:12 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mitch236
For once I have to agree with RD that we are fed what they want us to hear (up to a point). We are not privy to the back room conversations that must have been going on at Mac all year. With RD protecting his protoge, the only bad press we were allowed to hear was Alonso's ramblings because nobody at Mac was listening (or caring).

But at this point, who cares? Big Mac blew up and gave it all away which is the best punishment for how all the players handled themselves. The long term winner will be Alonso because he will return to his beloved Renault and prosper while Mac seems to be headed for hard times.
I wish that were the case Mitch, but there is a powerful man that wants to see otherwise. www.f1racing.net

There is no hiding who Bernie wants to see on top.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:17 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

What part of the link am I supposed to read?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:38 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry,
It's todays story on Ecclestone: Dennis handed Rakkonen the Championship. As the head of F1, I don't think he should publically say who he wants to be champion. It is honest, but not proper for the head of F1 to do so.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's probably this one where Bernie still basically only talks about Hamilton...

That jackass! Imagine if for example NBA, NFL etc. commisioner would talk like this? Clearly hoping one team or certain individual to win and not giving credit to those who won.

One and only thing he has said about Kimi afte he won the Wolrd Championship is: "Raikkonen is champion. I just hope he starts talking more". rest is Hamilton's *** kissing.

Why don't we then just start giving out driver's championships based on how much driver smiles & talks?

I just wanna go and kick that little bastards ***!
Old 10-25-2007, 03:48 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
It's probably this one where Bernie still basically only talks about Hamilton...

That jackass! Imagine if for example NBA, NFL etc. commisioner would talk like this? Clearly hoping one team or certain individual to win and not giving credit to those who won.

One and only thing he has said about Kimi afte he won the Wolrd Championship is: "Raikkonen is champion. I just hope he starts talking more". rest is Hamilton's *** kissing.

Why don't we then just start giving out driver's championships based on how much driver smiles & talks?

I just wanna go and kick that little bastards ***!

Easy there Big Boy. Your supposed to be the Iceman. I don't think Kimi cares what Bernie says as long as he's in a red car and the Vodka is flowing
Old 10-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Easy there Big Boy. Your supposed to be the Iceman. I don't think Kimi cares what Bernie says as long as he's in a red car and the Vodka is flowing
You're right, he doesn't and if Kimi doesn't give a ****, I don't give a ****.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think Kimi cares what Bernie says as long as he's in a red car and the Vodka is flowing
That's correct. Kimi is Kimi and Bernie can say what ever he wants. I prefer a F1 driver who can drive; bull**** talking just do not fit to the Finnish character.
Just saw Kimi's brother Rami on Finnish TV. He mentioned Kimi is still the same guy he used to be. Kimi will go his own paths. Next weekend there will be a big party in Italy but after that Kimi will fly over to Finland. Btw Kimi's brother Rami finished #3 in Finnish F3 series this season. He used to be a promising rally driver, but switched back to single seaters few years ago. he started to drive karting about the same time as younger bro Kimi. Rami drives nowadays just for fun.

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors