Sponsored by:

Formula 1 - 2024 Season

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 06:04 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 888 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Yeah and at least he wore his Senna tribute shirt in honor and respect for the tribute lap and VER was too good to do that. Although 6 days later after being blasted on social media he “claims” it was stolen and not one person in the entire area had an extra one for him.
Now you are just being stupid.....
The following users liked this post:
Carlo_Carrera (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 06:38 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 744 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by multi21
In a post right out of "Man yelling at clouds"

Sebastian Vettel's camp, the organizer of the event, came out with the statement that several shirts were stolen including, but not limited to, Max's shirt as well as Valtteri Bottas, who didn't wear the Senna shirt either.

"Regardless, the truth has now come out about Max Verstappen’s Ayrton Senna T-shirt. F1 journalist Mariana Becker is reported to have contacted Sebastian Vettel’s advisor. She noted that many Senna tribute T-shirts were stolen, including the ones for Max Verstappen and Valtteri Bottas. So, it seems like Verstappen was criticized unnecessarily."

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1...senna-tribute/

LOL, I guess Hamilton fans have to hand their hat on something besides race wins.
Yep and I am sure those were the only shirts printed. They didn't print one extra.
Old 05-22-2024, 08:31 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,517 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Yep and I am sure those were the only shirts printed. They didn't print one extra.
Apparently they didn't.

I noticed you didn't comment on Bottas not wearing one. So what is the agenda with that?

And what does matter? There are plenty of lifelong F1 fans out there that don't like Senna. There are also current/former F1 drivers who privately don't think much of him either. Wearing a T-shirt doesn't change that.
Old 05-23-2024, 11:01 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 1,993 Posts

The Andretti admittance to F1 has gotten personal between Liberty Media CEO and the Andrettis.May 22, 2024, 8:13 PM EDT
By Sahil KapurMario Andretti and Greg Maffei, the CEO of Formula 1's owner, Liberty Media, clashed at a private reception during the recent Miami Grand Prix weekend over Andretti Global's bid to enter the sport, according to sources with knowledge of the incident.

Andretti, a former F1 world champion and the patriarch of the Andretti racing family, described the incident for the first time in an interview with NBC News.
He said it occurred Saturday at the Palm Club at an invitation-only breakfast reception. Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali asked Andretti about his recent visit to Washington, and Andretti told him he had been invited by lawmakers to speak outside the Capitol as they called on the sport to accept Andretti's application to become F1's 11th team.

“I was asked to go there. And just as I was trying to explain that to Stefano, Greg Maffei, Mr. Maffei, broke in the conversation and he said: 'Mario, I want to tell you that I will do everything in my power to see that Michael never enters Formula 1,'” Andretti said.

It was a reference to Michael Andretti, Mario's son, who is the chairman and CEO of Andretti Global and is leading its bid to enter F1. The tense words between the two powerful men came just days after Andretti joined lawmakers outside the Capitol for a news conference, where the members of Congress accused F1 of engaging in anti-competitive practices by denying Andretti’s application.

Maffei walked away after that remark and hasn’t contacted him since, Andretti said.
“I could not believe that,” he said. “That one really floored me. ... We’re talking about business. I didn’t know it was something so personal. That was really — oh, my goodness. I could not believe it. It was just like a bullet through my heart.”Andretti emphasized that he didn't approach the lawmakers and that they asked him to come after a recent Red Bull F1 showrun near the Capitol piqued their interest.

“I did not initiate that,” he said.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna153601
LuigiVampa (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 12:04 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,103 Likes on 1,838 Posts

The ironic thing here is the Liberty Media is an American company shutting out a potential second American F1 team on the grid.
thebishman (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 12:07 PM
goin2drt
Banned

The Andretti admittance to F1 has gotten personal between Liberty Media CEO and the Andrettis.May 22, 2024, 8:13 PM EDT
By Sahil KapurMario Andretti and Greg Maffei, the CEO of Formula 1's owner, Liberty Media, clashed at a private reception during the recent Miami Grand Prix weekend over Andretti Global's bid to enter the sport, according to sources with knowledge of the incident.

Andretti, a former F1 world champion and the patriarch of the Andretti racing family, described the incident for the first time in an interview with NBC News.
He said it occurred Saturday at the Palm Club at an invitation-only breakfast reception. Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali asked Andretti about his recent visit to Washington, and Andretti told him he had been invited by lawmakers to speak outside the Capitol as they called on the sport to accept Andretti's application to become F1's 11th team.

“I was asked to go there. And just as I was trying to explain that to Stefano, Greg Maffei, Mr. Maffei, broke in the conversation and he said: 'Mario, I want to tell you that I will do everything in my power to see that Michael never enters Formula 1,'” Andretti said.

It was a reference to Michael Andretti, Mario's son, who is the chairman and CEO of Andretti Global and is leading its bid to enter F1. The tense words between the two powerful men came just days after Andretti joined lawmakers outside the Capitol for a news conference, where the members of Congress accused F1 of engaging in anti-competitive practices by denying Andretti’s application.

Maffei walked away after that remark and hasn’t contacted him since, Andretti said.
“I could not believe that,” he said. “That one really floored me. ... We’re talking about business. I didn’t know it was something so personal. That was really — oh, my goodness. I could not believe it. It was just like a bullet through my heart.”Andretti emphasized that he didn't approach the lawmakers and that they asked him to come after a recent Red Bull F1 showrun near the Capitol piqued their interest.

Plain and simple the US government and US taxpayer dollars should not be spending even $1 on this issue. It is DISGUSTING. They are far bigger issues to deal with then this. I am an Andretti fan and have also been as I was a CART fan before F1 and they are becoming a joke. It is like a typical spoiled brat that didn't get his way now he is going to his Mom to give him the candy.
The following 3 users liked this post by goin2drt:
Matt Romanowski (05-23-2024), Nowanker (05-23-2024), T10Chris (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 12:13 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Plain and simple the US government and US taxpayer dollars should not be spending even $1 on this issue. It is DISGUSTING. They are far bigger issues to deal with then this. I am an Andretti fan and have also been as I was a CART fan before F1 and they are becoming a joke. It is like a typical spoiled brat that didn't get his way now he is going to his Mom to give him the candy.
It's anti-trust which is the government's business.
Old 05-23-2024, 12:19 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
It's anti-trust which is the government's business.
Please explain why/how this is anti-trust? So if I want to start an NFL team tomorrow I can because the NFL can't stop me as that is anti-trust. People keep falling back on that excuse but it doesn't work that way.
Old 05-23-2024, 12:22 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 568 Posts

I think we have to wait to see what was really said. Other people who were there said that is not what transpired. It seems hard to believe the head of LIberty would say that in front of anyone.
Old 05-23-2024, 01:03 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Please explain why/how this is anti-trust? So if I want to start an NFL team tomorrow I can because the NFL can't stop me as that is anti-trust. People keep falling back on that excuse but it doesn't work that way.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radovi...ional%20sports.

Baseball is the only professional sports league in the US with an exemption from anti-trust laws.

I'm not disagreeing with you that the government has bigger things to worry about, but these billion dollar companies, which are the sports league franchises, including F1, are subject to US an EU anti-trust laws.
Old 05-23-2024, 01:14 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radovi...ional%20sports.

Baseball is the only professional sports league in the US with an exemption from anti-trust laws.

I'm not disagreeing with you that the government has bigger things to worry about, but these billion dollar companies, which are the sports league franchises, including F1, are subject to US an EU anti-trust laws.
So explain to me then why if my Dad was a billionaire and I wanted to play QB for an NFL why I can't just add an NFL team. NFL owners have to vote and they would vote not to add a new team. Just like the F1 teams voted to not expand. Again I don't get how it is anti-trust. I would understand if last year and recently they just added teams ***** nilly and then just didn't want to allow them to add a team. That was not the case.
Nowanker (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 01:25 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 1,993 Posts

Agree 1000% of no tax dollars, but I don't think there's been any call or movement in that direction. Also agree that the government has WAY BIGGER issues that who gets a nod to an F1 team.

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I think we have to wait to see what was really said. Other people who were there said that is not what transpired. It seems hard to believe the head of LIberty would say that in front of anyone.
Per usual, there's always 3 sides to a story. Someone like Domenicali isn't going to go against Liberty Media, so even if it did happen the way Mario said it went down, Stefano will not be a witness for him.

Mario's been around the block a few times, including as a driver in F1. He's seen how F1 politics works and that it's perhaps one of the biggest shark tanks on earth besides governmental politics.

Mario says, he was compelled to go to Congress and testify on the matter, of which I have no doubt, but If I had to guess, I would wager he had a hand in influencing someone in Congress to have hearings on this matter as compared to Congress just coming up with this all on their own... especially in an election year! This in turn ultimately puts pressure on F1 to accept his family's bid, but there's always a quid pro quo and F1 gets some type of concession in the way of government favors. Those favors, again my speculation, would revolve around the Las Vegas property F1 purchased for over a quarter billion dollars and put in several hundred billion more in improvements.
Old 05-23-2024, 01:28 PM
Nowanker
Burning Brakes

Location: Formerly the DPRK, now seeking political asylum in Oregon
Received 548 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
Now you are just being stupid.....
Wow, that's a little aggressive...
But what's more disturbing is that a moderator actually 'liked' that.
Old 05-23-2024, 02:11 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 888 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowanker
Wow, that's a little aggressive...
But what's more disturbing is that a moderator actually 'liked' that.
Read what the guy wrote. What I wrote was dead nuts accurate. I’d say it to his face.
Old 05-23-2024, 02:21 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,517 Likes on 1,588 Posts

The professional sport leagues in the USA have anti-trust exemptions granted by Congress.

Formula 1 has no such protections.

Thus Andretti being shutout of F1 could be considered the government's business.

Quick Reply: Formula 1 - 2024 Season