Sponsored by:

Garmin Automated Coaching

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 06:47 PM
Erik Garci
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Do you happen to have the RAM part #? Like to figure out the cost of the mount.
From my earlier post...

Originally Posted by Erik Garci
You can buy just the cradle and ball plate and use them with the other mounting parts that come with the Catalyst.
https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-GA75LU
https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-238U

The Catalyst's magnetic mount does not fit in the cradle, so you would have to use Garmin's Fleet Suction Cup Mount with Magnetic Mount (part# 010-12543-00) which I have used with the Catalyst and confirmed that it works.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/569789
Old 10-28-2020, 07:10 PM
burnergt4
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 224 Posts

Erik—I'm assuming the RAM ball base fits into the connecting arms that come with the Catalyst? Echoing my thanks in doing the legwork of figuring out the correct parts 👍🏼
Old 10-28-2020, 07:13 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,062 Likes on 1,794 Posts

Originally Posted by burnergt4
Erik—I'm assuming the RAM ball base fits into the connecting arms that come with the Catalyst? Echoing my thanks in doing the legwork of figuring out the correct parts 👍🏼
Yes, all the Catalyst ball mount hardware for the suction cup, mag base, arms and couplers are compatible and interchangeable with the RAM B (1”) ball mounting hardware.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

The following users liked this post:
burnergt4 (10-28-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 07:15 PM
burnergt4
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Yes, all the Catalyst ball mount hardware for the suction cup, mag base, arms and couplers are compatible and interchangeable with the RAM B (1”) ball mounting hardware.
Awesome, thanks for the confirmation, Peter.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:34 PM
LagunaFanatic
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
I had the opportunity to use the Catalyst during a PCA TT at Chuckwalla this past weekend. The track was recently resurfaced, so nice a grippy. The coaching from the Catalyst and some analysis of Vbox data helped me score a best lap of the day on Saturday (new PCA SDR Lap Record). Here's a video of my subsequently faster lap (but no lap record as it was not during a time run) with the Catalyst coaching me.

https://youtu.be/gXGvBjX5XIk
awesome video, thanks for sharing. Heading there this weekend and can’t wait to try out the new surface. With any luck, business trip gets canceled and will be there the following weekend for the POC event with new suspension.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:34 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Here are some photos of the Catalyst in the RAM cradle.

Another thing that is cool is the locking feature included in this mount.

Mikelly (11-19-2020)
Old 11-01-2020, 01:08 PM
LDubz735
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by skru_fase
You are best to write the registrar, I know they aren't letting blue run solo, but they may allow you as white, depending on your cv. Obviously neither club are doing check-out rides now, however I was able to move into PCA this year as black, coming from solo in Trillium. PM me if you have any questions.
I'm in the Solo group w/ BMW Trillium and took advantage of the PCA day this year being open to non-p-cars. They put me in the white group, and the group seemed to be running at the equivalent speeds of BMW's B group. Given it was a one-off event for me, I can't comment on the pace of the black group, but my sense in speaking to others is the pace is more equivalent to the BMW Solo/A group.

Either way, I'm hoping there's a Black Friday sale for this. I wished I had taken advantage of Amazon.ca's mispricing this item <$900.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:40 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by LDubz735
I'm in the Solo group w/ BMW Trillium and took advantage of the PCA day this year being open to non-p-cars. They put me in the white group, and the group seemed to be running at the equivalent speeds of BMW's B group. Given it was a one-off event for me, I can't comment on the pace of the black group, but my sense in speaking to others is the pace is more equivalent to the BMW Solo/A group.

Either way, I'm hoping there's a Black Friday sale for this. I wished I had taken advantage of Amazon.ca's mispricing this item <$900.
Which event did you go to? I'm in the White group. I may have been out there with you.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:48 PM
Erik Garci
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Garmin now offers the Cage Mount.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/761902

Here are some photos of the Catalyst mounted in an open cockpit. USB power is provided by a portable battery. The camera is in a bugproof/weatherproof housing.

Old 11-19-2020, 08:50 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Damn that looks....

Sweet. I just discovered that cage mount yesterday on the Garmin web site. I will order from Peter today.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:52 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Sweet. I just discovered that cage mount yesterday on the Garmin web site. I will order from Peter today.
Already on its way to you, Martin.
Old 11-19-2020, 05:27 PM
dsddcd
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Here are some photos of the Catalyst mounted in an open cockpit. USB power is provided by a portable battery. The camera is in a bugproof/weatherproof housing.
Great job with the 3D printing that looks fantastic!
Old 11-19-2020, 09:11 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 69 Posts

I’m late to the game here. Just bought one for a late model stock car. I haven’t read this whole thread yet, but I’m gonna. I like that cage as I’ve got reservations about the magnet base. Is there an option for the camera and cage mounting?

TIA!
Old 11-19-2020, 09:17 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Sure. I offer the cage for an extra charge, the difference between the conventional mount and the cage, with cables. As far as the camera goes, I’d recommend the standard double side stick tape bases (two included in the kit) for your car.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:41 PM
dsddcd
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Well I finally got some time off from the track to write a quick Software Setup Tutorial for some of my customers and I figured I would share these as I build my library. You can download the details Here.

Martin S. (11-23-2020)

Quick Reply: Garmin Automated Coaching